"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:27:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like the ability to "reset" yourself?

I would
I would not
I make no mistakes in my character creation bitches

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ability to "reset" your character  (Read 10002 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Ability to "reset" your character
« on: March 13, 2011, 01:05:22 pm »

When you play you sometimes notice errors made in your character, or just find your character unsuitable for what you think it was. But because all your stuff is in tent, or you have a shared tent, or you have bunch of slaves/mercs under that account and it limits you in character recreation and that usually leads in new alt creation. I think it would be nice to have 2 commands in console, for example
1) ~resetlevel , and it would delete exp points that were required for level (for example if you are level 11, you type ~resetlevel and it deletes 10k experience points) with all bonuses gain on level, so you could re-earn the level and correct your made mistakes.
2) ~resetall , and it would delete all character specials and all experience/professions etc, while letting you keep all your stuff gathered and things like tent. At first look the second command might be look hard to implement, well i think that it could be made something like overwrite your account option. For example you type ~resetall , and then you have 10 minutes to go to registration, where you can create account under same name, which will replace your former character while letting you keep all his stuff/mercs/revealed world map. So what you think about that?

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Ability to "reset" your character
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »

~deleteself password is all you need.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:09:13 pm »

~deleteself password is all you need.

why dont you read the topic first before posting, i wrote that you may have mercs you dont want to lose, or a shared tent, these things lead you to only want restart leveling up and editing account without losing all material stuff gathered with your former account.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 01:11:10 pm »

why dont you read the topic first before posting, i wrote that you may have mercs you dont want to lose, or a shared tent, these things lead you to only want restart leveling up and editing account without losing all material stuff gathered with your former account.

So it becomes another cheat device, helpful to metagame? If your character is deleted, so is your tent, mercs, etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »

Then its more pain in da ass to have everything back, and that is what we want, more harsh.

I agree with you, with these commands. But people which like "harsh" dont so ...
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »

So it becomes another cheat device, helpful to metagame? If your character is deleted, so is your tent, mercs, etc.

How is starting over from level 1 a cheating device, could you explain it? Please explain. Metagaming is 99% of this server activity. Fighting with this is like fighting with the laws of physics. If you don't want it, create a RP server, I would love it. Not to mention there was many times when people took perks that didn't work and similar stuff.

It's people who cheat don't need this feature. If you dual log, it's not a problem to store all items and mercs in other character. It's important for loners and people who DO NOT metagame. If someone doesn't use alts, every skill point is very important, every SPECIAL point makes a big difference. Of course only if you do something more than standing in a bar and writing ***drinks beer***...

There is one important thing - only stats that change during creation/level up should be reset. All other character "history" - for example some potentially negative effects, like reputations and addictions should stay the same like in old version of the character. I think it would only make the game a tiny bit more convenient for loners, if they made crappy character and want to restart it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:09:05 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 02:18:30 pm »

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 02:41:51 pm »

I like this suggestion.

Besides, it's actually resetting the char and not reassigning skillpoints, like in e.g. Forumwarz - then a crafter could make a crapload of arms and then reassign all his points to become a fighter. (once in 3 IRL days)

That would be at least unrealistic, unless the character gets a powerful whack on the head.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

avv

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 02:46:39 pm »

I'd love it too. There would be no need to re-add my character to all the 6 bases and various tents again.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »

Professions is one thing that must be reset along with character stats, because otherwise someone could create demolition crafter, then reset and make 300% sneaker - thrower
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »

this is not wow...

i dont like the idea

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 03:19:33 pm »

Professions is one thing that must be reset along with character stats, because otherwise someone could create demolition crafter, then reset and make 300% sneaker - thrower

That's what I meant with "cheating device".  ;)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 03:21:54 pm »

yes yes, i wrote in first messages that professions should be reseted, same as bonuses from quests like 15% to small guns skill in boneyard. Basically i think that tents, factions, items, slaves/mercs and world map of former character should remain while rest should be renewed :>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:24:01 pm by vedaras »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 03:22:46 pm »

Agreed, but:
- Tagged skills should remain the same. I don't want to meet a sniper one day, that will be a minigunner tomorrow.
- SPECIAL should not be resetted.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »

Agreed, but:
- Tagged skills should remain the same. I don't want to meet a sniper one day, that will be a minigunner tomorrow.
- SPECIAL should not be resetted.
Then the suggestion has no sense for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.