"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:27:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starvation and Dehydration  (Read 5073 times)

Re: Starvation and Dehydration
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 08:48:21 am »

So what's the point of this system? Nothing of value will be added to the game. No new activities, no one will make food money, no farming food, no hunting. Just visiting towns for the sake of it?
More realism? (As I said previously there was a food system that didn't got into Fallout 2)
Btw the world is full with encouters with caravans, farmers, patrols I think the player should be able to buy food from them too for way bigger price. Or even gather for himself only with high outdoorsman skill (no real item there the player just dropped to a random map and see the text 'Thanks to your skills you were able to find food') but still easiest way would be to eat in the bar.

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:31 am »

ok i have been playing fallout NV lately and i play on hardcore mode and i thought it would be cool if we need to eat and drink water to survive and since food is sometimes expensive how about we make it so it starts at level 5. tell me what you think and i bet this has been brought up before
Cane be but if i vote for up a capacity.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 09:40:27 am »

More realism?
It's a computer game. Game, get it? People play games for entertainment, lulz, fun - you name it. Game. Not some MadMaxWannabe Wasteland's Life Simulator, a.k.a. Sims - Post Apo. Want realism in survival? Drop yourself in Siberian woods with swiss army knife and one panties.

Sheesh, moar realism. You should kill anyone with sharp stick by stabbing in the eye, so why do we need guns anyway? Let's disable them all, in the name of Realism!

Playing NV is dangerous, I see.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Serbian

• //INSERT WISE ASS SONG LYRICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE//
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 10:08:02 am »

A starvation system was supposed to be implemented in FO2, but it was deemeed useless and overly comlpicating, as you would need to feed your companions (come on Cassidy, it yum-yum), there is still some code of it left in FO2.
//INSERT WISE ASS POETRY THAT MAKES NO SENSE HERE//
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 10:35:34 am »

Senocular, did u ever visited NCR? U spawn right next to the fast food bar, right?

Idea of bringing people to towns is easy: u cant join any group if u have never been in town (oh there is forum, but still is difficult). You can trade, hunt together and so on. I really like to just stand in VC and help newbies, just for fun. Or talk with people. Its multilpayer game, so crowded places should be normal.

But u should read more carefully, i proposed fueling food also in bases like outpost (which has garden).

I really like idea of gathering food in for example tree encounters, but avoiding farming food. Eating with caravan sounds nice too.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 11:18:54 am »

It's a computer game. Game, get it? People play games for entertainment, lulz, fun - you name it. Game. Not some MadMaxWannabe Wasteland's Life Simulator, a.k.a. Sims - Post Apo. Want realism in survival? Drop yourself in Siberian woods with swiss army knife and one panties.

Sheesh, moar realism. You should kill anyone with sharp stick by stabbing in the eye, so why do we need guns anyway? Let's disable them all, in the name of Realism!

Playing NV is dangerous, I see.
As far as the new Fallout games considered I haven't played them and for a while I don't even plan...
To the nonsense about Siberian woods knife and panties... well can't say anything toward that.
Anyway as I see both of us are too stubborn and looking for different things in the game

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 02:21:20 pm »

More realism? (As I said previously there was a food system that didn't got into Fallout 2)
Can we have pee and poop system, please? For more realism of course, it doesn't matter the only fuction it will fulfill would be pissing off players.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »

would you honestly attack a guy who has a shotgun with a pointy stick in reality given the choice?
maybe wait for a thought that makes sense before you post it...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:17:45 pm by jonny rust »

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 02:59:15 am »

would you honestly attack a guy who has a shotgun with a pointy stick in reality given the choice?
maybe wait for a thought that makes sense before you post it...

set up ambush not charge like an idiot.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 03:12:13 am »

set up ambush not charge like an idiot.

oh, well in that case...

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.