"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 01:30:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. questions.  (Read 6591 times)

Y0ssarian

• incredible
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. questions.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:20:08 pm »

no soldier would ever wear a gas mask. it's harder to run, aim and shoot with a gasmask on. these girls need to grow up and breath in that radiation. cell damaging free radicals builds character, gas masks do not.
power

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:54 pm »

Companions in All stalker series are...Unable? you can get them to follow only on quests so i dont count is as it
Where would I find these guys in ClearSky?

About Mercenary Scar...he dont die on end but Clear Sky faction do, He gets into hands of monolith and goes to Brainwash, You can find him in Call of Pripat in one place [the dudes near bandit outpost in Janov]
 Since he is monolith now I'm guessing he just shoots at you... or did he escape like Strelok?  The latter would certainly be more interesting...
Anymore questions ask :] i finished STALKER series on all modes [novice - master] also with mods
What is the best mods for clearsky?  And is there a tutorial for integrating them into the game?  I am very bad with this section of technology :P.

Is there anyway to fix the messed up game engine on ClearSky?  The lags and shit...  I already lower things as low as possible and although 90% its smooth, sometimes, (like in camps with fires for some reason) it gets extremely laggy.   Especially in big firefights.  Its Juuuuuusssstttt smooth enough to be able to fight correctly but it's still a bitch.

HOW, THE SHIT, DID YOU BEAT IT ON MASTER?????  Its Tough as SHIT on Stalker already.  Hell I just gave up the firefight shit and just resorted to sniping every motherfucker With the hint of red on their name.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 03:59:54 am »

Actually companions in CS might be a red herring, he might mean some sort of faction related following or mod where you can exchange 1 medkit and any stalker will follow you (wtf)?
power
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »

Clear Sky has some scarry shit in it.Like those Monolith worshiping that garbage statue.I had nightmares about it.Or was it Pripyat? I think it was Prypiat....Correct me if I'm mistaking.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »

Clear Sky has some scarry shit in it.Like those Monolith worshiping that garbage statue.I had nightmares about it.Or was it Pripyat? I think it was Prypiat....Correct me if I'm mistaking.
pripyat
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 12:53:10 pm »

I have another STALKER story to share:

So i go down into that underground research facility with the poltergeists. Damn man, i go down there and take a quick look inside the first room.
Ok just some crates.
I take a quick peek around the corner and stare into the darkness of the hallway.
Damn, its dark in here, good thing i have a suit with nightvision sight.
I turn around to face inside the room agai- BAMM!
What the fraack!
The stupid crates where thrown right into my face me by the poltergeist just the moment i turn around, so i could not see them float in the air for a few seconds.
Damn, mostly im shock resistant in games but this made me jump off my desk chair.

After that, every crate in every room died of pistol-fire.
I also was dumb enough to not shoot the glowing boltergeists as i thought they are some kind of anomality. So the stuff flying at me never stopped. I ran through the whole complex like a motherfucker not to be killed from flying cans and other scrap :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:57:20 pm by Andr3aZ »

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 01:35:20 pm »

So i go down into that underground research facility with the poltergeists. Damn man, i go down there and take a quick look inside the first room.
Ok just some crates.
I take a quick peek around the corner and stare into the darkness of the hallway.
What the fraack!
The stupid crates where thrown right into my face me by the poltergeist just the moment i turn around, so i could not see them float in the air for a few seconds.
Damn, mostly im shock resistant in games but this made me jump off my desk chair.

Quite similar to my first walkthrough.

Especially this part
I also was dumb enough to not shoot the glowing boltergeists as i thought they are some kind of anomality. So the stuff flying at me never stopped. I ran through the whole complex like a motherfucker not to be killed from flying cans and other scrap :D
I actually didn't find out that Poltergeists can be killed before I played CoP (so I was still scared as shit when I played SoC for the 3rd time)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:38 pm »

I made an observation that items are flying on me only when those damn lights are around. Because it was so annoying I decided to burst those lights, and I was quite surprised to find it's actualy a mutated species.

Well, you must love a game which makes you explore things instead of telling you just what to shoot.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »

Ok just some crates.
What the fraack!

Same thing is in SoC when you go look for Streloks stash.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:38 pm »

I have a question, its a good one - Say, My favourite games are Fallout (old ones), Baldur, Planescape, (you see where its going?) Arcanum, Half Life (especially old one), Morrowind (pff.. okay, Buggerfall was okay as well) was okay but other than that i shit flames when i hear "Bethesda". I really adore the idea of postapo - radiation, mutation and stuff. I'm not against shooters, mainly I find them annoying cause they are dumb. (loved FEAR though).

Is trying STALKER in my case a good idea?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »

Even though I've never played Stalker (crappy PC, would love to play it) I'd say go for it. From what I saw it's a very atmospheric game, although not as "roleplay"-y as some games you mentionend.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 12:07:31 am »

I have a question, its a good one - Say, My favourite games are Fallout (old ones), Baldur, Planescape, (you see where its going?) Arcanum, Half Life (especially old one), Morrowind (pff.. okay, Buggerfall was okay as well) was okay but other than that i shit flames when i hear "Bethesda". I really adore the idea of postapo - radiation, mutation and stuff. I'm not against shooters, mainly I find them annoying cause they are dumb. (loved FEAR though).

Is trying STALKER in my case a good idea?
It is the ultimate NUCLEAR-postapocalyptic game in my opinion.  There isn't much roleplay in it, you can only use one phrase for any set of dialogue, so its actually technically, not RPG at all except when it comes to literal actions such as killing people and/or joining factions.

It IS EXTREMELY immersive/atmospheric as said...  It has a little bit of everything you would and wouldn't expect in such a place/situations.

You bleed when you get hurt, you die when you get shot, your bullets are fine-tuned to represent realistic bullet actions.  (over long ranges bullets fall)  And the Combat AI is AMAZING.  It's like they act as a group and not some shit "SShhwaarrmzzz, get up in face and PEW PEW!!"  Like some brainswashed dumbshits just with guns strapped to them and not bombs.  Although it fucks up occassionaly, you kick ass when you deserve it (use yrrrr brraiin) you laugh your ass off, and you piss your pants.

Even if you have a shitty PC, the games can run on VISTA!  For god's sake! xD  Just lower the graphics and all that stuff as low as possible and it's smooth as hell even on ClearSky.  (Which I understand, it is somehow really laggy and such only because they tried to switch game engines and didn't quite make it).

And they only cost about $10 each...  It's absolutely worth it.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »

You people made me get stalker clear sky again :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 09:02:43 pm »

You people made me get stalker clear sky again :)
you won't regret it.  Unless...  It's a broken disc...  That is the only way you can regret buying it. :)
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 12:02:52 am »

you won't regret it.  Unless...  It's a broken disc...  That is the only way you can regret buying it. :)

I'l install it tomorow.Right now I have to finnish Starcraft 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 22 queries.