Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145759 times)

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 04:06:06 am »
Is it possible get 3D Karpov models with all clothes into SDK? When will it be implement into SDK?

What is SDK?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2011, 08:19:44 am »
What is SDK?
server development kit or something
it basicly gives you all the tools needed to make your own server

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2011, 10:49:21 am »
server software development kit or something
it basicly gives you all the tools needed to make your own server and game
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2011, 03:29:37 pm »
NEW QUESTION:

In order for these 3D models to become in effect, will a wipe be necessary or just a HUGE update?

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »
NEW QUESTION:

In order for these 3D models to become in effect, will a wipe be necessary or just a HUGE update?

Like we will need to recreate our chars (to be able to customize them), I guess there will be a wipe.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2011, 03:44:52 pm »
Like we will need to recreate our chars (to be able to customize them), I guess there will be a wipe.

Makes sense. Just sucks that we cant keep what we've worked for and have one chance to "re-customize" our character. haha Or get a makeover from certain places like in Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2011, 04:51:33 pm »
I've got a tricky question.

The way I understand it the armour mesh is attached to a base body mesh, so the armour parts of a armour are used and the cloths are from the base mesh, right?

If that is true, why are there pants (and arms?) on the texture for the metal armour? The whole texture is 256x256 but only about 86x176 pixels(~23%) are used for the armour.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »
Perhaps, if someone knows about Shader language. I hope we can do anything about it sometime, because there are many other useful effects besides postprocessing, like alpha layers, or specularity.
It'd look like censor stuff :>

Writting some programs should be a way to go, even though I can imagine some people having problems with their hw not doing well or handling only fixed stuff.
Also alpha is a little more trickier, because for good transparency you need to depthsort stuff first.
Anyway without specular term, all metal and power armors will look like (excuse me) shit.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:06 am »
Let's see if I understood your question pistacja. Textures are layered, first Layer is the skin tone, without any clothes. Adding a second layer on top of that, will change the texture to the one that I choose for that layer, but it will only apply to the parts I select. I divided the model into 9 different subsets for this purpose, so I just tell the game to add a certain texture to the chest, another texture to the legs, and none for the arms.

And yes, HLSL is heavy stuff, moslty programming.

OK, reading back what you wrote pistacja, I get what you mean. Those textures were from Van Buren, Gray used them as a base, and he even used it for the pants in the armor, but I deleted those and the texture is not used anymore. A shame because they were good pants  :). With the new combat armor textures I made a different layout, put all in one file and erased the parts that were not needed.

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2011, 09:28:37 am »
Where can I get a UV mapping tutorial for Wings? I haven't found any on the internet.....

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2011, 10:20:58 am »
I found this one nice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXSu4dI-R3g

Also, if you want, I can make a tutorial, I'm bored anyway.

I also found out many stuff like edge loop select and other stuff, great vid too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrV_YFnOGzU&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:34:24 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2011, 11:02:16 pm »
Sure man if you got the time you should defenetly write one ;)

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 07:16:41 am »
I seccond that wings is real good and easy I'm sure if you write a tutorial Haraldx the you surely increase the potential number of the people who could work on the 3d models. I will look forward to your tutorial tough I mainly use blender but sometimes I go back and play around with wings too.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »
Is anyone working on specular lighting and targeting contours? ( with all due respect, releasing anything without them, would be really letdown, curently models look way too mat and bring ingame, unlike well rendered sprites )
Also are 3d shadows going to be transparent (or even soft)? - Shadowmaps would be really cheap for fonline, and in past decade they've been used in numerous RTS titles.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:53:14 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2011, 03:37:22 pm »
I don't really know how it will be but creating sprite like textures not that hard the thing that needed is a big texture with some noise resized to under 100x100 the smaller it is the more distorted it became and finally it gives a similar look to old 2d games also its possible to create the textures at 50x50 that way they can be painted like sprites too though I personally find the new models good as they are.