Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145060 times)

Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2011, 08:28:07 pm »
Well I have to say that if you can then try 3ds max its well used in game productions, however if you want a freeware software then choose Blender (side note if you on mac or linux blender may be the better choice).

« Reply #346 on: November 17, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »
some question about equipment:
as far as i know there would be 2 armorslots for the future: Head and body.
How will wearing accesoires work? Will backpacks and sunglases get extra slots or can they be equiped from inventory?
Can that anybody explain, please?
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2012, 08:56:42 pm »
Probably a dumb question but.How long,after all of the models have been uploaded,will it take to actually implement 3d into the game?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2012, 10:27:52 pm »
Probably a dumb question but.How long,after all of the models have been uploaded,will it take to actually implement 3d into the game?
O O, I know the answer!!!!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:18 pm »
Depends. If it is a piece of armor or anything else you can wear, then it requires rigging to the human model itself and you can pretty much kick it into the game. But if you mean when will all the scripts show up to allow us to get these things like clothes in the game without using admin commands and other nonesense of which I understand absolutely nothing, then nobody really knows.
O O, I know the answer!!!!
Please cut this bullshit... It's not even relevant to the question and blatantly bombarding every post with a question that includes "When" or "How long" with the answer SOON(tm) is old and by that I can easily tell you are very easily affected by crowd, therefore, you dream for an iPhone/iPad or any other Apple product (if you don't have one already) and you generally become extremely stereotypical which ofcourse then leads to you and other million people that are inhabitants of this planet (presuming you do live on Earth) are comparable to retards.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:06:31 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2012, 11:12:23 pm »
No I meant after all of the armors/guns/critters are complete how long will it take to actually implement them all into the game?

« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2012, 11:45:24 pm »
No I meant after all of the armors/guns/critters are complete how long will it take to actually implement them all into the game?
They must be animated, the ingame render with effects should be done, they must be scripted so the correct model distribution will work... The most easy answer is "a while".

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2012, 01:26:49 am »
To be honest, we could implement a very basic version quite quickly. For a small number of objects, we'd need :
1) Death animations for female
2) Some way of sorting out this animation timing problem (the enemy dies before you punch/shoot)
3) If I understand it correctly, death animations for armours would need "slicing up" in the same way
4) Tidying up the basic models / textures a bit
5) A couple of hair models
6) Linking existing armours and weapons to the 3d models
7) A few base textures / hairs / beards to choose from at game start
8) Tweaking the rigs on some models to remove clashes/glitches
9) Something else I've forgotten

If those were done, we'd be able to replicate what we already have in game, in 3D at a fairly crude level, i.e. basic male and female with existing sets of armour and weapons. The animation timing thing is a problem which we don't know how to solve yet, the death animations are in progress by Karpov now and the rest of the list is all stuff which is quite straightforward (and anyone could do with a little instruction), though in some cases time consuming.

For the more polished version, we'd need quite a while longer to get it to "look right" (adjust lighting, effects etc) and to rig and resize all additional content, make inventory/floor sprites and to implement the additional armours as things which have stats and appear in shops etc. There'd also need to be some in-game scripts written to change base clothing - i.e. a clothes shop similar to the existing barber shop.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #353 on: June 18, 2012, 09:50:09 am »
Which pretty much refers to -
If you mean when will all the scripts show up to allow us to get these things like clothes in the game without using admin commands and other nonesense of which I understand absolutely nothing, then nobody really knows.
And yet again concludes us to -
Nobody really knows.

The animation timing thing is a problem which we don't know how to solve yet.
But it has been like that since the start of FOnline...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:58:02 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2012, 12:05:13 pm »
So why not implement the beta version of 3d era now, just with the basic male/female models and basic customisation interface in the start? At least some motivation for the community, because i think the 3d ATM doesn't get this much excitement like earlier.

And the rest like shops, critters, can be added later.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »
Well, the 3D stuff is separate from the actual 2238 dev stuff, so we don't have any control over what goes in game. However, I think once 1-9 off that list are done, we can at least set up a downloadable and finished test repo for people to look at (which would only be the base SDK TLA version, but in 3D). After that it's down to the 2238 dev team to work out if/when they can start implementing things.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »
Sooo, a week? A month?

« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »
Sooo, a week? A month?

Why do you even ask?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
It's hard to work out, because there's no way of telling how many volunteers would be working on it at any time, and how much free time they'll have. Potentially, there could be something crudely usable on a test server in a couple of months. Obviously, it can be made faster by more people helping.

It would be really helpful if someone could get the normal maps working in game. There's a lot of bits I could finish off if that was sorted.

Note that all devs and 3D devs are secretly professional international footballers, so Euro 2012 will probably delay things a little :P

« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2012, 07:36:18 pm »
Is there other projects than 2238 that use 3d?