"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:26:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Single shots hit random body parts  (Read 3762 times)

Single shots hit random body parts
« on: April 05, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »

I think every single shot should have a high chance of being upgraded to hit the arms/legs/head/whatever.

I don't see single shots as a shot to the torso, but rather just plugging away in their general direction. As such, I think there's just a chance of it hitting the arms or legs rather than the torso. If it crits, it obviously uses the crit table of the body part it hits.

Torso would be the dominant body part to hit, followed by arms, legs and groin. Headshots would be uncommon and eyeshots rare.

Single shots are pretty useless right now, despite the comparatively high AP cost of aimed shots. I think this would encourage builds that focus on single shots, crit or otherwise.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Single shots hit random body parts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:08:37 pm »

I do like the idea, but what exactly do you mean by a "a high chance of being upgraded to hit the arms/legs/head/whatever"?

Did you have any percentanges in mind?

Anyway I do support the suggestion, sounds like a good boost for the Fast Shot pistoleer.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

I decided to play fast and loose with the details, because I had no way of making sure what worked and what didn't. Just to throw some rough figures out there:

70% chance that an unaimed shot will be upgraded to aimed.
(I'd rather make unaimed shots too good and have to them nerf them than instigate a change that did too little)

From there, there's a 1-100 roll like our current crit table:

1-30 = Torso (Exactly the same as a regular unarmed shot)
31-45 = Right Arm
46-60 = Left Arm
61-70 = Right Leg
71-80 = Left Leg
81-90 = Groin
91-96 = Head
97-100 = Eyes

Certainly not powerful enough to overtake snipers, but it will give Fast Shot pistoleros access to more than just the appallingly bad torso hit table (god knows there's nothing critical in your torso, anyway)

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »

You *are*, of course, aware of the fact that if you introduce such thing for single shots, you'd also have to do the same with bursts, since bullets from a burst are also shot 'in the general direction' of your target?

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 03:46:58 pm »

You *are*, of course, aware of the fact that if you introduce such thing for single shots, you'd also have to do the same with bursts, since bullets from a burst are also shot 'in the general direction' of your target?

Avenger burst in the eyes *whole body explodes* (yes i know it would be very very rare but it could happen :D)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:07:54 pm »

Yeah, no.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:22:00 pm »

A shot in the eye is the same as a shot to any other body part UNLESS it is a critical hit.

Even with 3x more critical, 10 luck and finesse, the chance for a critical hit is 35% -so the chance for a critical eye burst is under 1% (0.35*0.70*0.04=0.0098).

With that in mind I say: Hell yes!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 04:24:06 pm »

Not really, I guess you get the bonus crit chance when you hit a body part other than torso. So +60% for eyes.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »

Also when you aim to eye you usually hit the head instead of eye. I guess anyone noticed this fact.
So I can say that this is a good idea.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:16 pm »

@Redbull
If you'r target isnt facing at you its normal you hit HEAD not eyes, ofc if ur ammo isnt skull priecing ;>

+1 for idea
Its very good one, because for now it was or uber pawning(bursters dont need to aim) or butthurt(no aiming with pistols/rifles without burst = DAMAGE FAIL)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 05:22:54 pm »

Yeah, I probably should have clarified that the different body parts gain that body part's bonus critical chance.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »

Well in that case, no. I'm against :P

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »

This is a thing I want to see in singleplayer Fallout too.. So yes, I'm all for it.
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 06:21:01 am »

Interesting idea, possibly making fastshot builds more interesting and fun to play.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 02:30:52 am »

meh..

would be bad for gameplay? no

would it be good for gameplay? no

meh..
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.