Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Voodoo  (Read 5161 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Voodoo
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »

Raising luck through hokus pokus bogus fits perfectly to the nonsense FO2 brought to us and it has been said numerous times that we don't want that.
In F1 there was a guy in Adytum, that could raise your character's LK by one (by two due to a bug) from future precognition with cards.

I agree with "F2 nonsense" however, that part included many dumb things.

And who are "we"?
None of this is ingame or will ever be (Arroyo). The "ghosts" in the ghostfarm were the Slags trolling the people of Modoc.
I lol'd from "trolling Slags" a lot, I mean this word for what they were doing :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »

And who are "we"?

Generally talking of the writers etc.

I lol'd from "trolling Slags" a lot, I mean this word for what they were doing :>

But don't they? ;)
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 05:54:08 pm »

Dear Mr. Alvarez, the game is not only a spreadsheet with value a, b, c or d in it, there are meanings behind numbers aswell. Raising luck through hokus pokus bogus fits perfectly to the nonsense FO2 brought to us and it has been said numerous times that we don't want that. If you'd actually read what people say then you'd know that.

I remember you said that numerous times. I believe "not wastelandish enough" is the term.
Actually, if you read what I said, dear supreme moderator/ambience music artist:

if raising Luck per "magic" is awkward, how should it be raised? With some kind of Karma or another suggestion, you're willing to share with us?

i merely asked WHAT YOU WOULD SUGGEST FOR RAISING LUCK IF YOU DON'T WANT SAID HOKUS POKUS BOGUS IN GAME, but you resorted to bashing on. Apart from that, disliking FO2 is your personal taste as long as you don't share the opinion of the whole forum. Do you treasure the opinions of forum members?
Or do you think that your taste is the only right one?

That's what hipsters do, enforcing their personal taste on others, being pseudointellectual and artsy and all like that. And you aren't one of these, i guess, as Mr.Alvarez noticed for himself, as he reviewed your music on NMA.

And oh yeah, and thanks for not telling around, my dear anonymous friend.

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 06:16:27 pm »

Nice rage. Not sure what I am supposed to keep for myself as it's quite obvious you are using multiple accounts.
Anyway, I am not enforcing anything, I simply stated facts. That's now up to you to accept or not.

I personally don't see a way to raise a merely ambigious stat without using Merlin the Mage stuff, but maybe someone comes up with a good logical explanation here.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 06:18:26 pm »

As someone said, i feel that is easier to boost luck with a drug than making a gun with some wood and some junk, or healing over 50 hit points with my bare hands. Think 'bout that stuff mons.

Plus, magic's real in fallout world. Think for Sulik, and Grampy Bone, or Hakunin, that speaks with the Chosen One in his dreams.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 07:42:51 pm »

I suppose +10% crit chance is too much. Because 2 ranks of perk "more criticals" should not be equal to any drugs. For example one rank of perk "weapon handling" is almost equal to buffout + psyho. I guess for voodoo +1 LK, -3 EN is appropriate.
Jet gives 2 AP, thats equal to 2 action boys, and that perk requires some more lvls than More criticals. Also psycho gives +15% DR, more than any perk. But it can be lowered to +5% if is OP.

Do you see any Shamans, Ghosts or Spirits in FOnline? Try to find 'em, I'll wait for you here meanwhile.
It has often been said that silly stuff from FO2 is best to be avoided.
So shamans and sprits are silly stuff? most your char background  (and a bunch of npcs) in F2 is related to this. How you did to enjoy such a silly game?

Anyway, the drug can only give a bonus to critical chance that is also related with the finesse of the char.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »

So shamans and sprits are silly stuff? most your char background  (and a bunch of npcs) in F2 is related to this. How you did to enjoy such a silly game?

About Pop Culture References and inane stuff. There are tons of these threads buried on the old NMA forum though. FO2 has been rightfully bashed to oblivion because of this, let's not repeat it again and again.

Anyway, the drug can only give a bonus to critical chance that is also related with the finesse of the char.

Sounds much more reasonable. Might give some PE related bonus aswell, some kind of "sharpening" of senses.
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:10 pm »

Jet gives 2 AP, thats equal to 2 action boys, and that perk requires some more lvls than More criticals. Also psycho gives +15% DR, more than any perk

Yep. But as we know jet gives some serious penalties to ST and DR. The main reason why i dislike bonus +% to crit chance from drug is the fact that crit chance could be 95% without any drugs. Having 10 LK and 3 ranks of "more criticals" and trait "finesse" you have totally 70+15+10 = 95% crit chance for aimed shot to eyes.

As to explanation of voodoo effects... Voodoo description from fallout tactics says "Voodoo is a tribal concoction, made from the left-over byproducts of various critters. It imbues the user with greater agility and a sense of invincibility."
I guess that spirits of that dead critters may follow the player and help him in various situations when luck is applied. And the negative side of their influence is decreasing of endurance.
But if someone doesnt like magic it could be something else instead of voodoo. Maybe chewing gum "Lucky Bob" or cookie "St. Maria" :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:23:27 pm by fylhtqrby »
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »

What about Anna in the Den? She was a Ghost.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 08:26:12 pm »

She`s still there!
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:17 pm »

What about Anna in the Den? She was a Ghost.
Eh?  Who is Anna?  it would seem I haven't played fo2 thoroughly enough :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 05:41:27 am »

Eh?  Who is Anna?  it would seem I haven't played fo2 thoroughly enough :P.

she couldn't find her locket, ring a bell?

anyway, I think it is reasonable for Shaman, medicine men to exist in this universe however I think there is a difference between there beliefs and what we would call magic. To bring a hallucinatory peyote button into the game is different than bringing in a magic potion that can somehow change the trajectory of your (now magical) bullet. We already have enough debate about criticals being unbalanced and we don't really need to tip the scale further in towards crippled limbs, and I say this despite favoring a crippler build over many others.

However I think there is a place for some kind of warrior juice, I just think it would be more like a poor mans psycho or buffout. It would perhaps be perceived by a shaman as magical but could also be explained by enclave scientists in chemical terms. maybe it could increase heal rate or give a kamikazesque effect?

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 10:50:41 am »

As i already said, Hakunin was able to communicate with the Chosen One throught his dreams. More magical than this?
Sulik was able to speak with his ancestors, and more specifically with his granmpa, Grampy Bone, and tell the player many useful things (in a very deep and strange way, like Hakunin, but they are always right. Think for the quest "Find out whi is resposible for Richard Wright overdose", we he says "This place is full of poison", obiviously talking 'bout the poisoned Jet canister)
So, you still think that magic is something totally out of Fallout? Maybe you are right. It might be only an mind enhanced by mutation, like a sort of ghost from Starcraft. Only the Mast... GOD knows.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 12:32:47 pm »

As i already said, Hakunin was able to communicate with the Chosen One throught his dreams. More magical than this?
Sulik was able to speak with his ancestors, and more specifically with his granmpa, Grampy Bone, and tell the player many useful things (in a very deep and strange way, like Hakunin, but they are always right. Think for the quest "Find out whi is resposible for Richard Wright overdose", we he says "This place is full of poison", obiviously talking 'bout the poisoned Jet canister)
So, you still think that magic is something totally out of Fallout? Maybe you are right. It might be only an mind enhanced by mutation, like a sort of ghost from Starcraft. Only the Mast... GOD knows.

You do realize that all those tribals were tripping like shit on selfmade drugs and thus "saw" things? Hakunin appaearing in your dreams is just a developers device to say Hurry the fuck up.  ::) And now cut it, we've already established a few times why this won't happen. jonny rust summarized it aswell

I think it is reasonable for Shaman, medicine men to exist in this universe however I think there is a difference between there beliefs and what we would call magic. To bring a hallucinatory peyote button into the game is different than bringing in a magic potion that can somehow change the trajectory of your (now magical) bullet.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

IMO, the luck stat itself doesn't make any sense, so it can be raised with "magical" ways, like it's already a "magical" stats.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 23 queries.