"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 12:54:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: NPC's drop armour  (Read 6310 times)

Re: NPC's drop armour
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:33 pm »

this script (npc = no loot armor) is come from Fallout 2 : the devs do that to equilibrate the game, who drop too many armor (too much easy, too much money) in Fallout 1
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 02:05:05 am »

What the devs did in f2 to balance the game has no impact on fonline, its not the same game system.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 02:43:18 am »

FOnline is not Fallout 2.

Fallout 2 has one guy who would possibly need those armors (not counting followers); you.

FOnline: 2238 has hundreds of bluesuits running around, wouldn't it be much nicer to see them at least wearing a damaged Leather Jacket/Armor?
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 08:38:45 am »

I actually really like this idea. None of the problems that come with 'HELP I AM STUCK AS DOCTOR HOW DO I USE WEAPONS' as they can just take the armour off.

Yes I Think it Would Work.. And It Wouldent Be Too Hard to Code... ( as Far as I Know :D ) But If It Was Scripted. Skin Changes Will be Solved FOREVERR
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 01:24:24 pm »

FOnline is not Fallout 2.

Fallout 2 has one guy who would possibly need those armors (not counting followers); you.

FOnline: 2238 has hundreds of bluesuits running around, wouldn't it be much nicer to see them at least wearing a damaged Leather Jacket/Armor?

This. It's ridiculous that damn near half our players are running around without the most basic shitty armour.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure thats mostly because they choose not to wear it, rather than it being beyond their means to afford it.

In any event, allowing more wealth to enter from killing encounters would cause a great deal more problems than it solves.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »

Leather armour is more of a pain in the ass to craft than metal. Fibres are a bitch to get and golden gecko pelts are rare enough to make it pointlessly hard to make. Plus even if you have all the mats its like a 2 hour cooldown after you make the standard version and then another hour after you upgrade the damn thing. 3 hours for something you'll probably lose to a random crit knocking you out or spawning between a minigun and a rat. People want to use guns and armour, not make them.

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 05:53:04 pm »

Aye. Even crafting leather jacket is a pain if you just can't find the resources. Fiber is probably most annoying to find AND you need to find geckos AND brahmin before you find something that kills you.

You see so many blue suits because it's hard and annoying to get any better armour and so easy to lose one. Period.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 06:32:29 pm »

People want to use guns and armour, not make them.

Well, plenty of people want to make them too, but I accept the point of the lower armours being harder to make than Metal. Perhaps we could make some of the lower tech traders supply some of these types of materials to make it a bit easier.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 06:57:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure thats mostly because they choose not to wear it, rather than it being beyond their means to afford it.

In any event, allowing more wealth to enter from killing encounters would cause a great deal more problems than it solves.

agree with this, i always  do not wear armor because "what if someone bombs" you dont need armor to chat or trade in ncr, so why somone would want to see everyone in armor there?
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:57 pm »

Well, plenty of people want to make them too, but I accept the point of the lower armours being harder to make than Metal. Perhaps we could make some of the lower tech traders supply some of these types of materials to make it a bit easier.

Anyone who enjoys crafting in this game probably also enjoys watching paint dry.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 05:21:37 pm »

Anyone who enjoys crafting in this game probably also enjoys watching paint dry.
It really depends you know. I enjoy my crafting character because I don't want to make money with it and I'm not crafting all day. But anytime I can do some new items and use them afterwards it's the best thing ever. But being a guild crafter or alt crafter must be boring as hell.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »

Why so selfish?
Using your pattern I could say that anyone who enjoys PvP is mindless yeti. If I don't like some feature or way of gameplay, it doesn't mean that it needs to be deleted, or that people using it are screwed somehow. I don't enjoy standing near rocks like a dick during wedding, but I like making guns and ammo from those rocks - is there something wrong with me then?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

Why so selfish?
Using your pattern I could say that anyone who enjoys PvP is mindless yeti. If I don't like some feature or way of gameplay, it doesn't mean that it needs to be deleted, or that people using it are screwed somehow. I don't enjoy standing near rocks like a dick during wedding, but I like making guns and ammo from those rocks - is there something wrong with me then?

This wouldn't stop anyone from crafting, most people can't craft armour and they can't rely on the 2% of the population that can. You can't have an armour crafter char that isn't shit at combat and if you don't have the time and resources to alt then the only source is vendors and you need high barter to effectively interact with them, another thing that rules out a combat char.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 04:07:15 am »

This wouldn't stop anyone from crafting, most people can't craft armour and they can't rely on the 2% of the population that can. You can't have an armour crafter char that isn't shit at combat and if you don't have the time and resources to alt then the only source is vendors and you need high barter to effectively interact with them, another thing that rules out a combat char.
Some time ago I thought, that my char has to be self-sufficient and use only items that he can make on his own. But in this game, focused on interaction between players, it leads to nowhere.
My one and only char is 2 lvl Gunsmith Small Guns and 1 lvl Armorer, so I can craft almost every type of ammo for SG, and trade or exchange it with my friend, who's char is for example 3 lvl Armorer. Another one has a char with 3 lvl Gunsmith SG, another has a (except some combat skills) good barter skill, so he helps me selling my stuff for caps, and so it goes.
About time consuming - when I've made 200 pieces of .223 FMJ, cooldown is around 70 minutes, if I remember correctly. So I can go hunt something or dig some rocks. After digging 15 pieces of minerals and 5 pieces of ore (this amount I can carry on my own), I can make some gunpowder and metal parts, and make another 100 pieces of .223 FMJ, and there are still some resources left. This takes around 20~30 minutes of real time, and gives ~1500 xp (almost without risk to being killed in encounter). What am I doing during waiting for gathering cooldowns? Well, many things, that I have to do in real life - clicking "use on" every 6 minutes isn't that disturbing. Not so long ago it was 12 minutes - remember?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:36:18 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.