"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 08:48:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: NCR Defence event #1  (Read 44507 times)

Re: NCR Defence event #1
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

One of the best event ever made, it's sad that some of us couldn't make it. Nice fight and really tough battles happen there. We managed to get a lot of kills, some of use was one of the last mens standing near Tandi. Anyway, this was a very good idea, great job guys, i really look forward getting more of these later on. :)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

To all of you talking about things you've no idea about:

1) Faster connection?? How many times we were repeating that performance issues are of the application itself, needs to be optimized, period. No better server would help.

2) Fix game instead of organizing events? The GMs are not responsible for fixing game, why not letting them try to make some events?
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2010, 09:02:51 pm »

Apart from the lag and the damn chokepoint on the begining it was quite fun event. Hopefully creators will continue to improve game and host some more such events.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »

Get some preliminar skirmishes to sort people out, who can be invited for the final round. Being kicked out for nothing really sucked.

I thought initially you were doing the sorting out on NCR spawnpoint and in deathtraps.

Ah, deathtraps. Did you had fun?

And hey, we're not supposed to be annoyed! We're only betatesters, right?
Thank you for this meaningful evening.

And guys, if you seriously want to hear something productive: discuss, how a map for such events should look.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:09:10 pm by Alvarez »

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2010, 09:09:06 pm »

I dont get it why are you people so furious btw.

Ive been in a few beta tests before and believe me this event was a glorious stress test event compared to some.
Like the end of lotro beta event, omg....... Here you only need to worry about the server crashing, but there, the whole pc locks up after like 5 seconds of logging on, and only hard reset helps.

The GMs did a fine job of stripping people down to bluesuits(the pit of doom), and the frontline looked organised too.
There were only 2 main problems: Doc and FA skill having way to much cd -> useless
The armor/weapon "distribution" was a big mistake. Too little space, the ground wasnt even visible, small space, everyone stuffing their backpack with 5 different weapons, not mention the tiny little space for us, ammo was hard to find(use backpack->drag ammo to inv-> take ALL), not to mention the lack of space, then squizing through the door, did i mention the spawning area was not big enough?
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2010, 09:12:16 pm »

Yup, agreeing. Spawning area and stuff area, being not designed for that much people, were not enough large. We will fix that for next event, and maybe put all the stuff in lockers, or maybe set different weaponry.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

Why not using Westin's ranch next time? Get the local doc to heal for free during the crisis. Get respawning stuff in the lockers.

Also, i'm fucking enraged, so may we storm Navarro next time?
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2010, 09:14:38 pm »

Things to make better:

For GM's and event organizers:

- Supervise the event so you can take care of the possible PK's and blockers right away. Ban the wrong doers.
- Remove the cars or choose a wider battlegrould with cover. Enough room to shoot tho, unlike half-blocked ncr streets

For players:

- Move the **** out of your way instead of standing there like a dumbass with a boner. Either go to where you wanted to or get out of other's way
- For real, check your targets, and dont come here to ruin the event for the others and PK / respawn-rape
- DO NOT TAKE MORE AMMO THAN YOU NEED. You really think you can use all that 18.000 ammo without dying before you used it all? Take only what you need, more like 500 or so should be more than enough.
- Think about your fellow players, offer help and dont be greedy.
- Do not spam the chat, it helps no one, its just annoying everyone.

That'll be all.
<[VSB]Lordus> I admire polish bravery during the start of WWII when they attacked the tanks divisions with horse cavalry..

<%Mr_Perriack> Events seem to be like throwing spaghetti at a wall and hoping for art.  It's a Picasso sometimes.
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2010, 09:16:44 pm »

Why not using Westin's ranch next time? Get the local doc to heal for free during the crisis. Get respawning stuff in the lockers.

Also, i'm fucking enraged, so may we storm Navarro next time?
1. mIRC
2. /join #2238rage
3. RAGE! BLOOD, GORE, DEATH
4. Profit!!
I give a fuck.

Kinkin

• In dust we trust!
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »

Excellent event !

A bit of lag, but the next one will better :)
In dust we trust!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2010, 09:21:36 pm »

Wait, Westin's ranch makes sense actually. We'll think about it. Problem is the locked gate.

Edit : Thanks Kinkin.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »

It was nowhere clarified that no admin/dev is involved there.

Maybe it was a bit too much for the first event. Make them a bit smaller with lesser players at the start so that the disappointment won't be that big.
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:58 pm »

Some pics of mine:

Behind enemy lines

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34:24 pm »

I think it was to many people for the Server, every guy knows today is a big funny event and every guy comes to play.

I think smaller Events are better like.

You spawn some Enclave (5-10) into Klamath or other Towns when when the defending Players comes (sure not so many like today) ;) and you see how many they are you can attack them with a little more enclave so they have to fight :)

I think it must not be so big, small and fine is often better :)

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2010, 09:45:42 pm »

NCR was a heaven for suiciders.

On the battlefield we lined up like it's 1776.

Enclave hit us from the West.

We pushed them back from the gates.

But they came back in strength.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:04:27 pm by MaximusFartimus »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 19 queries.