"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:24:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PvP Changes  (Read 1645 times)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
PvP Changes
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:18:43 am »

PvP improvements:

1st. Increase players HP
2nd. Decrease weapon DMG
3rd. Limit of mercenaries numbers

How to do it:
1st: change lvl cap - HP should be 300-500
2nd: weapon DMG should be reduced by:
     BG - 25%
     EW - 20%
     SG - 15%
3rd: one or two mercenaries (full controled by player) not more

What it will change?
It will bring more fun: fights will be longer, battles will be focused on players skill not on some computer AI.

FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: PvP Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:45:38 am »

I could almost guess we're getting more hp, and perks to better deal with fast deaths.

But yeah, damage is going up somewhat as well.
I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to try having slower combat, but let's say everyone has his own sweetspot set somewhere else.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:58:13 am »

slowing down RT fights is a nice idea. Reacting to things with this interface can be a bit clunky and this would give us more time to consider our movements.

One thing about tactics was that it integrated RT combat into the fallout fighting style really well (at least I got used to it quickly). Things like being able to set a target for a character and that character continuing to fire on that target (and even reloading his gun automatically was really nice). Things like that made it possible to consider the next move with more attention and observe what was going on around you and your target.

I also hope that once we go 3D we will be able to crouch for cover behind cars, boxes and anything that cant be walked through but still seen over. the great thing about FoT combat was that people missed more which made high HP un-neccessary.

DocAN.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 05:51:40 pm »

250hp, 2x Thougness + Psycho + Beer and You will die from 1 shot, how KO from Plasma Rfile for 230+ DMG,
Alt with only 1 LG will die instantly coz hes HP is 220+.

More HP = longer fights = more fun

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

250hp, 2x Thougness + Psycho + Beer and You will die from 1 shot, how KO from Plasma Rfile for 230+ DMG,
Alt with only 1 LG will die instantly coz hes HP is 220+.

More HP = longer fights = more fun

uh... lower plasma rifle damage? I'm not suggesting that we do that, but its the other side of the coin you just tossed.

I think there are far more interesting ways to make fighting more fun than to just raise HP (which I consider to be a straight up copout). Look at the new "take cover" post. that makes a hell of a lot more sense than a bunch of demi-gods running around sustaining retarded amounts of damage...

Instead of raising HP why not raise AC? its much more believable for you to miss me and i survive than it is for you to smack me in the chest with a mini-gun burst and for me to go about my business.

DocAN.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »

Man, 1 KO and You are dead! More HP, gives You more chances to survive.

About "take cover" how will You use it in the middle of desert?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »

Man, 1 KO and You are dead! More HP, gives You more chances to survive.

About "take cover" how will You use it in the middle of desert?

aright... So I have more HP but i'm still knocked out! its not really worth that much while i'm lying there probably having my legs and arms crippled... right?  this suggestion and your scenario basically means cripplers get to toy with me more.

How about the KO shot missed me, and my next shot misses you... then we both find cover (yes there are car wrecks and stones and such in the middle of the desert, it does happen, and if it doesn't, well thats desert warfare for ya! so what?). Now we both need to find a way of getting closer to each other, or maybe even radio in for help. the fight doesn't even have to end with death. it could be a stalemate!

"But jonny! i hate chess! I just like to hit my friends in the arm, then he hits me in the arm and we keep doing it until someone says uncle!"

well, thats too bad. I always thought of fallout as a thinking mans game. Maybe I was wrong...

DocAN.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:59 pm »

Come to hinkley, You will see on PIT what am im talking about when some sniper will make You unable to play coz You will die from 1-2 shots it doesnt metter if it will be KO or not. Im talking about 223 pistol, laser rifles, sniper rifles, plasma rifles, and others, also crits made by BG weapon, 1-2 shot and You are DEAD!.

My suggestion is about making the fight longer.
And the only way to do it is by increase HP and lowering DMG.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 07:14:07 pm »

and what i'm saying is that increased HP won't save you from a knock out or a crippling. the only thing that will save you from that is a decreased chance to hit, hence prolonging a 'worthwhile' fight.

DocAN.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:19 pm »

the only thing that will save you from that is a decreased chance to hit, hence prolonging a 'worthwhile' fight.

We had it alrdy and there was mass whine on forum which changed it to current system
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:48 pm »

My suggestion is about making the fight longer.
And the only way to do it is by increase HP and lowering DMG.

Couldn't you also get a similar effect by decreasing accuracy and increasing action point requirement for better guns? This is by no means a perfect suggestion, but merely an example of another way to lengthen fights a little, or make them more of a fight than a "one click death" :

Increase action points needed to fire BG and rifles
Maintain action points for shit pistols
Lower action points for melee
Decrease accuracy at distance for all weapons (either lower percentage to hit, or cap skill at 150% or 200% or something)
Decrease accuracy of aimed / crit shots
Decrease accuracy of bursts at distance
Increase knockout chance for melee

So you have :
Smaller weapons fire quickly and accurately, but don't do much damage and have limited range.
Big guns take ages to fire, and are very inaccurate, but if they hit, they do lots of damage.
Sniper weapons take ages to fire, unaimed shots are very accurate and do moderate damage, aimed/crit shots much less accurate, but deadly.
Burst weapons need to be very near to be accurate.
If melee fighter manages to get to you before you've shot him enough, he'll knock you out and beat you to death on the floor.

To make things even harder, you could lose a few current Action Points, or stop for an "I've been hit" animation every time you are hit, giving a balance between "rubbish gun that fires often" and "deadly gun which fires rarely".

Alternately, you could have different levels of aiming (like in Jagged Alliance 2), i.e. each extra action point to fire increases the accuracy, so you can pepper them with 5 innacurate shots, or slowly aim and blow their head off.

I'm sure there's a million problems with those suggestions, and similar things will have been suggested and discarded before, but something along those lines would make fights last longer, simply by decreasing the amount of shots fired, and decreasing the amount of shots which hit - I'm sure increasing HP and lowering DMG can't be the only way to balance things. Though you say "this was tried already and whined about", there may be some compromise somewhere which works.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 07:41:16 pm »

thank you  :)

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:23 pm »

I like luthers suggestion much more. Because what i love about FOnline fights is that you can kill your enemy and rob him blind by sigle burst/shot as well as being killed that way. But decrasing to-hit chance of weapons to make impossible making chars with 95% hit chance on max range would surely make fights more tactical and unpredictable.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

DocAN.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:38 pm »

But decrasing to-hit chance of weapons to make impossible making chars with 95% hit chance on max range would surely make fights more tactical and unpredictable.
We had it in the first few days of past season, i liked it but mass whine on forum had more strengh.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »

Well apparently implementing a cover system is a feasible possibility so lets not discount raised DR and AC as a way to protract PvP just yet.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 22 queries.