• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mods  (Read 949 times)

Mods
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:41:39 am »

Hi guys, now I don't know if the devs are against this for some reason, or if it hasn't crossed their minds, but I think we need a group of people to enforce certain rules. Note, I am not talking about GM's I am talking about regular players with the ability to kick or temp ban certain players. Currently the GM's do their job well, but perhaps mods could be the GM's subordinates? Mods would mean more eyes in the wasteland and more kicks/bans for idiots who try to ruin the game.

The game is supposed to have a truly fallout atmosphere, but the truth is a good 3/4 people on this game act like they're 12. Grifers are everywhere in this game, if you happen to die there is someone there waiting to constantly kill you with their high unarmed when you spawn while they spam "LOLOLOL" or something. Or people walking around NCR punching others so the guards spray and kill them both. There is grid campers and other such scum that ruin the game and use exploits to get a quick kill. Is this really what fonline is all about? Griefing and exploits?

Would it be possible to get members who have been in the community for a long time and have proven to be reliable and non idiotic to keep this behaviour in check? It ruins the game completely.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:44:29 am »

After the wipe it is technically possible to add more people with lower level "mod powers". I am not the one to decide if such a thing you suggested is actually needed though.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:01:47 am »

If you want to introduce this, it should be clearly said what you can and what you cant.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:30 am »

Maybe having a link to the game rules on the launcher would be ok and make everything clear.

Another option could be instead of making mods. Giving an option to players to send their game logs automatically toward the server. Nice way to get rid of the unwanted 'idiots'.
The log should go toward the sever from the game since we can open the saved logs so it must be sent from the game with an in game command.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:54 am »

At last, separate Military Policeman's function from Game Master's function. How can you make events, spread "lulz" and improve wasteland's life, while working at call-center with all these requesthelps, dual-logged apes, triple-logged miners and others?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »

Probably Wichura is right Gms have to do a lot and its not a really appreciated work by the mass of the players sadly. Dunno maybe a Gm should post his idea about this mod thing too. I sometimes see some Gms at Ncr and they really make the time nice but often attacked with the 'I want a skin give me xy look please' and 'When is wipe I want wipe'. It surely a hard thing to come up with a nice improvised idea if it gets disturbed by stuff like this. And also the Gm work about helping ans maintaining law (no idea how many request happens a day would be nice to get an info about that too)

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 02:46:41 am »

You want to restrict people from specific behaviour, like saying "LOLOL"? Just look at your name under which you are registered, dumbass. ::) If you want to ruin the game, add more restrictions, it's the best way to do it. Also behaviour is subjective. You can't get rid of anyone from the game just because YOU don't like him.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.