"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 08:37:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Why stop the game in 2238  (Read 8386 times)

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Re: Why stop the game in 2238
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 05:33:51 pm »

NO problem.
Only 1 problem have. If the gameplay fucked, the players go to other server, and the 2238 is die. Now dying..

I remember, when 50 players play in NCR bozaar. And now? 4 inactive, 1 beginner (who will stop the game after 2 days ), and 2 thief. Nice... The 2238 is dying. Now must the refresh, because the 2238 is going to the soup.

The problems are terrible. Devs, please do something...

Ok tested the clint frozing:
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7

I dont like Linux.  

Merc bug works on Linux too. Tested with:
Ubuntu 10.10, Debian 6.0 (both running Linux 2.6.32)
Wine 1.3.14
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 05:40:46 pm »

Merc bug works on Linux too. Tested with:
Ubuntu 10.10, Debian 6.0 (both running Linux 2.6.32)
Wine 1.3.14

maybe it has something with 32/64 bit system then, because i have never suffered that bug for sure (im on 64) :/

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 05:44:07 pm »

FOnline is a 32bit app. So are stable releases of Wine.
Running x64 systems too.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 05:50:24 pm »

Okay Hololaisma!

I testing... I like fallout. But if i cant play, i can not testing. I write some remark. But the devs dont care it. hm....
What can i do? Holo, im dont crying. Only write, why i stopped...

But youre not alone bro ! Everyone must suffer because this idiots which you killed and then they spawn bilion of mercs on you. There is no cure on it, you can just play and testing
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Billy Carter

• Nie strzelać do księdza !
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 06:03:01 pm »

sorry bro, but hub is even worse that ncr in terms of position, people grow up the noob outfit, they need high quality materials, they need town control, its all there far in the north ^^ But hub has one strong argument to live in - hinkley, need to admit it is promising stuff ^^

hq mineral like uranium, no need more - we got some good shops there, so we don't have to craft :),
i'm armorer 3 class and good guide too, so trip to Redding (with old highway number 5 - L.A - Sarcamento- Klamath River) is like walking in to park. (actually is most dengerous place in game  ;) )
And fuck no - no town control in Hub!!, if so - South will go to war! grrr, wrrr <pretty scary, ha?> that's right we are scary, yeah, mother.... yyyy
but we are, we are!
:P

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:08:05 pm by Billy Carter »
Zawsze są jacyś żołnierze i poeci.
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

If you want to stop mercs from insta shooting you can remove the option to allow them to automaticly attack, but that won't fix anything, just make merc leaders stay with their mercs all the time.

-Ulrek-

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 06:17:07 pm »

That will be the case - except for their own 'home' maps
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

Somebody said something about games dying? Aliens versus Predator 2 is dying too you know! Their oficial master server was shut down in 2008, but was revived with a patch, that allows you to play it online again. Quake 2 is also slowly dying, it's dying for about 12 years now I think, but the players are even more pro then in most new games. Same goes for Counter-strike! It's just silly to call a game dying, if there's still many players around (as this is a closed beta, yes, we have quite many players for a free indie project). I would say this game will still be "dying" even if Bethesda/Interplay released their fallout online. Debuting about the games near death is just as lame as talking about wipe...
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »

this is because people understood that ncr sucks hard, no hq material mines, far from other location, its a good thing that people now lives in towns like Vault city, modoc, new reno redding i hope it will stay same after wipe.

Well i like to see things work in os, instead of whining about it how it doesnt ^^

wtf are u talking about vederas.... first of all i love ncr, allways did.... and ncr was allways better then VC at least in my books... second of all u got broken hils 1 minute away with taxi alt with hq stuff, and if theres too many pk's then u got redding 4 min away from ncr....... and ncr is a great place for noobs... trading safe grounds eazy leveling by new reno, a protected mine and alot of traders which help alot on the beggining... 
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.

Charma

• I will find and kill u
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »

The 2238 dying, not the Fonline.
See the other servers... hm...

Somebody said something about games dying? Aliens versus Predator 2 is dying too you know! Their oficial master server was shut down in 2008, but was revived with a patch, that allows you to play it online again. Quake 2 is also slowly dying, it's dying for about 12 years now I think, but the players are even more pro then in most new games. Same goes for Counter-strike! It's just silly to call a game dying, if there's still many players around (as this is a closed beta, yes, we have quite many players for a free indie project). I would say this game will still be "dying" even if Bethesda/Interplay released their fallout online. Debuting about the games near death is just as lame as talking about wipe...
"To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste."

Deu 32.35

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:06 pm »

Yeah and people yell since the very first day that 2238 will be dead after two weeks.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 07:22:19 pm »

wtf are u talking about vederas.... first of all i love ncr, allways did.... and ncr was allways better then VC at least in my books... second of all u got broken hils 1 minute away with taxi alt with hq stuff, and if theres too many pk's then u got redding 4 min away from ncr....... and ncr is a great place for noobs... trading safe grounds eazy leveling by new reno, a protected mine and alot of traders which help alot on the beggining...  

you love ncr, but that doesnt mean it is better.   Lets compare
                                                        1 VC 2 NCR
Has normal resource mine nearby   1+ 2+
Has HQ mine nearby  1+ 2-
Has still 1+ 2-
Has fiber/fruit plants nearby 1+ 2-
Traders in town 1 6 (+3 in gecko) 2 4
Traders who trade with 1 ch nearby 1 3 (in gecko) 2 3
Has trees nearby 1+ 2-
Has medical terminal 1+ 2-
Has electronic parts nearby 1+ 2+
Has merc recruit center nearby 1+ (gecko) 2+
Has uranium mine 1- 2-
Has train station 1+ 2+
Do guards protect residents in encounters nearby 1+ 2-
Brahmin pens nearby 1-2 2-2
Distance between towns where you can pvp 1 close 2 far

I dont know what factors could be compared also, but look at that, ncr has nothing that vc doesnt and ncr lacks many of those things that vault city has. Some very long time ago, ncr was very good, it had flint in town, junk barrel in town, tree in town, yeah the town was competitive those days. Now its total shit but people still living in there only because of reason that it was good town some very long time ago. Open your eyes man.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:30:37 pm by vedaras »

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 07:28:42 pm »

Traders who trade with 1 ch nearby 1 3 (in gecko) 2 1
Actually NCR has 2 1 CHA traders - one is Mira in Rawhide saloon, the other one is Dusty in Dusty's cantina, however, they always got some kind of shit. Misc vendors I guess don't count too :P
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »

Actually NCR has 2 1 CHA traders - one is Mira in Rawhide saloon, the other one is Dusty in Dusty's cantina, however, they always got some kind of shit. Misc vendors I guess don't count too :P

well didint even know that still it changes nothing in this comparison as same conclusion applies greatly ^^

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 07:33:51 pm »

well didint even know that still it changes nothing in this comparison as same conclusion applies greatly ^^

ok u might be right but vc still sucks ass ecspessaly for noobs.
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.