Author Topic: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)  (Read 145069 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Questions and Answers 3D (read the first post before asking a question)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 01:37:29 am »
Yes, but it looks strange imo. Some weapons are ok, like spear, etc. But the minigun and such... it just looks strange. I personally would keep it without any weapons on the bag at all.

Offline Gray

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 01:58:58 am »
Well, it need some attention anyway, maybe different pivot for some unusual weapon like minigun. But it is not as demanding as animations, that I was talking about.

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2011, 03:05:57 am »
We need a hole in torso, as well as brain explosion.

Hole in torso is ok if you actually get hit in the torso, but not if you suffer a critical shot in your eyes, which is what happened in the original Fallout games.

I'm not saying "no hole in torso animation" but "no hole in torso animation when hit in the eyes". There is a difference.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2011, 03:31:13 am »
I can choose which weapons are to be visible on the back. Or I can deactivate it entirely, but it still looks weird, just like the original minigun animation with the "Magical Pocket". Maybe it is just because we are used to it that it does not seem strange. I think I'm already getting used to this 3D model, that's why I come here and ask for opinions.
 In any case, since the weapon attachments configurations are handled by a text file, it could be easily deactivated, as an option in the config tool.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 09:37:35 am »
Hole in torso is ok if you actually get hit in the torso, but not if you suffer a critical shot in your eyes, which is what happened in the original Fallout games.
It isn't only happens in original Fallout games. Yesterday, while playing FNV I've mentioned the same thing (shooting torso causes brain explosion etc.). So, I'd prefer to leave it as it is, and consider it a legacy of the original.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 11:09:19 am »
while playing FNV I've mentioned the same thing (shooting torso causes brain explosion etc.)

I think you accidentally hit the head then, because else it does not happen in the game.

About weapons on back: Yes, as everything is in a file on clients side, modifications of it are no problem.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 12:16:34 pm »
A question to 3ds max users:

Had anyone problems with render to texture where some parts just don't get rendered?
Its not the case where images don't get saved when using mentalray, these are not missed rays or a bad cage, just whole uv islands rendered pitch black.

I have this problem with Kaprovs mesh and for the love of God, can't fix it. Seting identical material ID, smoth grups, mapping channels or welding verts has no visible effect. 

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »
I think you accidentally hit the head then, because else it does not happen in the game.
I'm pretty sure I didn't. Coz it was rather a groin shot, than a torso (I mean bottom part of torso). Maybe there's still a small chace to get such effect just like in the original games?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 02:07:35 pm »
You probably have the Bloody Mess Perk (yes, Perk in NV) which causes random libs to explode/get removed when getting shot.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »
Is it possible get 3D Karpov models with all clothes into SDK? When will it be implement into SDK?

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 03:32:23 pm »
Is it possible get 3D Karpov models with all clothes into SDK? When will it be implement into SDK?
It is possible. It will be implemented when it's done, but not 100%sure.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2011, 11:13:29 am »
Where do you set your seams for UV usually on human mesh?

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »
Where do you set your seams for UV usually on human mesh?
From what I know the most popular layout is a pelt with cut hands, feet and head. The seams go down the spine on the inside of legs, the arms have the seam on the uper side. The head has a seam on the back if the face will be animated then the lips are cut to have a hole. Hands (and feet) are just planar from top and bottom and joint on the outside (by the little finger) for hi-poly every finger is unwraped.

The model we use is cut in the waist, legs and arms are also cut. The torso has a seam on one side (the other is connected to the back).

The rule of thumb is to put seams where natural seams on clothin appear (best for cylinder-like geometry mapped independent ) or to have as little seams as you can (pelt).

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »
Will there be some kind of effect / layer or what ever it is called which could pixelate the 3D models in-game? Just to make them look more like 2D sprites.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »
Will there be some kind of effect / layer or what ever it is called which could pixelate the 3D models in-game? Just to make them look more like 2D sprites.

Perhaps, if someone knows about Shader language. I hope we can do anything about it sometime, because there are many other useful effects besides postprocessing, like alpha layers, or specularity.