"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:21:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: NPC's drop armour  (Read 6933 times)

NPC's drop armour
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:40:43 am »

It doesn't really make sense why they only drop guns, plus it would give access to people who aren't crafters.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
Re: NPC's drop armour
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:47:58 am »

Sure, as long as they are highly deteriorated or broken.

Afterall, they died and as such should have plenty of bullet holes or whatever.

Also, they should be heavily stained with blood and we should introduce Harolds Magnificent Soap to get rid of the blood and stink.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:45:34 am »

yes, and it should magically repair all leather armors, only drawback that you will have while wearing it is hair loss  :D.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:54:55 am »

nah that wont work, you can cheaply buy npc with a hammer and kill it, and take his metal armor then, all would do this if they would drop armor :>

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:57:20 am »

maybe only hostile npcs in encounters would drop stuff according to their difficulty to kill, not their appearance (i'm talking about marauders, they are weak as hell for dropping metal armour)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 11:42:56 am »

Imo mercenaries are the strongest foes (encountered around San Fran) - they use plasma grenades and deadly stuff like that.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 11:53:07 am »

Yep NPCs should drop armor but these armors should be deteriorated. Not brand new.
Crazy Moe

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »

Yep NPCs should drop armor but these armors should be deteriorated. Not brand new.
I agree with this. My big guns crafter can't craft armor, only Leather Jacket. So there should be some other way to get Armors.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 02:34:44 pm »

Well armors come in sizes. Especially the most sofisticated ones like CA and BA, but generally all armors is like clothes. They fit the user, but not anyone.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 02:41:58 pm »

I agree with this. My big guns crafter can't craft armor, only Leather Jacket. So there should be some other way to get Armors.

There is, buying them. It just needs the trader system to work properly.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »

well it will still make stonger characters even more stronger, against the weaker ones because of their ability to kill patrols or combat armored caravans, to conclude with idea sucks.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 02:58:23 pm »

I heard somewhere there is already too many items fountained in the system via encounters. Maybe the dead should loose 50%-75% of their items at random on the time of death? With an exception for skins on geckos and brahmins.
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 03:42:43 pm »

The only way I see it acceptable is that there could be a small chance to drop a damaged armor. The better the armor the lesser the chance. And no combat armors.
Same thing could apply to weapons.♠

avv

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 03:49:43 pm »

People would just loot the armors and upgrade them. Nobody would ever craft MA, LA or LJ.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 03:54:58 pm »

How about making them non-upgradeable and a different colour when worn for example shitbrown leather jackets, yellow leather armour, rusty metal armour, dusty combat armor. i think thats all of them

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.