"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:16:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tripod gun-turret  (Read 3319 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Tripod gun-turret
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:05:39 pm »

Look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4thNSAZEpiQ

It is tripod, you can craft it, you can attach almost every weapons on this tripod. If you want to craft it, you need rare items, so it cannot be produced in massive numbers.

Tripod tower has HP determined by crafters skills (repair, ..), so this add new proffesion to the game.

You have to control it manualy, no automatic mode is implemented.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5332/screen10072011212305.jpg
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Tripod gun-turret
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:45:56 pm »

i think most suggestions are gonna be realized when 3D is done... tripod could be new NPC which cant move (just like merc, but lets say, 60HP and different versions, like Minigun Turret, AR Turret, Grenade Launcher Turret). but if thats how i see it, i like it, lol.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:15 pm »

Can it be moved? How long does it takes to deploy? Can it be looted?

Anyway no chance so see this on 2238 sadly, because it is "hi-tech" and probably "abusable". Damn, I wish you could run on requiem...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »

indeed, thats a very hightech stuff... but if there is power armors existing, super stimpacks, vault city has turrets, why tripods wouldnt exist with auto-enemy attack navigation
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:27:17 pm »

Can it be moved? How long does it takes to deploy? Can it be looted?

Anyway no chance so see this on 2238 sadly, because it is "hi-tech" and probably "abusable". Damn, I wish you could run on requiem...

Can it be moved? - Before you set up weapon, tripod can be moved everywhere, its like normal item which you can put on ground. When you set up weapon, then it cant be moved, its just stay on one place.

How long it takes to deploy? - You just put tripod on ground and then set up weapon(simple use gun from inventory on tripod). Thats all. Of course you must charge it by SEC(1 SEC for 20 seconds of use), and load the gun with ammo. So max 30 sec to deploy one turret.

Can it be looted? - It cant be looted(mean just take it from ground) when turret is set up. But enemy players can use science(more science = more chances) to dismantle turret. Then turret is gone and you can loot tripod and also gun which was there.

Also, in my opinion, this feature is not so "high-tech" just because when we can have laser/plasma rifle, we can normally have turrets.

At the end i must say that turrets are just perfect improvement to PvP, and you can have a lot of fun with them. Dont think they are overpowered in any way, also they are not abusable from my point of view.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 06:38:20 pm »

It'll cause more problems, what reason to waste time to deploy turret, then load SEC in it, then put there a gun, then load that gun (or put loaded already, but still you'll need to reload it later, if you'll survive...), and then when you'll use it, you'll... just shoot from that gun from one position, so anyone can kill you easily because you'll stand at the same place or some moron can just run from bushes and dismantle your turret, when you can just get that damned gun in your own hands and shoot like now and don't bother with it!
Also you'll need repair alt, who will deploy that useless stationary stuff from where you can shoot your gun and then die.
Ok, noone will dismantle your turret, because noone will tag and increase science skill just to wait till someone deploy turret, still noone need to dismantle it, they will just kill you knowing where you are and knowing that you won't move.
Well from 1st post I understood that you'll need to shoot from it, it won't act like auto-shooting bot, so... what reason? How it's better than simply shooting with your hands? Or you'll be unkillable while using it and they will need to kill turret 1st before you, and it'll have Frank Horrigan's HP?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:44:08 pm »

I don't see how this adds anything to the game.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:47:25 pm »

You want to make Maginot Line?

In my opinion - more players in team more turrets in (PvP), its hard to play against swarms with mercs and You want to give them another tool? Merc + turrets + swarm have fun in PvE.

I could agree to use this shit inside bases and only there.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:48 pm »

I kinda like the idea of building stuff in maps, because we're restricted to single, single (called), burst, reload and use on actions, and that's not really much to make a game. Adding strategy to tactics would be refreshing.

However, since you loose all the stuff on you when you die, you have to either give stuff away like nothing (and that's not brilliant solution) or make sure people don't die in frustrating frequency.

While this turret might be on pinnacle of strategical items (like requiring some sort of chip found in pre-war military bases), there could be more of it, like pre-war mines (actually doing worthwhile damage, but restricted in numbers), make-shift mines (from really low stuff doing little, to dynamites capable of killing when used in decent numbers).
Then ofcourse cover and movement hindrance, all the sort of sandbags, barbwire and stuff.

Thing is however that it's shitload of crafting and there'd be some reason to use it more than just to troll, or to convert grind into power (which is nearly never good for game). So guess we'd need more PvP scenarios. And guess what - some of it is said to come with that new domination thing.

I really thing this stuff would be awesome to have when there are fights for uncharted vaults, military depots and etc. (and whatver is canon, this stuff does not hurt), and not about who will shovel brahmin shit in Modoc.

And btw: "Moje vyhraje. Jóó!!" priceless xd
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »

It'll cause more problems, what reason to waste time to deploy turret, then load SEC in it, then put there a gun, then load that gun (or put loaded already, but still you'll need to reload it later, if you'll survive...), and then when you'll use it, you'll... just shoot from that gun from one position, so anyone can kill you easily because you'll stand at the same place or some moron can just run from bushes and dismantle your turret, when you can just get that damned gun in your own hands and shoot like now and don't bother with it!
Also you'll need repair alt, who will deploy that useless stationary stuff from where you can shoot your gun and then die.
Ok, noone will dismantle your turret, because noone will tag and increase science skill just to wait till someone deploy turret, still noone need to dismantle it, they will just kill you knowing where you are and knowing that you won't move.
Well from 1st post I understood that you'll need to shoot from it, it won't act like auto-shooting bot, so... what reason? How it's better than simply shooting with your hands? Or you'll be unkillable while using it and they will need to kill turret 1st before you, and it'll have Frank Horrigan's HP?

Youre wrong in absolutely all ways. I answered only to Crazys question so if you dont play Requiem you dont know how it works. An i can tell you that not like you said.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:26:31 pm »

So you want the the engineer from TF2 only he must use the Wrangler to use the turret.

Cool but

Of course I'm confused of course.  The question being how is this better than a regular combat build since you have to manually control it?

I would rather propose being able to link the turret's AI to the Terminal of the gang base.  You would have to do this directly of course (Go straight to the terminal and add the turret's Recognition stuff)

So it would work alot like a merc but it wouldn't be able to move at all unless unpacked by another player, particularly an engineer.

Anyone with 100% science (The ability to understand how to use a turret?) can "use" a tripod but the minimum requirement to create a turret would be 175% repair and 100% science  the more repair as you said would determine the skill, range.  But instead of increasing HP, it could be capped at say, 100 or 150, and the more repair skill you have would determine the armor's strength.  (better ability to assemble and use the resources you have, the better quality)

It would need alot of balancing of course....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

Dunno but for me it looks out of the place the idea is nice but the model doesn't fit in in my eyes. Also its ok that fallout contains robots but there aren't so many if this get in and became a useful feature then we will see them in a lot of places which would make robot like thing quite common which is bad and if it won't be effective enough then why should it be implemented.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »

Well this is kinda what got in my head after reading this suggestion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ri6I7Ns_GU

You can see that they are using remote control in requiem version as well, that's what they mean manual, not the fact you'd have useless placement of your gun.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:09 pm »

You have to control it manualy, no automatic mode is implemented.
I don't know about video, watched only screens, I have problems and it shows me error with video, as I understood from other post, it means you contol it remotely, from other place. Then you better type it, not "manually", because "manually" means with your hands, or by hands (or with any other parts of body). Then yes, this turret will be used by sneakers very good, if only turrets won't die/stun/something else with 1 aimed shot to its vital part like players, because its said they won't be cheap.

if you dont play Requiem you dont know how it works.
This is FOnline: 2238 forum, suggestions tab, it has nothing with Requiem, I don't have to play other FOnline projects just to understand what you wanted to say with suggestion.
It's like:
Let's implement jumping that will work like in FOnline: Mario! If you want to see how it works, download it and play. Thank you.

Edit:
There is a video and another Fonline game to understand this suggestion, you didn't bothered to check them and yet still talking about it and saying it's not well explained. I think there is something wrong.
I don't know about video, watched only screens, I have problems and it shows me error with video
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:31:45 pm by RavenousRat »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »

There is a video and another Fonline game to understand this suggestion, you didn't bothered to check them and yet still talking about it and saying it's not well explained. I think there is something wrong.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.