"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 12:21:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The restrictions and cooldowns, who are they really restricting?  (Read 3086 times)

The restrictions and cooldowns, who are they really restricting?
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:42:39 am »

Weakened after death - Player has to wait / use doctor if raised / use stims instead of fa.
Exploiter can use a doc alt

Crafting cooldown - Player waits
Exploiter uses alt

Gathering - alt

Repair cars - alt

Login - Player waits the timer
Exploiter logs with proxy

Now, I'm not saying that these restrictions are useless, but they could be lowered a bit, for example the repair for cars, or the crafting timer for 0 tier stuff

You can call this another rant / whine thread or how you feel like, but this is General discussion, and I'd just like to hear your opinions

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: The restrictions and cooldowns, who are they really restricting?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:09:15 am »

You are mixing stuff up.

Dual-logging, gridcamping, etc. is a cheating and worth banning.

Bugs/exploits are considered cheating as well, but they are still something different: they are mistakes in the games, which have to be fixed.

Alting sucks abit but it is not against the rules.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:45 am »

Dual/fast logging via proxy is so widespread that it becomes bug of the game. Whole idea of cooldowns is causing it mostly. Best would be abandonning all cooldowns and solving those issues by other means like in every other game. (Afaik there were no cooldowns in any fallout or very little in other mmorpgs)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:08:46 am »

in current realities its just lack of evolution abilities (or intentional hardcore) to play only one character.
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:18 pm »

You are mixing stuff up.

Dual-logging, gridcamping, etc. is a cheating and worth banning.

Bugs/exploits are considered cheating as well, but they are still something different: they are mistakes in the games, which have to be fixed.

Alting sucks abit but it is not against the rules.

(i never mentioned gridcamping)

I don't think you get my point, I'm aware those are bannable, but that's the point, normal players suffer the restrictions, while exploiters don't.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:43:08 pm »

dual/fast loging is technically nearly impossible to detect due to change of IP. And you can always say that your friend logged your char. So it is hradly bannable if u are not stupid enough to fast/dual log from one IP.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:50:27 am »

That feel when only Windows users can use proxies, because FOnline under Wine crashes when trying to connect via proxy.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:49 am »

That feel when only Windows users can use proxies, because FOnline under Wine crashes when trying to connect via proxy.

I just pretend that i'm not familiar with chanspeak, but Wine can in duallogging with FOnline copies on different partitions.
If you get caught on same IP though, you'll get b& and in this case YOU SHOULD BE.

/chanspeak

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »

/chanspeak
/thread

duallogging with FOnline copies on different partitions
No, it can't. Despite the fact that these partitions have different filesystems [ext4,NTFS]. You can however try to do so with a virtual machine.

If you get caught on same IP though, you'll get b& and in this case YOU SHOULD BE.
What if I share my IP with 3000 other people that happen to be in the same university?
inb4 hurr durr tough luck
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:22:16 pm by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:19 pm »

I just pretend that i'm not familiar with chanspeak, but Wine can in duallogging with FOnline copies on different partitions.

/chanspeak

Why should you be banned? What is the problem with dual logging? Does that not give other players equal oppurtunity to kill your alts?

JovankaB

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »

Why should you be banned? What is the problem with dual logging?
1. It's lame
2. It's cheating

If I kill someone I don't want his lame proxy alt to appear a second later.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 12:09:18 pm »

Weakened after death - Player has to wait / use doctor if raised / use stims instead of fa.
Exploiter can use a doc alt

Crafting cooldown - Player waits
Exploiter uses alt

Gathering - alt

Repair cars - alt

Login - Player waits the timer

I would like to use alts. After playing a while There are only 2 major problems with this game.
1. Cooldowns
2. Overpowered NPC Mercs working for players which take pvp out of the interaction (mercs should be somewhat MORE handicapped).
 The mercs aren't mercs at all but rather terminator style murder robots that shoot anything on site. That is way OP to be on a players side.
I would rather be banned than wait that timer. I only have so much laundry and bills to pay between logins. I'm trying to avoid meat-space for longer than 2 min worth of mining.

Cooldowns suck because it litterally take 2 secs to rack it up then you have to wait for it to come back down. You have to WAIT on a computer game. what the hell?

Exploiter logs with proxy: which is completely undetectable.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:30:06 pm by merlin »
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »

1. It's lame
2. It's cheating

If I kill someone I don't want his lame proxy alt to appear a second later.

Thats a good point, but there is no way to keep that from happening even now. If someone is using a proxy theres no way to keep them from logging in to avenge his other doll.
Yeah, that is lame and that is cheating. There's no way to stop it though, even with accounts people will just have more accounts and more proxies.

Has this happened to you? I mean in this game. because its totally possible.
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 03:22:25 am »

@OP

Cooldowns for peaceful ways to get things but no cooldowns to getting things from other people by lulz killing.

Why?  Because certain folks prefer to force people to pvp/aka murder for stuff and lulz
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 12:37:30 pm »

To answer your question simply, and in my opinion, all these restrictions are only restricting the poor fellows that actually go through all these unnecessarily nerfed steps in order to make 1/10 the ammount of effective cap worth in the time spent than if you had farmed the equipment and repaired it instead of crafting.

Whats worse, all these restrictions only affect the people playing the game fairly, and pose no restriction whatsoever on people dual boxing or proxying. It just makes things worse for the people playing fairly because these types of measures never have and never will make the game less abusable by an abuser, but only decrease the number of abusers to people who aren't completely clueless about pcs (it takes a minute to find a proxy and bypass all the game "protections"), or to people who don't want to cheat because it kills the fun.

It ends up making the game tougher on people playing fairly, and makes it better for people cheating because now they have even more of an advantage over non-cheaters.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.