"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 12:47:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: NPC's drop armour  (Read 6309 times)

Re: NPC's drop armour
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 04:04:29 pm »

People would just loot the armors and upgrade them. Nobody would ever craft MA, LA or LJ.

Firstly, there could be a check, so to upgrade an item it has to have high enough condition.
Secondly, by "small chance" I meant small enough, so if you would want to get an armor, you would be better off just crafting it, instead of looking for it in encounters.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 04:13:41 pm »

There is, buying them. It just needs the trader system to work properly.
No, really. That's not even an option.

No traders sell Armors, player traders sell them way overpriced and anyone who puts enough points into barter skill to make it work properly and does not want an alt will not survive. Common sense.

Stupid bartering encourages Alting.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:52 pm »

well if you're good at haggling you can get a metal armor for about 2500 caps, butthen again it's your own internal luck.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:18 pm »

What do you mean by "overpriced"?

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

but then again it's your own internal luck.
I guess you got me on that one, I hardly ever see people selling armors, and when they are it's at pretty dumb prices.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 05:01:32 pm »

I like this idea. The number of people running around with no armour is still ridiculous.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »

How about making them non-upgradeable and a different colour when worn for example shitbrown leather jackets, yellow leather armour, rusty metal armour, dusty combat armor. i think thats all of them
as i said earlier, maybe make a new item range, non repairable, non- upgradeable generic armour that is weaker than the crafted ones in terms of dr and ac

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 05:14:06 pm »

as i said earlier, maybe make a new item range, non repairable, non- upgradeable generic armour that is weaker than the crafted ones in terms of dr and ac

I think that's overkill. Leather jackets aren't exactly combat armour. Just make them cost $40 or so, and available in pretty much every general store. It shouldn't be that much effort to get the most basic protection in the game.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

No, really. That's not even an option.

No traders sell Armors, player traders sell them way overpriced and anyone who puts enough points into barter skill to make it work properly and does not want an alt will not survive. Common sense.

Stupid bartering encourages Alting.

Hense the need for more work on it.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 06:24:55 pm »

Well the barter system is crap, the cooldowns on crafting means selling armour is not really an option. Is anyone really going to spend an hour crafting metal mk 2 to sell it for a few thousand caps that have no use? Crafters can't produce enough to cover their own needs let alone anyone else's. As for this only helping high level players that isn't true, most humans have low health and are easy to kill when not in big groups. This would give a reason to actively look for human encounters since they usually cost more than you gain. Risking death for 20 xp and some shitty broken guns isn't really appealing. As for there being too many items in game, these armours will get used and lost to encounters so it should balance itself out since everyone uses armour. The reason there is tons of crap in game is because it is all crap. No one will ever want a mauser past lvl 3 so they build up places, same with the shotguns. All the low level weapons dropped are pretty much useless because anyone with high enough skill to repair can make better shit themselves.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 08:10:18 pm »

too true

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 10:30:14 am »

Well I Have a REALLY BIG Idea.. That Kinda Fits in With This.. I was Thinking NPC's Drop a Clothes.. The Image Looks like Leather Jacket.. But it Is Actually The Skin of the NPC.. So Basically The Name Tells You What it is.. For Example.. "Yellow Shirt" Then The Description Would Say What Weapons it Can Use :D

Thoughts??
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 10:57:19 pm »

seconded
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 12:35:11 am »

yes there are many low lvl people who dont have armors as they lost them in next 5 mins so  drop rate % its good idea for armors. "Better armor lower procent of chance" I agree and u can find armor that is not totaly destroyed and have let say 70-80% ? As for not udetable versions hmm kinda good idea " bloodstraided lether jacket"?  hehehe sweet
Well who you think im after now, bitch? Run, mother  f*cka, run...
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 04:09:13 pm »

Well I Have a REALLY BIG Idea.. That Kinda Fits in With This.. I was Thinking NPC's Drop a Clothes.. The Image Looks like Leather Jacket.. But it Is Actually The Skin of the NPC.. So Basically The Name Tells You What it is.. For Example.. "Yellow Shirt" Then The Description Would Say What Weapons it Can Use :D

Thoughts??

I actually really like this idea. None of the problems that come with 'HELP I AM STUCK AS DOCTOR HOW DO I USE WEAPONS' as they can just take the armour off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.