"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 12:03:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone seen "The Road"?  (Read 4155 times)

Anyone seen "The Road"?
« on: January 29, 2010, 08:10:33 am »

It's like fallout 3 if it was about a homeless person and his kid walking through mud in garbage bags.

Re: Anyone seen "The Road"?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:54:38 am »

the book was good. haven't seen the movie yet.
see you in the boneyard
shoot me an infallible kiss
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:07:23 pm »

I want to read the book now, the movie was really boring but I can tell the story must have been good.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:21:57 am »

I ve read the book, and it was pretty amazing, but I can imagine that if the movie stick to the original it wouldnt be very much action which one might expect from the movie. So bad it isnt avaible in my country yet.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 01:41:44 am »

I ve read the book, and it was pretty amazing, but I can imagine that if the movie stick to the original it wouldnt be very much action which one might expect from the movie. So bad it isnt avaible in my country yet.

It's on ninjavideo.net

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 02:23:08 am »

I meant in the cinema, I realy like the big screen for some movies. But damn, the link is tempting.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 04:03:27 am »

It's dvd quality.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 02:44:54 pm »

Ok, but does it have a big screen a amazing sound efects?
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:23:27 pm »

Ok, but does it have a big screen a amazing sound efects?

Not really that kind of movie, its dark and brown and everyone is always whispering. I seriously understood like 1/4 of the dialog and I had my tv's volume at 45.

avv

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 09:00:30 pm »

Post apocalyptic fiction is nothing without power armors, miniguns and supermutants.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 09:34:31 pm »

Post apocalyptic fiction is nothing without power armors, miniguns and supermutants.

I find the opposite much more attractive. "The Road" is a bit more realistic etc. I always found the struggle for survival, the "little" problems (no water, no food, everything fucked up, radiated) much more interesting than killing mutants, guys running around in power armor etc.

Though I hadn't seen the film, just read the book. It's not showing in my country and that ninjavideo site isn't working for me.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:50:40 pm »

I like a balance between the grunginess of The Road and the kind of exaggerated crazy world of Fallout. I want more civilisation than The Road, but I can live without the power armour and miniguns. I loved reading about the political intrigue of Van Buren - Crimson Caravans selling guns to both the BOS and the NCR to help fuel their war.

People wearing black leather in the desert, somehow maintaining a mohawk is great no matter how implausible it is. But I'd also prefer it if those leather jacket wearing people were more concerned with getting food, work and not getting shot than finding miniguns. The things that I enjoyed the most in Fallout was how the struggles were still human. The world felt lived in. You felt like you could be there. Unlike most sci-fi which I just can't get into, which is a lot more STAND BACK AND WATCH BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS NOT YOUR WORLD IT IS A DIFFERENT WORLD.

That's kind of what I was hoping for in FOnline. Everyone just trying to get by. Kind of what I imagine Van Buren's coop multiplayer would feel like, but on a bigger scale. You'd be wandering around with your group of wastelanders, taking jobs and having adventures. Maybe you'd get murdered by strangers, but they'd at least have the courtesy to say something badass before they shot you.

Hell, just give me a Firefly MMO. I'll be happy.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 07:01:50 pm »

I wish fallout was closer to it's mad max roots, I really wanted gunfights from dune buggy's over fuel reserves.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »

now i wanna watch Mad Max, you are very bad.
see you in the boneyard
shoot me an infallible kiss
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 06:00:22 am »

hell i like mad max trilogy very much ;D
Well who you think im after now, bitch? Run, mother  f*cka, run...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.