Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 146007 times)

Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:35 pm »
Does the original skeleton looks anything like this?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:02:46 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »
I'm not sure to be honest. I can't quite see some of the finer details on the one you've shown there.

I have the one from the DirectX file (CR_HumanMaleStrong.X) looking like this :

- note the fingers, toes, "hair bone" and "dick bone".

This appeared to work with the existing animations that I tested, so I'd assume it's pretty much correct - though it could easily be one of those "this program interprets it wrong" conversion things.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:19:02 pm by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:43 pm »
Well, i added some invisible mover bones in front and back of the torso as well as the feet. (IK targets)
Didn't knew about hair bone and finger bones as well, added it afterwards. Thanks, Luther.

Do the .X format keep the parent/children connections or should the bones be explicitely connected via extrusion?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2011, 02:13:31 am »
Have you reconstructed a skeleton based on the original one? I wonder whether we should try and convert the original one (.x format) into a more readily usable format? (at least until Karpov appears to tell us how he was managing to do everything).

I have one program which seems to understand the .x files from the 2238 3D SDK - Fragmotion - which is sort of free (it continually asks you to buy the full version, but appears to work otherwise). I've found nothing else (of cheap/shareware/freeware) that seems to interpret them correctly - though I have a suspicion that 3DS Max might be able to.

Anyway, if I can import it into this program, and it looks right, I can export it into something else - maybe something a bit more standard, that could work in max or blender or something.

Is there another more widely used format which I could export it to, which would allow people to start doing test work on? Obj won't take bones data, but I think 3DS will. Would it take enough correct data to allow people to start constructing or testing extra poses and animations, or would the slight format difference end up causing more trouble than help?

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:23 pm »
I posted here a .blend file, which is also quite common, with a short manual for posing. It would be cool if you can post it in both .blend and .3ds.
It's handy in Blender, you can just define the first and last keyframes with A+A+I+LocRotScale and it computes the animation in between, when you start the animation, you just have to adjust the "keyframes", if the automatic animation looks not as you wanted.
It should suffice for test work and Blender is free. However, currently, only Blender 2.49 can export/import .X files.

The IK constraints i put in the legs of the model are also handy for posing since you can grab and move the ankle and see the whole leg bend in appropriate direction, instead of adjusting every single bone. The arms needs them, too.

In the end, we should be able to convert everything back to .X, which program does it best, we should test out.

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
Nice job there Lizard I will use this armature instead the one I made for the ghoul btw if Luther can get the original into blender and max with the bone poses then we should work with those after all editing the existing work will be easier.
About the IKs a nice move there it could give some help to those who never tried animating and they could try too maybe someone has a hidden talent for that.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2011, 10:23:03 am »
.3ds has no support for bones or skining. Use (open) Collada .dae format or .max if you must (but .max is version dependant).

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2011, 02:45:20 am »
These plugins for 3ds max will work with the type of X file currently used for Fonline 3D stuff.
Direct X importer for 3ds Max

Regarding blender, heres a bunch of stuff in a .zip file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G68IZS92

There's two .blend files. One has just the skeleton in, one has a person roughly placed over the skeleton, but it's not all linked together or anything. There's a couple of original animation files in there, converted into bvh, which blender seems to read quite happily.

However, note that I'm not entirely convinced that the skeleton has imported / exported properly. The shape is correct, but it doesn't seem to be linked together properly. Also note that the size, orientation and positioning is probably a bit messed up.

Anyway, it might be useful for one of you guys to look at / repair / work on etc. Lizard - if you can make some use of these bits, then do your magic with it, then we might be well on the way to being able to rig and animate the rest of the models. As Jotisz said, if we can tweak the existing animations using something like the original skeleton, it will all be much quicker.

« Reply #308 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:15 am »
Hi, I'm new to this game, forum and the FOnline SDK, I am having trouble with the 3D APA. whenever I try to equip it using the "~additemself 348 (or 349) 1" console command it gives me a suit of normal Power Armour instead, while still using the inventory symbol for the APA. I've looked everywhere for a solution, including the FOnline.ru forums, and I can't find anything. I have also tried using the "~run debug setcrittparam x xxx x" command as well with no luck. I placed the 3D models in the data/art/critters folder and the textures in the data/textures folder, have I missed anything? I have been playing/testing the 3D models on my own server(created through the use of the SDK server tutorials) could this be part of the problem?

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.(the first post said this was the place to ask about the 3D models, etc.)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:06 am »
Hello and welcome to the Fonline 2238 forum.

I have to say, that none of the armors would work via "additemself" as they aren't yet attached to each other. So the only way to use it so far is the console command. If you've put the files into the correct folder, then you've probably missed the console command that gives you admin rights (you should set it in FOnlineServer.cfg file). Another problem might be, is that you didn't enabled the 3d models in the engine (this feature is disabled by default). To enable it, go to SDK\Server\scripts\_defines.fos and delete "//" sign before the "define PLAYERS_3D"

« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2011, 11:22:30 am »
Thanks for the welcome (and the quick reply). I solved part of the problem, the second command I used (~run debug SetCritParam x xxx x) was either spelled incorrectly or was in the wrong case(not in caps). I used the command shown in this post: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=14217.msg120580#msg120580 , but couldn't change from the leather armour(this is the armour that appeared, not the combat armour that I was expecting after reading that post). I am assuming that the sequence of 3 x's refers to the PID of the armour, meaning that for the APA it would be 348/9 is this correct? Because I tried that while using a different value for the final 'x' and saw no change other than the idle animation for the character would restart.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2011, 06:14:27 pm »
If you don't have admin access yet, go to FOnlineServer.cfg in Server folder and add this at the end :
Code: [Select]
Access_admin=password
Then, in game :
Code: [Select]
~getaccess admin password
Should say "access changed".

These are the parameter adjust things
param 0 150 x (skin tone, from # Skin section of FOHuman file)
param 0 151 x (object in hand, from # Right Handle section of FOHuman file)
param 0 152 x (object in hand, from # Left Handle section of FOHuman file)
param 0 153 x (armour number, from # Body section of FOHuman file)
param 0 154 x (helmet / hat number from # Head section of FOHuman file)
param 0 155 x (clothes number, from # ArmorClothing section of FOHuman file )

The zero is probably the character ID. Not certain on that, but by default, 0 will change things on the player.
Setting x to -1 will disable the layer / set it to nothing.
Setting x to any number will apply the relevant armour / skin / clothing from the "_FOHuman.fo3d" file.

Example :
~param 0 153 6
~param 0 154 6
Power armour and helmet
~param 0 153 9
~param 0 154 9
Advanced Power Armour and helmet

Numbers are stored in here :
[...]\Client\data\art\critters\_FOHuman.fo3d

Hope that makes sense.

« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2011, 10:40:18 am »
Ah, yes it does make more sense to me now. However I tried '~param 0 153 9' and '~run debug SetCritParam 0 153 9' both of which just made my character naked... I even re-downloaded the SDK and it didn't work, I think that I'll just get to know the current build for now. Thank you all for your help.

P.S. - Does the line 'Value 9 Root DisableSubset 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 Attach Armor_APA.x' have anything to do with why it may not be working? Because the Power Armour didn't work either and it has the same subsets disabled.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2011, 11:00:05 am »
What is the progress of work on models?
When will update revision?
How can I help? My suggestions are unlikely to be taken into the game so how can I help?
What the hell are shaders? Can someone explain me what models ook like when shaders will be completed?

« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2011, 02:47:35 pm »
What is the progress of work on models?
When will update revision?
How can I help? My suggestions are unlikely to be taken into the game so how can I help?
What the hell are shaders? Can someone explain me what models ook like when shaders will be completed?
Graf or someone else made few very nice summaries, and I believe we'll get one in next few weeks after more things will come to an end.

Shaders are ummm...shaders :P In very easy words: Programs which enable us to use lighting/shadow/mirror/shine effects on our models. All in all it makes everything to look a lot better(And with use of those, we can easily make lighting effects from minigun/flamethrower and stuff like that on character/enviroment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvIpyEXjdYU
Here you have nice comparison how much they could change.

Or have you played The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? Just look what people have done to it with use of improved models/textures/sounds/grass and shaders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RM28MfDH5w

That should give you general idea what shaders are used for.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:57:06 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!