"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 02:15:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Donation information  (Read 75482 times)

delphius

• Fatum Iustum Stultorum
    • delphius @ deviantart
Re: Donation information
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »

I just donated my first $10 American as soon as I activated my debit card. Yay for me. I also donated $50 to the Wasteland 2 project. Yes, a sticker would be a nice gesture of gratitude.
"Once more into the breach, dear friend."
--Blood (A Boy and his Dog, 1974)
...actually, Delphius, that quote is from a Shakespeare play. From Shakespeare to A Boy and His Dog to Fallout.
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2012, 04:44:53 pm »

It's not Kickstarter, you won't get any gratitude personally. A "thanks" from Scypior generally directed at the whole community, yes.

I was going to say something else, but meh.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2012, 06:01:34 am »

:( what a waste of money
you could buy yourself a pizza, and enjoy much much more than playing this shit made by potatoes
If you dont like it than get off this forum.
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2012, 11:15:21 am »

I'm not going to ask you what i should do.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2012, 11:38:46 am »

i remember myself, once complaining about a update in news and announcements section.. said something like "this game dont deserve the master.dat and critter.dat".. very embarrassing moment for me..
and that here is your moment franklincan , enjoy it

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:16 pm »

i remember myself, once complaining about a update in news and announcements section.. said something like "this game dont deserve the master.dat and critter.dat".. very embarrassing moment for me..
and that here is your moment franklincan , enjoy it
Well if you see his other posts there all about complaining of how stupid the game is etc.
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2012, 07:12:46 am »

I concur.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVKsGjs71PQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVKsGjs71PQ</a>

delphius

• Fatum Iustum Stultorum
    • delphius @ deviantart
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2012, 06:23:48 pm »

It's not Kickstarter, you won't get any gratitude personally. A "thanks" from Scypior generally directed at the whole community, yes.

I was going to say something else, but meh.

It was a joke, dude. I say i should get a sticker for everything. That or potatoes, reefers, or roasted coffee beans.
"Once more into the breach, dear friend."
--Blood (A Boy and his Dog, 1974)
...actually, Delphius, that quote is from a Shakespeare play. From Shakespeare to A Boy and His Dog to Fallout.

café saké

• on the road
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

Hello,

Can we have some informations about the server's costs? How many the mounth?
Is it conceivable than Fonline buy a second server joined to the first for prevent crash and fight lags? If yes, how many cost that?
Holy Rotgut bless you.
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »

I would like to donate (probably even a larger sum) to ensure the playability of this piece of jewel what I was waiting for a looong looong time. I just wish to ask you if the currently mentioned methods are valid (developer blog), and - not wanting to be greedy or anything like that - ask if I receive any other "gift" for supporting other then playing this great mod?

Hope to receive valid info about donating.

« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2013, 05:24:05 pm »

I would like to donate (probably even a larger sum) to ensure the playability of this piece of jewel what I was waiting for a looong looong time. I just wish to ask you if the currently mentioned methods are valid (developer blog), and - not wanting to be greedy or anything like that - ask if I receive any other "gift" for supporting other then playing this great mod?

Nope, you won't get anything except "thanks" and slightly amused developers. If you have a obsession to get anything in the game and donate a shitload of money to get it, you will get trolled: you will get it in game and out of your reach.

I suggest to leave this community if you just arrived. Don't complain when it's too late - i warned you.
Inb4 some dev answering to this: i'm not reading.

JovankaB

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2013, 05:46:04 pm »

You can also do it through donate.fonline2238.net although doing it through blog should be the same thing.
I'm sorry but we don't give anything except a lot of thank you, for legal reasons. Donations make it possible
to keep the public server (game server and the forum + wiki) running, and that's all.

If you have a obsession to get anything in the game and donate a shitload of money to get it, you will get trolled: you will get it in game and out of your reach.

Yeah, I totally spent 20 hours making whole new special encounter - including concept sketch, 3 maps and
some scripts to troll you. Your donation made the server run for a while, I'm sorry if you expected more, but
that's not our fault.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:37:26 pm by JovankaB »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »

Speaking of legal reasons, I'm sure it is legal for you to give players some sort of in-game thing as a thank you. You devs just choose not to. I think its a good idea though because think of how much more donations you would get.
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2013, 07:18:13 pm »

Yeah, I totally spent 20 hours making whole new special encounter - including concept sketch, 3 maps and
some scripts to troll you. Your donation made the server run for a while, I'm sorry if you expected more, but
that's not our fault.

Special encounters? Okay, but don't expect much recognition of work what isn't considered as a priority for the player. By priority I mean work that improve game play the most for the common player out there, if you are just having fun by working on only what you like, don't feel offended that the effort you dish out isn't going to be widely accepted or even acknowledged.

Players don't expect more from you, they expect something specific instead of what you are doing, some more pressing matters to be solved not new features, but, for example, fixing and getting existing content, mechanics and features to work and be in game available for the player at all.

I always thought, what's the point to introduce new features, new content, new stuff at all if the previous material isn't working, is broken or unfinished.

If that wouldn't be the case, we would never have players tying donations to the quality of development, because there wouldn't be any issues to start with.

Special encounters ... uh ... yay? That's just the thing we needed?

JovankaB

« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »

Speaking of legal reasons, I'm sure it is legal for you to give players some sort of in-game thing as a thank you.
If specific products or services are given in exchange for money, then it's a business activity which should be registered, along with bookkeeping, paying taxes, declarations etc. At least in a certain silly country in the middle of Europe. That's why it can be only donations. The definition of donation is when you give money someone and don't expect anything in return. So even keeping the server online is not a guaranteed service - but the money you donate will certainly help.

If I will need someone to tell me how to spend my free time, I will let you know.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:01:14 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.