"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:52:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like the ability to "reset" yourself?

I would
I would not
I make no mistakes in my character creation bitches

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ability to "reset" your character  (Read 10000 times)

Re: Ability to "reset" your character
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »

I would love this especially with the changes (whatever they may be) regarding mercs which may fuck over my build and i won't realize it until i have a large amount of shit in my tent that i would hate to lose.
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 01:32:36 am »

The main point of my post, which was about leaving tagged skills and SPECIAL points untouched, was that I'd hate to see this discussion in-game:
I do prefer the suggestion to have no sense than the game to have no sense.

How is that discussion in game different from: "Hey, I made a new char and used an proxy to transfer items from my old tent to new one" ?

Seems some of you don't get it.

This ALREADY happens. Except you need to transfer stuff to new tent.
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 01:37:26 am »

How about those of us who choose to not cheat?
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 01:45:10 am »

How about those of us who choose to not cheat?

That was exactly the idea of my post, probably the sarcasm wasn't well played, but the point is:

People already make new chars, difference is: Cheaters use proxy, normal people get a friend (I wouldn't trust a "friend" met in game tho, just sayin) to help them.

This suggestion seems very good, doesn't have any game breaking / imbalance to it.
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 02:34:54 am »

I'm all for resetting your character, my character is completely shit because I was brand new when I made it and didn't know what I was doing. But I still think SPECIAL and professions should stay and have your skills/perks be reset. I think that it would balance the feature so people don't abuse it to hell.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 02:42:42 am »

I'm all for resetting your character, my character is completely shit because I was brand new when I made it and didn't know what I was doing. But I still think SPECIAL and professions should stay and have your skills/perks be reset. I think that it would balance the feature so people don't abuse it to hell.
Please explain how it is so much more abusive than just doing ~deleteself and restarting your SPECIAL that way.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 02:49:22 am »

Please explain how it is so much more abusive than just doing ~deleteself and restarting your SPECIAL that way.

Why should I lose all of my stuff just because I didn't know EXACTLY what I was doing? I'm sorry I don't cheat and dual log sir.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 02:54:43 am »

Its a good suggestion, but now we have 2 versions how should resetall work:
A) reset ALL, including SPECIAL and skillz
B) only bring back character to lvl 1

Im for A), but implementing B) would be a LOT easier. I would like to hear devs´ opinion about this matter.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 03:52:18 am »

I thik this is also a perfect chance to improve beta testing.
you can test diferent variation of a build whitout wasting a lot of time. (specially for loners and people who doesnt have much time for playing)

When the game reach a more stable status, this can be keept without breaking the lore and ambience of the game as expensive brain operation or some high tier procedure.
the price can be determined for how many levels you want to downgrade, this would help players who make mistakes choosing wrong perks or skills and prevent chars to change from snipers to minigunners to whatever.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2011, 09:15:55 am »

Dudes what are you talking about? How could you abuse something by starting to hell? If you think that you could make for example plasma grenades, then a good thrower for PVP or something then  i can say to you that it is much easier to farm with your thrower from very beginning and trade your farmed stuff to those grenades than gather them in previous way.

Also there are many ways to transfer your stuff from one account to another even if you do not have a base. Easiest is to put stuff near one wall in town or another where no one visits, then relogin on another account and collect that stuff. Also you should know that having 2 accounts is not dual logging or cheating, you just cant use them at the same time.

For others i should remind that if you would not be able to edit special, than in the biggest part the suggestion would become useless :>
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 10:45:09 am »

I think its unescessary feature. Any new alt can be made in 6 to 20 hours (or less) of exping and we have charracter planners to avoid stupid mistakes in character building. And even for loners who dont duallog (maybe 5% of server population?) they can exchange stuff between their alts easilly via some hidden places behind buildings in cities.
I see it usefull only when u missclick perk. Which i think is very hard. I exped dozens of chars and never missclicked different perk than i wanted.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 10:53:11 am »

And even for loners who dont duallog (maybe 5% of server population?)

:(
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 01:24:19 pm »

If it reset all professions/skill based stuff, along with the skills, perks, and level. than it wouldn't be a problem.

The only way this would be a problem, is if it's exploitable, and can be used to create a big gunner that can make a minigun and use it like a PvP build, etc.

-Ulrek-

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 10:05:04 pm »

Why should I lose all of my stuff just because I didn't know EXACTLY what I was doing? I'm sorry I don't cheat and dual log sir.
That's not my point. I was referring to how you said that your special skill and tagged skills shouldn't be able to be changed. I like this suggestion, but not allowing the special or tagged skills to be changed serves no purpose.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »

I think its unescessary feature.
It may seem unnecessary to you.
But others could find it very useful.

Do you see any negative sides of implementing features then, or is it just that you don't see any positive ones(where others do)?
You shouldn't limit other players, by helping the feature to be not implemented, just because you will never use it.

And your answer seems clear "No"...? Why?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.