Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145734 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:49 pm »
Forget about the VBHuman! It's not used! Use the FOHuman only!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 09:01:19 pm »
Forget about the VBHuman! It's not used! Use the FOHuman only!
VBHuman is used defaulty by SDK. Also i don't know if client launch fo3d files automatically, that's why I asked if replacing VBHuman content by FOHuman's one was required.

Would you mind if I ask you to write me a little tutorial, like "HOW I DID RIGHT AFTER DOWNLOADING SDK" maybe here or anywhere you want (irc ?)

EDIT: I copied the whole SVN to my client and just tried couple of param commands. None worked, like if _FOHuman.fo3d wasn't in use. So.... Is their a 2238 brotherhood keeping secrets about how to use those 3D models or just some details I missed... ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:51:50 pm by Valkirie »

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »
Help me out ! :P

Offline Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2011, 03:55:09 am »
The visual quality of the critters never was the reason for us to go for 3d models. It's solely the customization aspect and nothing else. Especially because we want to try to make the 3d models look like the original 2d critters, the above logic (old graphic = sux, nobody wants it) is invalid.

Not in 2238, as was said already a few times.

since the original models of fallout where made initially in 3D and then renderized (like many other games) there is a posibility to renderize (yes i know it dont writes like that) the new 3D models, in a faster and not manually way, for keep the look of the old ones?

I LOVE THE OLD ONES 2D WAS AWESOME, if there is a way for get the old 3D models... maybe money can make that... i will donate REALLY like 1000M$ (mexican pesos wich isnt  really much) to this cause if you could pay to Black Isle for they, tough i think they are completely erased from the existence (cryes)

also i wish to know if after 3D is implemented we will be able to use our own 3D animation into the game, like is doing already with the incomplete 2D animation, im unable to help now to the 3d working, but if things going good i will able time for make some animatons, wich i want to see into the game, only for lok good of course
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:56:47 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Offline Gray

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2011, 05:37:06 pm »
since the original models of fallout where made initially in 3D and then renderized (like many other games) there is a posibility to renderize (yes i know it dont writes like that) the new 3D models, in a faster and not manually way, for keep the look of the old ones?
Inasmuch as sprites were rendered from 3D models, it is possible to make 3D models unrecognizable similar to sprites unless they are static. In dynamic they in any case will look better because of smooth 3D animation and fixed 2D framerate (10 frames/sec, speaking about Fallout sprites).

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »
Still need help  ;D Is their any fonline 3D pro ?

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 11:26:35 am »
I don't see any new Karpov's movie about animations. Does it complete?

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2011, 05:23:29 pm »
Well I just made the ghoul model now I moving to the supermutant if you can do good animations I think you could help out with one of these don't know if Karpov will have time to animate them too. I will be busy in the next month so there is a chance I will be able to do only an armature for them (at least ghoul has same animations for some as human).
Btw something along animations would it be ok to give more weapon to the poor ghouls and mutants. I don't see why the ghouls shouldn't be able to use hammers, smgs, pistols and clubs. Also mutants could use knife, spear, hammer and club too (last three in one hand). With 3d it shouldn't be a problem as long as its a welcomed idea.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2011, 04:33:47 pm »
let's make super mutants be able to use small guns too, i mean pistols and rifles(F3+NV they use hunting rifles and assault rifles)

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2011, 04:50:58 pm »
Well I don't know about small guns haven't played fallout 3 nor New Vegas (the later one will change I think though).
With 3d it would be possible to make easily but the question goes would it look good, I suggested the knife club hammer and spear since they should be usable by an over-sized hand too, but would the finger of supermutant could fire a rifle well we can look into it but I think it wouldn't look good (same could be said to my idea too) anyways one of the devs will surely give an answer till the model is fully ready (at least a week or so could be more).

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »
If you want to know my opinion - SM shouldn't be able to use small guns, same goes to ghouls, which shouldn't be able to pick up a big gun or energy weapon. Like in many MMO, in Fonline humans should be something universal, a gold middle between other "races". Though, when 3D will be implemented, I believe that it's a pretty good idea to give humans some disadvantages according to others:

For example:
Super mutants should get some bonus while using BigGuns/Energy (can't use anything except BG/EW)
Ghouls should get some bonus while using SmallGuns (can't use anything except SG)
Humans should get some bonus while using Melee/Unarmed (can use any type of weapon)

Offline spike allen

• C88 cannon fodder
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »
Humans should get some bonus while using Melee/Unarmed (can use any type of weapon)

Why should they be better in HtH than super muties? I still remember one of the  endings in F1, overseer gets punched to death and he is using 2x gatlings:)

« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2011, 09:55:56 am »
I don't see any new Karpov's movie about animations. Does it complete?

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2011, 11:18:51 am »
If you want to know my opinion - SM shouldn't be able to use small guns, same goes to ghouls, which shouldn't be able to pick up a big gun or energy weapon. Like in many MMO, in Fonline humans should be something universal, a gold middle between other "races". Though, when 3D will be implemented, I believe that it's a pretty good idea to give humans some disadvantages according to others:

For example:
Super mutants should get some bonus while using BigGuns/Energy (can't use anything except BG/EW)
Ghouls should get some bonus while using SmallGuns (can't use anything except SG)

Ummm... no, man... That seems to be wrong. Ever played Fallout Tactics? Mutants were able to carry anything! However, they were most profficient with unarmed and big guns, heck, they were shooting those snipers and rifles with 1 hand! However, I think I read somewhere mutants have badly trained eyes or something like that, so they got a quite low perception - no super mutant sniper which can't be knocked down for you :P. Ghouls should also be able to use Laser rifle, laser/plasma pistol maybe flamer and rocket launcher. Plasma rifle and all other big guns shouldn't be supported, because of theyr weight or huge recoil. Laser rifle is using the wrong sprite in Fallout 2 anyway. Humans should get no bonus at all - they are able to use everything while mutants and ghouls only certain weapons. EDIT: There are 2 antidotes in the 3D tracker/wiki
I haven't seen Karpov himself on the forums for some time  :-\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:41:09 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2011, 12:05:33 pm »
Thanks Harald, I'll fix the tracker issue once I'll get an access to my PC. Concerning these 'races' you might be right too, I just didn't thought much about it.