"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:28:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armors and their role  (Read 1463 times)

Armors and their role
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:52:53 pm »

This suggestion is two fold, so the post might be long, but bear with me.

1.) Currently NPCs are split into two main groups: 1 CH and 3 CH NPCs. This schism promotes people with 1 CH builds to create alts to fully take advantage of the system, and this is clearly something that the developers want to eradicate. Instead I propose a system that is already being used in TC, that is the "gear check", where an NPC would barter/talk with you if you have decent gear (such as leather jacket or desert robe). The logic of this is trivial, who would someone trade/ask for help from A or B? Not only does this encourage people to wear armor, but it also lessens the need for an alt.

2.) In complement with the first suggestion, it is also important to make low tier gear easier to acquire. Take for example the leather jacket, to make it you need to kill geckos and brahmins, which come in groups and killing even two is a daunting task for a newbie. Instead, with the addition of desert robes FRMs, I think that a desert robes should be a craftable starter armor that doesn't require you to kill anything, other than gathering fiber. Just think of a desert robe as analogous to a primitive tool, which is needed to begin hunting. In addition, I also propose that armors such as leather jackets/armors are dropped from NPCs similar to weapons (deteriorated of course). I don't see a good reason why this is not implemented, as it will not ruin TC PvP, but will help the starting player, and also encourage people with limited resources to still wear something other than their pajamas.
Re: Armors and their role
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »

1.) I dont know wtf you just said, but I guess im still a nub

2.) Sounds good, I think the armor dropping from NPC's might take a bit of programming, and ya, lower tier stuff should be easier to get, on the other hand that stuff is pretty easy to attain, like 200$ for leather jacket or something right?
mining real quick can get you 300$
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:42:20 pm »

I like the idea of there being a 'primitive tool' equivalent in most skills to get you started. Like BBs, only worth using.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:21 pm »

Both have been suggested, can't quite remember if they were accepted though or even acknowledged by devs.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »

Both have been suggested, can't quite remember if they were accepted though or even acknowledged by devs.

Yeah crafting robes, was suggested, but it was rejected because before we only had CoC robes before and it was considered "unfallouty" for everyone to run around in.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 10:07:37 pm »

Desert robe would need to have weaker resitances than regular [purple] Robe or Leather Jacket, if this is implemented. But as the the idea, it sounds okay.

For your first point, yes, this would decrease the gap, though, it would still make having anything other than 3 Charisma useless (except for merc alts). So in that sense, it would make the gap go from 1 - 3 - 9 Charisma to just 1 - 9 Charisma. At least it would get rid of one alt though.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:09:34 am »

1) I already proposed something similar, that you need armor in order to speak with traders, the more prominent trader, the better armor you need. But it seems players are too poor to afford simple armor while carrying tons of stuff.

2) Simple crafted armor - yes, armor drop - no. Or yes, but up to metal armor and still low chance to salvage armor from a dead NPC
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:38:34 am »

no i do not like this suggestion at all. If you want to be ugly as fuck to get advantages in combat deal with disadvantages while trading with npcs.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44:17 am »

1) I have this feeling that something doesn't add up here but i am not quite sure what , so i won't comment.

2) Agreed , this game has to be a bit friendlier towards new players and some basic armor that doesn't require you to engage in combat is good.
The 10mm pistol requires only wood and junk , very easy to obtain. Then why not an armor what is made only by using fibers ? Anyway its quite weird that after 200 years people are still wearing blue suits and in good condition ? Desert robes are a good choice for basic armor and it is fallouty most people are poor etc. etc.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:45:56 am by Vaimortal »
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 04:43:04 pm »

no i do not like this suggestion at all. If you want to be ugly as fuck to get advantages in combat deal with disadvantages while trading with npcs.

Huh? There are no disadvantages to making a 1 CH with regards to NPCs (just make a 3CH trader alt), that is why I made this suggestion.

Desert robe would need to have weaker resitances than regular [purple] Robe or Leather Jacket

Yeah, I thought it was already like this (never got my hands on one yet).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.