"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:17:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: No animation for stealing  (Read 1045 times)

Phallus Erectus

• Simple and really not crazy
No animation for stealing
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:00 pm »

It really pisses me off when I'm buying something and I see a guy run up and wave his arms about my head and he steals my shit. It's so painfully obvious what just occurred, but I can't kill him or I get killed by guards. Could the devs then just get rid of any animation for the steal skill? It would make more sense anyways because you don't know if you had been stolen from or by who. It would make crowded areas more interesting too, since you expect a guy running up to a loner to steal, but not multiple people standing close by and just walking about.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: No animation for stealing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »

It really pisses me off when I'm buying something and I see a guy run up and wave his arms about my head and he steals my shit. It's so painfully obvious what just occurred, but I can't kill him or I get killed by guards. Could the devs then just get rid of any animation for the steal skill? It would make more sense anyways because you don't know if you had been stolen from or by who. It would make crowded areas more interesting too, since you expect a guy running up to a loner to steal, but not multiple people standing close by and just walking about.

your not the only one, this has just been suggested by Tin here
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=17550.0

Phallus Erectus

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:06:29 am »

Tin, Master Metal. ASDu, Nuclear Necrolith. Join me to Steal True. The way to truly steal, to have stolen and gotten away unknowingly, is Steal True. Both of my comrades offer similar truths, truths nonetheless, thus either the animation is removed completely for using sneak skill, or the traditional thief virtue of pickpocketing, and planting bombs onto people for assassinations, is implemented requiring the thief to be only able to use steal from behind the target. Either choice is truth, thus pick one and thieves will flourish as they should.

Perhaps patience is the best implementation to disregard what is plainly seen, though it must be said again that the animation ruins the steal skill for an rpg.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:46 am »

4 trolls. Join me to Troll True. The way to truly troll, to have troll and gotten away unknowingly, is troll True. Both of my comrades offer similar trolls , troll nonetheless, thus either the animation is removed completely for using troll skill, or the traditional troll virtue of trolling, and planting bombs onto people for trolling , is implemented requiring the troll to be only able to use troll from behind the target. Either choice is troll , thus pick one and trolls will flourish as they should.

Perhaps patience is the best implementation to disregard what is plainly seen, though it must be said again that the animation ruins the troll skill for an rpg social nightmare.

Fix'd this is how i see it ..... so the fuck ? Making those damn ncr trolls even more annoying than they already are ? No thanks.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:21:57 am by T-888 »

Phallus Erectus

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:15 am »

Oh. You may also combine the two truths cause that's, like, a truth as well.

Phallus Erectus

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:20:50 am »

It seems some of the people wish Fallout to be less of what it Truly is.

Tin

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:56:34 am »

Tin, Master Metal. ASDu, Nuclear Necrolith. Join me to Steal True. The way to truly steal, to have stolen and gotten away unknowingly, is Steal True. Both of my comrades offer similar truths, truths nonetheless, thus either the animation is removed completely for using sneak skill, or the traditional thief virtue of pickpocketing, and planting bombs onto people for assassinations, is implemented requiring the thief to be only able to use steal from behind the target. Either choice is truth, thus pick one and thieves will flourish as they should.

Perhaps patience is the best implementation to disregard what is plainly seen, though it must be said again that the animation ruins the steal skill for an rpg.

Erm.... what?  ::) To be honest I just wanted Steal to suit the skill.......

Whats the point having two topics? The discussion is more evolved in the other thread...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.