Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145273 times)

Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
there is Sculptris also - free alternative for Zbrush from same company
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #331 on: September 10, 2011, 08:29:18 pm »
there is Sculptris also - free alternative for Zbrush from same company
High-poly stuff. Not really what we need now.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2011, 02:45:34 am »
not really, it is very helpful with textures and body shape (even low poly), some people can find it handy and more natural than moving vertexes.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:53:48 am by baaelSiljan »
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »
[...]When I've got a bit more time (a week or two), I might upload "my working copy" of the SDK somewhere, i.e. whole client / server / FO3D SDK / my additions / alterations etc. That should help a bit with testing, for you and other people.

Sorry about the delay with this.

I've been putting these files together for use in imminent tutorials, then remembered I'd said about uploading a "snapshot" of my client with some of the models in. This should contain the main 3D repo up until today (23rd September 2011) though with a few changes, and also included some of my test files. Note that it's a right mess. It includes all my "work in progress", so that includes a few badly rigged models, temporary textures and armour values which lead to nothing (so will appear transparent). Expect problems.

The tutorials, with full explanation of how to set everything up are still being written, but if you've previously read through the 3D repository threads, you should know what you're doing enough to work with these. If it's all too confusing, I should have the first draft version of the "Setting up a 3D compatible client" tutorial written over the weekend. That should be pretty "step by step" straightforward. That'll be followed by ones for basic rigging and understanding some of the files, so hopefully will allow more people to test / implement stuff.

Old Fonline Client (works with 3D stuff)
http://www.fonline.ru/files/FOnline_v2_200111.zip

Snapshot of my 3D test repo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RYF2TGL6

Extra dat files required
(can also be acquired by running updater.exe in client folder)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9WDN8EN

Unzip the client to whatever folder you like. Unzip the test repo, and copy the files over (paste over the client folder, and they'll add to it). Unzip the dat files into the root client folder, or let the updater handle these.

You'll need to change :
client\fonline.cfg
set the lines for master.dat and critter.dat, like you have in the 2238 equivalent.

At top of fonline.cfg, set the language to preference :
Language=russ or Language=engl

server\FOnlineServer.cfg
scroll to bottom and add password to admin :
Access_admin=password (use whatever password you like)

Then run the Fonline Single Player shortcut from the client folder.

To use the commands, you'll need to write :
~getaccess admin password (password as defined above)

Then use commands as described in the 3D repository thread. Please read through all of this.

You'll need to disable layers 163 and 164 to allow the "armourclothing" layer to work.
There's two savegames in there, one of male and one of female wearing leather jackets.

If you check through \Client\data\art\critters\_FOHuman.fo3d (open in notepad or equivalent), you should be able to work out which values you will need to check a particular armour / clothing item.

Note that most of my newer test stuff does not include female versions yet. Also note that anything I've added (mostly in clothing / armour values of 19 and above) is very much "work in progress" and not part of the main repo, as most of it needs repairing or improving. Skin layer (150) with a value of 30 will give the "orange" skin tone tested here.

Also note that these files will clash with any updates to the main SVN one, though currently everything from there should be included in here.

[edit]
Completely unrelated question :

What is the difference between :
~run debug SetCritParam 1 153 13
and
~param 0 153 13
(the 153 and 13 bits being sort of irrelevant, same for any other layer or value)

Both of these would change the armour (layer 153) to type 13, and both would do it to the player character (though one has "0" and one has "1").

I've always used the "~param 0" version, but the advice in the 3D Model Repository thread mentions using the "~run debug SetCritParam" one. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:59:32 pm by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2011, 04:27:29 pm »
I have 3D model in  3D studio max how me it to convert in   .х without skeleton loss?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2011, 05:25:59 pm »
I think the "Panda X Exporter" was used, but I have no idea what the correct settings were. Karpov will know the answer to this.

« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
I see that Karpov made almost all human animations (for what he deserves a applause from the whole FOnline base), but
are there still slots to be filled/animations to be done? For example, the female ones and for different body types?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »
The body types have a similar build its possible to give them the same armature with some tweaking the ones that would need more adjustment are the midget, child, ghoul and mutant the later is still in work.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »
From the source files I work with, the animations can be re-exported with a totally different skeleton without changing it's motion. Still, they would need to be tweaked manually for adjusting the ground position, and in the case of the female an extra work is needed because I need to blend the animation with the female pose, otherwise it would play the animation starting on a male pose.

What I hope for other bodytypes is that they can use the exact same skeleton, at least for strong, normal, and skinny type. That way it would use the same animation files without having to re-export them.

I have 3D model in  3D studio max how me it to convert in   .х without skeleton loss?

I use PandaExporter, it can export bones , and animations as well. But if you need it to be compatible with the animations that are already in the game you will have to use the same bone names. If you use your own animations then any bone name would do fine.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03:20 am »
How open base human in wings?

I got message when I try opening " Read failed: no such file or directory". I got Wings 1.4.1

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2011, 11:15:36 am »
How open base human in wings?

I got message when I try opening " Read failed: no such file or directory". I got Wings 1.4.1
Open wings, under "file" there should be import, select the extension the model uses (usually .obj or .3ds), find the model where you saved it and it should pop up. Wings can't open .x files (but can export those though ;D ) since Wings doesn't support armature, animations and stuff.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:19 am »
Not open again this same error.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2011, 03:48:31 pm »
Not open again this same error.
Check if the model is not corrupt or your Wings has installed fully (re-install may help).

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #343 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:26 pm »
Check if the model is not corrupt or your Wings has installed fully (re-install may help).

I uinstalled wings so which tools download for free? Blender or what? I am total uber newbie with 3D stuff but I want to learn something. What do you suggest?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #344 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:28 pm »
I'd personally suggest you to join this community, then get the legal free distributive of 3ds max 2010, 2011 or 2012 (I recommend 2010) from it, and then start learning by watching the tutorial videos on the youtube.