Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Voodoo  (Read 5174 times)

Voodoo
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

Sorry about my bad english.
I suggest to put Voodoo into the game if it is possible. Cause there is no drug in game to gain Luck and no drug decreasing endurance too.

It could give to player: +1 LK, -2 (or 3)EN as example for 30 minutes. And maybe additional +5% DR for normal damage (but i dont think its really neccesary).

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Voodoo
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:21:06 pm »

Raising luck per "magic" is just awkward in my opinion. That's one thing I hated in Hones Hearts. Endurance seems to be ok.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

Hey, you forgot the +20% crit chance which is the true interest of this drug!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:24 pm »

As crazy say it would be better if increase critical chance.
I suggest: +10% critical chance,+2LK, -3EN, -1ST.

Fro the recipe:
2x gecko pelts
2x scorpion tails
4x meat jearky
2x healing powder

Raising luck per "magic" is just awkward in my opinion.
Healing a person or a crippled limb with bare hands seems more magical to me than a drug that increase luck.
And also there are chamans, spirits and ghosts in fallout universe, and this drug seems to fit in that lore.

"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:07 pm »

I suppose +10% crit chance is too much. Because 2 ranks of perk "more criticals" should not be equal to any drugs. For example one rank of perk "weapon handling" is almost equal to buffout + psyho. I guess for voodoo +1 LK, -3 EN is appropriate. Also i dont think it should be craftable but could be obtained by killing cannibals, savages and cave inhabitants (or trading in Den or Klamath).
Thank you for giving your opinion ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:40:35 pm by fylhtqrby »
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:30:09 pm »

I suppose +10% crit chance is too much. Because 2 ranks of perk "more criticals" should not be equal to any drugs. For example one rank of perk "weapon handling" is almost equal to buffout + psyho. I guess for voodoo +1 LK, -3 EN is appropriate. Also i dont think it should be craftable but could be obtained by killing cannibals, savages and cave inhabitants (or trading in Den or Klamath).
Thank you for giving your opinion ;)

They should not only have it in inventory, but also using them after some time in combat.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:18:07 am »

I thought this thread was going to be about a suggestion for controling other players... ah well.

+5 or 10 critical chance would do, as well as minuses to Endurance sounds good. It, of course, would take some balancing if it ever makes it in-game, to see if it is overpowered, underpowered, or fine.

Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 01:26:08 am »

And also there are chamans, spirits and ghosts in fallout universe, and this drug seems to fit in that lore.

Do you see any Shamans, Ghosts or Spirits in FOnline? Try to find 'em, I'll wait for you here meanwhile.
It has often been said that silly stuff from FO2 is best to be avoided. A drug magically raising luck fits very well into that category. Not that I am against new items/stats enhancers or however you want to call it - I like it - but no magic, voodoo, flying spagehettimonster from outerspace kidnapped cthuhlu stuff. The Endurance route earlier mentionend sounds good though, as said.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:41:51 am »

Do you see any Shamans, Ghosts or Spirits in FOnline? Try to find 'em, I'll wait for you here meanwhile.
Arroyo exists in FOnline it just hasn't been founded by players or rest of world.  Thus,

- That women shaman whateverhernameisinthebeginning
- Dunno about ghosts, Modoc's Ghost Farm reference?
- Shaman speaks of Spirits I believe.   (And so does Sulik, you could ask him what the spirits are sayin.)

p.s.  lost Fo2 Disk and it would seem someone deleted files for it so I cannot check these things, maybe youtube...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:37:52 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 04:32:35 am »

I thought this thread was going to be about a suggestion for controling other players... ah well.

And I thought, that it could works for controlling ANY NPC for some time ;D

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 08:26:31 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXKWBcaV3A" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXKWBcaV3A</a>
It could boost LK but it should reduce PE to 1 as on Video.

FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 09:06:37 am »

Raising luck per "magic" is just awkward in my opinion. That's one thing I hated in Hones Hearts. Endurance seems to be ok.

Er... Mr. Surf, if raising Luck per "magic" is awkward, how should it be raised? With some kind of Karma or another suggestion, you're willing to share with us? And don't tell me it shouldn't be raised at all, because Luck-raising-IRL is esotheric nonsense.
Here in game it's a numeric value involved in gameplay, so it should be modified as well as other SPECIAL attributes. Thank you.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 09:53:50 am »

Er... Mr. Surf, if raising Luck per "magic" is awkward, how should it be raised? With some kind of Karma or another suggestion, you're willing to share with us? And don't tell me it shouldn't be raised at all, because Luck-raising-IRL is esotheric nonsense.
Here in game it's a numeric value involved in gameplay, so it should be modified as well as other SPECIAL attributes. Thank you.

Dear Mr. Alvarez, the game is not only a spreadsheet with value a, b, c or d in it, there are meanings behind numbers aswell. Raising luck through hokus pokus bogus fits perfectly to the nonsense FO2 brought to us and it has been said numerous times that we don't want that. If you'd actually read what people say then you'd know that.

- That women shaman whateverhernameisinthebeginning
- Dunno about ghosts, Modoc's Ghost Farm reference?
- Shaman speaks of Spirits I believe.   (And so does Sulik, you could ask him what the spirits are sayin.)

None of this is ingame or will ever be (Arroyo). The "ghosts" in the ghostfarm were the Slags trolling the people of Modoc.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:56:12 am by Surf »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:32 am »

None of this is ingame or will ever be (Arroyo).
  But it still EXISTS!  ;D

The "ghosts" in the ghostfarm were the Slags trolling the people of Modoc.
  I knew that, but that's the thing!  It adds to the superstition among the people in modoc, so more people fanatical about ghosts and stuff might spread causing items like voodoo dolls to appear.

And Sulik IS ingame :P.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

It's not actual 'magic' that raises the luck, it's just the drug.  The story behind the drug is where the so called 'magic' comes from.  It falls into the suspension of disbelief category.  You really think caravans are gonna constantly drag 'dead' bodies miles away to be healed, I mean the wasteland is harsh, that's the drum everyone keeps banging on.  You can make a gun with some junk and a piece of wood?  A few pieces of metal and a spiffy computer part that shouldn't even work after so long gives you a laser pistol? 

Aspects of the fantasy world have to not be picked apart piece by piece otherwise people will find holes in them and the fantasy goes poof.

I mean what is the Luck stat anyway if not a mystical stat.  It gives you better chances to crit??  Wait isn't being able to see better, and knowing how to use your weapon, how you hit those vital spots?  I mean I get that it's another exploitable drug that will make already deadly and powered pks even more so.  But in a world where they have drugs that increase your str, one that makes you move faster than others, or that 'magically' heals your wounds in an instant.  One that gives you a hair more luck doesn't seem all that farfetched.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:20:51 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.