"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A chance to fail when using science.  (Read 3040 times)

A chance to fail when using science.
« on: March 08, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »

After a few fights with the "HtH crit builds" that like to go as a bluesuit, and in away are like battlefield thieves.

I've had a thought, since they can easily pick up your gun and break it with science, while they lose nothing.

Yes, i know HtH builds need some love, but what is this really doing for PvP? making HtH builds more powerful? or making them tools of griefing and a resource drain?

The idea, is very simple, have a chance to fail and either hurt yourself, or just damage the weapon. it won't make HtH builds weaker, it'll just make trying to take something apart harder if you don't know how.

And, to those of you who say it's still very easy to break guns open for spare parts, if you're using science, you're taking the weapon apart, not just breaking it in half, you're trying but failing to get useful parts from it.

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:38:48 pm by Ulrek »
Re: A chance to fail when using science.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:13 pm »

Rather than nerf I think science needs a boost on parts that you get from disassemble

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:04 pm »

Rather than nerf I think science needs a boost on parts that you get from disassemble

The point of the topic is not to nerf it, but just to make it harder to break things in the middle of PvP mainly, and make science a means of getting spare parts, and not to troll people.

But, giving science a boost could help as well, so it would be used for what it's meant for, rather than the trolling as mentioned before.

-Ulrek-

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:18 pm »

The point of the topic is not to nerf it, but just to make it harder to break things in the middle of PvP mainly, and make science a means of getting spare parts, and not to troll people.

But, giving science a boost could help as well, so it would be used for what it's meant for, rather than the trolling as mentioned before.

-Ulrek-

IIRC it was already said by a dev that science need to be boosted, but that's low on todo list. Anyway, not being able do dismantle in combat mode is enough I guess. Breaking guns to prevent ennemie to get is is a viable tactic (tough I think it's often lame when it involve gauss pistol).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »

Question?  How would the H+H character get another individuals weapon during combat, unless it was dropped?  Then, what would it matter if they dismantled the weapon during or after the battle is over, unless you assume you will always beat a H+H alt and thus be able to get your gear back?  I think that the amount of materials recovered needs to be increased, with increased skill of course.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:59:09 pm »

Question?  How would the H+H character get another individuals weapon during combat, unless it was dropped?  Then, what would it matter if they dismantled the weapon during or after the battle is over, unless you assume you will always beat a H+H alt and thus be able to get your gear back?  I think that the amount of materials recovered needs to be increased, with increased skill of course.

You haven't seen a HtH troll character. they're crit based, and they aren't there to kill people, they just drop your weapon, and than break it, that's all they do, they don't even try to win, they just want to destroy as much of your gear as they can before they die. and while breaking enemy gear is a valid tactic, attacking people just to break their stuff is only done to piss people off, and are a disgrace to HtH fighters. and it pretty much makes them suicide bombers. but with fists.

As for increasing the amount of crafting items you get from breaking stuff down, that has already been said to be on the list of things to do, this is about adding a chance to fail, with a doctor, please stop going off topic.

-Ulrek-

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:57:44 pm »

... they just drop your weapon, and than break it, that's all they do, they don't even try to win, they just want to destroy as much of your gear as they can before they die... attacking people just to break their stuff is only done to piss people off,... and it pretty much makes them suicide bombers. but with fists.
-Ulrek-

Wonderful!

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:57:36 am »

Wonderful!

Wonderful like using jet on other people used to be. ^,.,^

-Ulrek-

avv

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:14 pm »

Bah those hth builds are just abusing the fact that death has no penalty.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 01:22:18 pm »

I think everything should have 5% fail chance and increase with lower science skill. So a grunt with 20 science would fail quite often. Support
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »

Bah those hth builds are just abusing the fact that death has no penalty.

funny fact: the only thing lasers and miniguns can kill are bluesuits. bluesuits tend to troll the shit out of this game in general.
anyhow, this is just like stealing. not having to risk anything but a cool down destroys game play for obvious reasons.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 03:31:19 am »

funny fact: the only thing lasers and miniguns can kill are bluesuits. bluesuits tend to troll the shit out of this game in general.
anyhow, this is just like stealing. not having to risk anything but a cool down destroys game play for obvious reasons.

Stealing is one thing, stealing you can protect yourself from, but this is more like suicide bombing, and it takes place in PvP, not just in NCR, or in a guarded town.

Stealing in a guarded town is one thing, but having someone walk up to you, break your arm, take your gun away from you, than break it right infront of you is a little bit too much, i'd at least like to see people have to get away after stealing your stuff, not just break it in front of you.

Thieves are just trying to make a living to, but these guys are just trolls. all they're doing is trolling, not adding to game play, so the point is to make trolling a little bit harder, by giving science limits for low skill use, just like repair, and FA, and doc, you cant use those well at low skill, how can you take a minigun apart with your bare hands with no training? 10 STR? they don't have that... their crit builds.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 04:05:42 am »

another "i got killed / stolen from, NERF NERF NERF"
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 05:42:43 am »

another "i got killed / stolen from, NERF NERF NERF"

Rather than go "trolololol", why don't you tell me why adding a chance to fail to science like the ones that exist for all the other skills is a bad idea?

-Ulrek-

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 07:27:16 am »

because you already cannot science in fight?

poor spartans, noone likes the first FOnline easter egg encounter :(
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.