"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 06:41:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: What makes a PvPer Different from a PKer?  (Read 13140 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: What makes a PvPer Different from a PKer?
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 06:02:44 am »

A PKer is a player fighting with opponents that sometimes do not wish at all to be involved in fighting.

In that case, if a(-ny kind of) faction is trying to take control of a Town during the not so crowded hours, usually referred to as "night time" by Europeans, because they don't want to take chances in a fight, but members of an "APK" faction just happen to be online and try to ruin their operation, would you say the attackers are PKing?

(I am asking without any intention to troll, flame, etc. - It's just that your vision is interesting even if I don't really share it, as I think it has to do with players' behaviour in specific contexts)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:46:44 am by Eternauta »

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 06:44:43 am »

Players in game: Kill, just for different reasons. They all suck equally.

Except Kyoo.  8)

True
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:23 am »

In that case, if a(-ny kind of) faction is trying to take control of a Town during the not so crowded hours, usually referred to as "night time" by Europeans, because they don't want to take chances in a fight, but members of an "APK" faction just happen to be online and try to ruin their operation, would you say the attackers are PKing?

(I am asking without any intention to troll, flame, etc. - It's just that your vision is interesting even if I don't really share it, as I think it has to do with players' behaviour in specific contexts)

Let's put it this way, town control is designed for PVP, so if you're there, and you don't want/expect to deal with being shot at, you're just not smart.  A town control fight is the ONLY true pvp in this game, where there is an expectation of a fight, the chance for a challenge, and even a reward for it.  Anywhere else it's just kids playing with an ant hill and a magnifying glass.

In truth the difference between a pvp'r and pk'r is just simply semantics.  PvP is the Action, where PK is the person 'behind' the action.  And yes in the Fallout Universe, it really is a PvP sorta place, but no matter how you make it, the games that work have some rules.  Whether forced by programing, smart people realizing that killing everywhere anytime doesn't work, or just dumb luck.

(Look at it this way, do you REALLY think you would have played Fallout 1, 2, Tactics -maybe 3- If all you had to look forward to was getting killed before the first quest even starts, and having to reload?) Really?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:53 am »

What's the difference between "player versus player" and "player killer"!? Semantics?
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 10:25:54 am »

In that case, if a(-ny kind of) faction is trying to take control of a Town during the not so crowded hours, usually referred to as "night time" by Europeans, because they don't want to take chances in a fight, but members of an "APK" faction just happen to be online and try to ruin their operation
An "APK faction" as you call it looks like some faction whose purpose is to fight other players, right? Also if they're in a town with guns and/or the will to guard it, then we can call what is happening a battle. Especially if they "try to ruin their operation". A faction taking control of a town (using TC feature) and killing its opponents can hardly be said to be PKing at the time it does seize control.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:47 am »

What's the difference between "player versus player" and "player killer"!? Semantics?

Not quite. but a PKer is known for killing players. a PvPer is known for fighting players.

The PvPer gets as many kills on high level and armed players as he can, while the PKer gets as many kills on any players he can find.

So really. if you just want to pwn people. no matter if they have a chance or not, then you're a PK. since you just want to kill people. not fight. just kill.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:12 am »

In MMORPG's meaning pvp is when group of players fight agains diffrend group of players in designated places, and pk is when player kill without reason another players(often weaker).

I'm glad, that someone start using "PvP players" term. I think about myself that I'm PvP player. I'm not antiPK, because sometimes i fight with friends in new reno, sometimes i kill blue in TC time. However I don't feel like pk too. Very often i help people by giving stuff, giving advice or transporting from town to town.
I'm PvP player. Most of fun from this game i take from TC. I'm proud of it. :P

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 11:04:22 am »

PK -it's a player that shoots me.
PvP -it's me shooting the other player.
APK - it's me shooting the other player if he had good gear or if he fired first.
Troll- suecide bomber/burster, miner killer, gird camper, tent robber.

That's all the theory everything else is dead or dying.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 11:42:50 am »

It is soo, soo simple.

PKer - kills people mostly for teh lulz
APKer - pretends to be the savior of the downtrodden, the righter of wrongs, the icon of hope for humanity, but he kills people mostly for teh lulz
PvPer - pretends to be the professional killing people mostly for teh lulz
Lawyer - no one can really understand his way of killing people mostly for teh lulz

PK -it's a player that shoots me.
PvP -it's me shooting the other player.

These are the only good sense comments that i've read until now. PVP it's called before the fight begins. After the fight is over one of the players is the PK and the other one is at respawn. With your tons of explanations you are just trying to make something complicated from something extremly simple. All FOnliners are pk's, EVERY ONE OF THEM (except Lagmaster and Nick In, i doubt they ever killed anybody).

And the "pkers are filth, they kill all players. we are pvpers, we are better, we don't kill everybody just the guys we don't like" is the lamest excuse ever, keep lying to yourselves.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 03:02:04 pm »

An "APK faction" as you call it looks like some faction whose purpose is to fight other players, right? Also if they're in a town with guns and/or the will to guard it, then we can call what is happening a battle. Especially if they "try to ruin their operation". A faction taking control of a town (using TC feature) and killing its opponents can hardly be said to be PKing at the time it does seize control.
no i think that apk  are the good of the wastes like bos fitting enclave  or supper mutes   vs bos
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:04:57 pm by namenotfound »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »

I think the same as you about that. Just felt curious because you said PKs are those who engage other people that sometimes do not want to get into a battle. A faction trying to take control of cities during "night" is usually not looking for a battle, that's why I felt like asking you about that particular situation.

IMO, I see no point in looking for "differences" between a PvPer and a PK. Both PKs and APKs are PvPers as both titles have to do with how or when they get in PvP, and sometimes about the reasons why they get in PvP.

In TC, imo, nobody is PK or APK. We are all murderin' gangs who want to kill others for a prize. What we do with the town later (protecting it to make it a safe place, developing a RP project, killing anyone on sight, etc) defines if we are PK or APK.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »

What is difference with these two.. PvP and PK.

PvP (Player versus Player)
You want to challence someone to fight with you.

PK (Playerkiller)
Just pick random players at encounters and kill them just for fun.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »

hehe

PK - somone who is killing other players, because he wants their stuff, their ore, or just for feeling " im so STRONG!".....

APK <= IMO and as im trying to play from beggining- someone who is killing only those who atack first, and those who are known as PKs ( see above) and  retards ( hitlers, ...vedarases ;)). But of course i love fighting and fortunately wasteland is full of PKs so there is always someone to kill :). AND i am sure, that i killed somone who was innocent probably because of wrong info from gang mates or just friendly fire, those who were those innocent please accept my apologies.

PvPr - both PKs and APKs, only difference is in targets :)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:52:08 pm by Johnny Nuclear »
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 06:07:58 am »

hehe

PK - somone who is killing other plyers for no reason, because he wants his stuff, his ore ... or he just dont like his name.

killing other for no reason.... list reasons... wait back up there
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:17 am »

killing other for no reason.... list reasons... wait back up there

He means killing for 'no reason' is a reason.

My opinion, he is wrong. There is always a reason.
"I just wanted to kill someone.", "ur ugly" or even "trololol"
Everything must change.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.