"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:02:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: A city where the newcomers are welcome  (Read 8752 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: A city where the newcomers are welcome
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »

Besides, such a "newcomer town" could be griefed as well. Just make a powerful melee build or something like that and start abusing guard ai with a friend.

what for guards? if the city is supposed to be hidden for lvls 5+ why do u need guards?
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 05:31:19 pm »

If you don't add guards, players will grief other players in any case. Yes, you can grief other players with a lvl <5 character as well.
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 05:37:24 pm »

In this city there will be guards and players cant kill other players

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 11:42:53 pm »

If you don't add guards, players will grief other players in any case. Yes, you can grief other players with a lvl <5 character as well.
Turn off pvp for this map?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:55 am »

I think switching off pvp in city would be the best. Otherwise someone could make lvl 1 leader char and bring his gang.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 01:54:04 am »

It has already been said various times throughout the forum that no-pvp places to guarantee 100% safety aren't planned.
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:04 am »

They aren't 'planned' but this is a test after all, and so far it hasn't been going well each time it's been wiped.  The basic problem will still be there no matter what 'content' is added, so long as the system remains so flawed and easily exploitable. 

I'm not a big fan of just one area for starters though, cause it takes a little away from the character story, but forcing people to have to come from the same 'origin' may be what needs to happen.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 02:20:04 am »

As said before, it doesn't need to be a place when you first log.
It could be a place where you get after a quest, that force you to travel on worldmap.
(you also may have to pass the 1st level before entering)

The point is a place for noob, not a place for first logger.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:37 am »

Ah good call!  I missed that.  Not a bad idea.  Maybe since almost every time you start a new character there is a person there to talk to, they might direct you to that place.  Maybe have a north one and a south one.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 09:26:35 am »

Ah good call!  I missed that.  Not a bad idea.  Maybe since almost every time you start a new character there is a person there to talk to, they might direct you to that place.  Maybe have a north one and a south one.

But what for? "Newbies" don't learn anything in this spot, dying, attacking/defending, gathering is part of the game, not being invulnerable and stand there and chat "lol" "xD" etc all day long (and this will happen if there is such a town) doesnt add anything to the game. It's useless. The earlier the new players learn how to survive, the better. Not with some inane "I am invulnerable here" town.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:08 am »

But what for? "Newbies" don't learn anything in this spot, dying, attacking/defending, gathering is part of the game, not being invulnerable and stand there and chat "lol" "xD" etc all day long (and this will happen if there is such a town) doesnt add anything to the game. It's useless. The earlier the new players learn how to survive, the better. Not with some inane "I am invulnerable here" town.

i agree no need for a newb town, if they cant deal with the game as is without some town where they are godly, like we did we dont want them. learning to surive in this game is what it is about on you owe not from some little town.
Roaming the waste again.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 09:42:00 am »

It's not that I don't appreciate a bit more accessibility, but as said, such a town would be useless as new players wouldn't learn anything there. They have to learn it in the "reality".
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »

but wasnt it said that when you level up (3lvl max) you get kicked out of town and not able to find it anymore? whats the point to play with 2 lvl char all the time and type "lulz" in that newb town? there is no point, so i bet newbies would want more, and theyd do things to level up, after what theyd encounter the real harsh wasteland, but atleast they will know the basics?

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 01:43:27 pm »

Making no pvp zones or 100% safe places is only cheating on players. You are giving them false feel of safety and when they leave they are surprised by PK rape. The way it is now it filters out the playerbase from those who can't adapt. Just like in eve online - even though there is newbie help channel, those who are too dumb to use it, leave the game after 10 minutes.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 03:20:50 pm »

there should be huge warning message about PKs  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.