"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:02:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A city where the newcomers are welcome  (Read 8777 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: A city where the newcomers are welcome
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 06:08:15 pm »

Can we vote for the suggestion?

I vote "I want this city"

It's a suggestion, - not a "demand" board.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 06:20:57 pm »

Most suggestions dont get implemented because there is more important stuff to work on, they dont give us lsw in hinkley this wipe :/

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

If they attack the dog, ghoul, or caravan merchants they can still be killed, so it isn't 100%.  :)
I'm sure the idea was to protect starting people from PKers, thieves and harsh encounters for a moment, not from their own stupidity.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 08:30:36 pm »

So,no newcomers city?
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 09:20:49 pm »

The idea is not bad, but just imagine trolls making new alts to go troll new players.

Players starting the game need to stay far away from cities (guarded or not), or for sure they will quit game cause they got there stuff stolen or got suicide bombed/bursted.

Of the 5 people i shown the game all of them quit cause of trolls using there game mechanic knowledge agaisnt them. New players feel they are wasting time and efforts in a game that is too glitchy and abusable.

Only really motivated players will keep playing this game once they left this *noob town*, to discover the truth of the game. So in a sense best let them know at start what they are getting into, saving there time and effort if they feel this game is not for them.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:09 pm »

For one thing this game isn't hard at all it just requires a little bit of effort. If you're suggesting the devs pamper to the idiots that rage quit as soon as their 'uber char' dies from trying to kill centaurs at lvl 1 then the game would be ruined.

I've said countless times before that people aren't getting murdered the moment they step out of NCR. If they do a little research they find out which towns are safe and which aren't. When I go to the Den to become a slaver I just leave my stuff at the tent. If I get PKed it's about 5 mins of inconvenience for me.

There doesn't need to be any new player protection or 100% safe cities, it would just ruin the FOnline experience. People will just have to spend 30mins of their life looking through the forum and on the wiki because that's what I and 90% of people here had to do. If they don't like then they can kindly fuck off.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 12:28:27 am »

Ok,it's good but make a little tutorial in-game. :)

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 12:33:12 am »

Ok,it's good but make a little tutorial in-game. :)
There are some Threads about to getting Started, one by our Lovely AHS-9.
Oh, and, I wanted to make a Tutorial Video but cannot since to less possibilities + heavy Lag's... It just failed badly.
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 12:35:37 am »

This place doesn't need to be the place where all players start, but a quest related place, (not accessible from the beginning), where the door is only open for lvl 2 to 6 players. These players would be definitively fired out, is causing any trouble. (thief (100% of being caught), bomber, shooting, etc...)

So you can easily avoid it. (no need to go there if you're not a noob)
It can't be abused by lvl 1 alt. (you need to pass lvl2, do a quest, go to that place. At least 1 hour to do so)
The only abuse would be words. (less harmfull of damage)

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 12:47:36 am »

There are some Threads about to getting Started, one by our Lovely AHS-9.
Oh, and, I wanted to make a Tutorial Video but cannot since to less possibilities + heavy Lag's... It just failed badly.
Yes,but sometimes the new players don't know the esistence of these threads
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 12:55:32 am »

For one thing this game isn't hard at all it just requires a little bit of effort. If you're suggesting the devs pamper to the idiots that rage quit as soon as their 'uber char' dies from trying to kill centaurs at lvl 1 then the game would be ruined.

I've said countless times before that people aren't getting murdered the moment they step out of NCR. If they do a little research they find out which towns are safe and which aren't. When I go to the Den to become a slaver I just leave my stuff at the tent. If I get PKed it's about 5 mins of inconvenience for me.

There doesn't need to be any new player protection or 100% safe cities, it would just ruin the FOnline experience. People will just have to spend 30mins of their life looking through the forum and on the wiki because that's what I and 90% of people here had to do. If they don't like then they can kindly fuck off.

This game is hard for the beginners. Well if they attack on 1st level centaurs that means they didn't play Fallout 1 or 2, such people are very likely to quit. They don't know what's going on, they get killed by any other humanoid, in "protected" cities they get robed and killed. Well there are some people who may like it, but there are a lot of others that will just quit before they explore and start to like the world of Fonline.
At the moment trolling in protected cities serve mostly bored players that have a lot of alts on high levels and it's the one of last amusments for them in game. It keeps them still playing but it is also a pain for new guys, that just started. I hope that with time there gonna be more ways to spend time enjoyably at 21st level, and trolling will be stoped for the sake of getting more people.

Also it happens too often that players just after leaving NCR get into trap and die. I met many people that were on 21st lvl and they were hunting low level blusuits, because they were just easy kill and 100% success that could boost their ego. It seems wrong to me as it is just trolling newcomers and making them quit.

People say the game is easy, because "one can get 21st level in one day", or "if i die it's only a few minute of loss". It's wrong thinking when you consider new players. It's gonna take them 2-3 weeks to level up their char to 21st level, also every death gonna be painful, because they loose everything they have, and for them it could be a few hours of playing. It just not right that a player with "knowledge" can get to 21st level in one day while the new player has to play 15 times longer. The difference should be kept, but not bigger than 3 times. Also in my opinion first levels should be easier to get while last levels should require much more time than now.

In the end i hope there will be some protection for new players added and safer cities also, as it will help to keep new players coming to the game. More players means more fun, because this game is heavily based on PvsP and players interaction aspect.
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 01:01:57 am »

This game is hard for the beginners. Well if they attack on 1st level centaurs that means they didn't play Fallout 1 or 2, such people are very likely to quit. They don't know what's going on, they get killed by any other humanoid, in "protected" cities they get robed and killed. Well there are some people who may like it, but there are a lot of others that will just quit before they explore and start to like the world of Fonline.
At the moment trolling in protected cities serve mostly bored players that have a lot of alts on high levels and it's the one of last amusments for them in game. It keeps them still playing but it is also a pain for new guys, that just started. I hope that with time there gonna be more ways to spend time enjoyably at 21st level, and trolling will be stoped for the sake of getting more people.

Also it happens too often that players just after leaving NCR get into trap and die. I met many people that were on 21st lvl and they were hunting low level blusuits, because they were just easy kill and 100% success that could boost their ego. It seems wrong to me as it is just trolling newcomers and making them quit.

People say the game is easy, because "one can get 21st level in one day", or "if i die it's only a few minute of loss". It's wrong thinking when you consider new players. It's gonna take them 2-3 weeks to level up their char to 21st level, also every death gonna be painful, because they loose everything they have, and for them it could be a few hours of playing. It just not right that a player with "knowledge" can get to 21st level in one day while the new player has to play 15 times longer. The difference should be kept, but not bigger than 3 times. Also in my opinion first levels should be easier to get while last levels should require much more time than now.

In the end i hope there will be some protection for new players added and safer cities also, as it will help to keep new players coming to the game. More players means more fun, because this game is heavily based on PvsP and players interaction aspect.
This  :D

Newplayers NEED this.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:34 am »

Well if they attack on 1st level centaurs that means they didn't play Fallout 1 or 2
Well you might attack 'Robbers'/'Highwaymen' and that sort of scum if you have played Fallout 2 and then you'll find out you can't just do a shit, because critters are far more difficult in this game.
Also let's hope crafting won't be as horrible with buffed travel speed. (And I hopefuly also resources better obtainable, and more even - just look at V15 compared to theme park - that's a BS)
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 03:30:15 am »

Is Eve online FLD?  When someone does blow you away in an area do they get all your stuff?  Does it set you back possibly hours of work?  (And if I'm not mistaken Eve Online is also dealing with a loss of population.)
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:16 am »

Yes, they *can* get all the stuff you had in your ship.

Besides, such a "newcomer town" could be griefed as well. Just make a powerful melee build or something like that and start abusing guard ai with a friend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 23 queries.