"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:36:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do you think of this build?  (Read 2788 times)

What do you think of this build?
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:34:18 am »

is the famous "critical burster build", but really dont know if this works, what do you think?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/Fede_Unimev/Burstercritical.jpg

cya

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer
Re: What do you think of this build?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

Interesting it looks like this char would end up as a doctor too. Personally I would put 1 point to ST from EN less hp but no downside to bg skill with LSW. Or I wouldn't make it to a doc and I would make Fa too 100 doc to 50-60. And pump all my points to BG and maybe add some to outdorsman too max to 40 so its not that slow when you need to walk alone but I'm sure you would use a car instead of walking. Personally I like if someone follows my chars so I always make it that he can have 1 follower its not important but I find it better that way. 9 action point is ok btw but I think having 7 for a one burster is more then enough in rt for tb 8 and if you want to burst twice make it that you have 10 AP in rt (one point from EN to AG or one from ST if you pump BG skill more). Its my idea only and I'm not playing for such a long time....

Jay

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:00:00 pm »

"Personally I would put 1 point to ST from EN"

And make EN uneven number...?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 02:16:58 pm »

Interesting it looks like this char would end up as a doctor too. Personally I would put 1 point to ST from EN less hp but no downside to bg skill with LSW. Or I wouldn't make it to a doc and I would make Fa too 100 doc to 50-60. And pump all my points to BG and maybe add some to outdorsman too max to 40 so its not that slow when you need to walk alone but I'm sure you would use a car instead of walking. Personally I like if someone follows my chars so I always make it that he can have 1 follower its not important but I find it better that way. 9 action point is ok btw but I think having 7 for a one burster is more then enough in rt for tb 8 and if you want to burst twice make it that you have 10 AP in rt (one point from EN to AG or one from ST if you pump BG skill more). Its my idea only and I'm not playing for such a long time....
Almost every powerbuild ends up as a doctor. It's very important for your character to be able to heal itself during a fight, especially to heal its crippled arm so it can hold the weapon and make some other use in PvP than just being a meatshield.
The downside of ST is not noticeable, the build is calculated well in that matter. Taking 1 point from EN is just stupid, like Jay said.
Lol about lowering FA or Doc, pumping points to BG because it doesn't make difference - you just loose your points, adding points to outdoorsman - who needs that for a powerbuild, no comment about followers...
You won't burst twice with 10AP. 9AP is enough, you don't have to wait too long to load up the second burst.

Personally I had some calculations and it looks it's better to take BRD than More Criticals or Better Criticals, but that's theory, I never had a critical burster. Looks weird to have a burster without BRD though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:18:38 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

Personally I don't believe in critical based bursters of any kind. LSW does devastating damage even without any bonuses. The thing which counts is resistance, so take 2 x toughness and 2x action boy to have two bursts in one row. And don't forget with strenght penalty (-20%) you need 220-230% bg skill or you can take psycho, then 210% skill should be fine.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

non-drug:  http://www.imagebam.com/image/916612134206842

Drug:  http://www.imagebam.com/image/dd36ef134207395

They are both based on using the LSW. (seeing as you have a 6 STR I figure it's lsw)  I know I put BRD with lsw but it helps the Critical damage ALOT.  You get a crit with these Bitches the dude is dead, no questions asked.

First one is more of a 1-hit killer based.  Second is more reliable, with Bonus rate of Fire (with jet = Double burst).  I didn't put in Better Critical because as I've heard it doesn't do much for bursts at all.

Both builds you gotta be dedicated to to finish. :P

These may or may not be what you're after but I think they'd do very well compared to similar builds.

I think your build is "ok", but I feel these are better.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

awareness? wtf? is a pvp build
otherwise, I think the same as you, you better have brd, but I have
heard rumors that increasing critical chance is much better

I would like a answer from a gm

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »

awareness? wtf? is a pvp build
otherwise, I think the same as you, you better have brd, but I have
heard rumors that increasing critical chance is much better

I would like a answer from a gm
 I take awareness with EVERY Build.  You would be surprised how much it helps in a fight....  It's more of a tactical choice.

P.s.  Why must it be a GM that answers you?  most likely players who play for a long time doing pvp have best knowledge about builds.  I'm only goin 1-year so.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:53:51 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:12:14 pm »

I am looking forward to meet your awareness jet build against mine double toughness double brd psycho build ;)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 11:31:33 pm »

I am looking forward to meet your awareness jet build against mine double toughness double brd psycho build ;)
Lol tanks are it's nemesis obviously, we are talking about crit builds herp durp.  besides I have no doubt it'd kick it's ass, rocketlauncher max range + Crits vs low PE tank = win

But don't forget that awareness would be of tactical advantage and fightiing isn't just sitting there duking it out in one position.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 12:19:34 am »

of course, rocket launcher + crits = very good combination, crit based lsw bursters are maybe good for attacking at max. range...

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 04:28:56 am »

I take awareness with EVERY Build.

I even take awareness with my cattleprod melee build. It's just very good perk. :}
power
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 10:49:19 am »

non-drug:  http://www.imagebam.com/image/916612134206842
It has 4 strenght and weapon handling, so 7ST for holding weapons, it's for miniguns! :<
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »

What do I think of this build ? :) http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa112/Fede_Unimev/Burstercritical.jpg

It is bad , won't compete with other BG powerbuilds.

Why? 16 or 21% crit is low(crit is not meant for big gunners) , no matter what BG crit build you are gonna make it will still be unreliable because , no stonewall ,less health and each time you shoot it's like flipping a coin with 5 sides , maybe you will get lucky. Oh yeah no weapon handling means you can't use jet , you can use only cigs and nuka , 10 AP with BROF ;D

http://www.imagebam.com/image/dd36ef134207395

This is not a crit based build , just replace MC for lifegiver and it will be a fine build , but not as good as mine :) you dun't have stonewall.

Gazzz

• Fear the Fire
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 02:24:05 pm »

it's a good build for bg burster, but anyway ctritical chances are to low. only 1/5 of your bursts will be critical. SO calculate- you will deal deavastating attacks only every 5 attack. Bigguns have enough damage without critical hits just with brd. i know the one thing exactly - 4/5 of times u'll be owned by any other bigguner. So make a right decision
Lux aeterna
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.