"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 11:37:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone seen "The Road"?  (Read 4161 times)

Re: Anyone seen "The Road"?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:53 am »

I just saw this bizzare movie called "a boy and his dog", reminded me a lot of fallout. Dirty men with rifles, gangs of glowing mutants, rapists and telepathic mutant dogs.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:11:30 am »

I've heard that was a big inspiration for Fallout. At least, the book was. I was trying to find it about a week ago, I can't get my hands on either the ebook or a copy at my library. Shame, really. I was looking forward to reading it. It's by the same guy who wrote I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream. Can't remember his name right now.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 04:46:42 pm »

The Road was great IMO, Book of Eli not as much...

"Mad Max" trilogy, "A boy and his dog" are must see movies!  "A boy and his dog" is low budget and little crazy movie, but You will find lot of Fallout in it. Especially final is in very ... black humor. It was "cult" movie some years ago.

I've heard that was a big inspiration for Fallout. At least, the book was. I was trying to find it about a week ago, I can't get my hands on either the ebook or a copy at my library. Shame, really. I was looking forward to reading it. It's by the same guy who wrote I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream. Can't remember his name right now.

yes, Harlan Ellison :) read it, watch it, it is worth few hours! I suggest also some russian writers, Bulyczow for example (I like one of his book especially, but i don't know if it translated to english, in polish its name is "Miasto na górze" (City above) and in russian "Город наверху" - it is about gigantic vault where people live so long that forget that there is something outside)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:54:34 pm by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.