"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Useless Combat Skills and Classification of Weapons  (Read 4053 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: Useless Combat Skills and Classification of Weapons
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 09:52:50 am »

I dont like this suggestion, lets keep it as it is, and focus on improving and balancing, shall we ?

I think if we really want to focus on balancing we should really at least consider this idea. At first its a bit of a shock but I think its really valid. I have played with all fighting styles and I think this would really improve on character flexibility as well as lower our Alt count as said before.

The only thing I would change in the suggestion at first glance is the flame thrower. If you are Explosives expert then flamer would be your only melee weapon. Everything else would blow up in your face if you get rushed! so perhaps if we did this we would need to implement flamer pistols (FT) because demo builds will probably not be the strongest and might not always want to carry around such a heavy gun/ammo . What makes this work now is that demo's always have throwing tagged so they can use a variety of non-explosive weapons, so come to think of it you would now have an available skill for melee or guns. I think what you would see more of is one character going through slow shifts between fighting style's as there level, economics and general needs change.

as for everyone running around with sniper rifles and mini-guns for some kind of ultimate combo, that wouldn't really happen. people would still need to tailor their chars to a specific style of fighting in terms of perks and SPECIAL, if your gonna snipe you better keep taking those pot shots.

Because just because I'm a pretty decent shot with a rifle doesn't mean I can wield a rocket launcher.

those would be two different classes of weapon in this system, so you are right?

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 04:52:23 pm »

funny when someone says "its based on Fallout 2 not 3", the only thing that it links to original fallout is it's content. so basically its fonline, and fonline is fonline. if you could make Unreal Tournament into MMORPG, where you craft/buy UT weapons and buy cars to move faster on the map, trade with other players, PK, roleplay, kill critters, etc etc. would you call it UT?
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 08:22:52 pm »

I have one thing to say and one thing only...

If you add a "Guns" skill, all those double shooting snipers suddenly carry LSW's in their back pocket, because you don't need brdx2 to screw someone over, and the STR requirements for an LSW don't matter, since with as much skill in SG a sniper usually takes, they will get at least 90% chance to hit even with a -20% i bet, snipers will become big gunners AND snipers at the same time very easily.

-Ulrek-

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »

i remember that in FoT multi there is a default char that is sniper and BGner

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2011, 01:22:42 am »

I have one thing to say and one thing only...

If you add a "Guns" skill, all those double shooting snipers suddenly carry LSW's in their back pocket, because you don't need brdx2 to screw someone over, and the STR requirements for an LSW don't matter, since with as much skill in SG a sniper usually takes, they will get at least 90% chance to hit even with a -20% i bet, snipers will become big gunners AND snipers at the same time very easily.

-Ulrek-

and when you kill them you get two prizes instead of one. They still only have so many action points and can only play one role at a time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 23 queries.