Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242717 times)

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2011, 04:29:57 pm »
Well, right one is better for me ;p
And even if it's not "soon", "later" is OK as long it's not "never" ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »
On the left one, the legs look too big compared to the upper body. That's the only thing I can nitpick on it for now. Maybe it's just the perspective, though.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2011, 04:39:50 pm »
It's only just visible as a vague light-coloured area on "overzoom", and maybe a pixel or two at standard zoom, so I think ultimately we just use our imaginations :-)

Also, female combat leather jacket is currently being checked with Karpov.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2011, 04:44:03 pm »
It's only just visible as a vague light-coloured area on "overzoom", and maybe a pixel or two at standard zoom, so I think ultimately we just use our imaginations :-)

Also, female combat leather jacket is currently being checked with Karpov.

very good. :)

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »
On the left one, the legs look too big compared to the upper body. That's the only thing I can nitpick on it for now. Maybe it's just the perspective, though.

No, I agree with you. The left and right have different upper body size but same size legs. The only difference on legs is the wider stance (right.)

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »
I think they're bullets. Especially seeing as it's a COMBAT Leather Jacket.

I on the other hand think iits a sleeve that original leather jacket didn't have. Anyways - as i said before - i dont think it matters, since details are to small to see if these are bullets or stitches.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »
I on the other hand think iits a sleeve that original leather jacket didn't have. Anyways - as i said before - i dont think it matters, since details are to small to see if these are bullets or stitches.

Come to think of it, they MAY be stitches afterall. Seeing as the original LJ didnt have a sleeve there and then the CLJ could've been modeled after it and they just sowed a sleeve on. :)

Not that it makes a damn. Just saying.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »
No, I agree with you. The left and right have different upper body size but same size legs. The only difference on legs is the wider stance (right.)
The power-armor is overally more bulkier - that makes it look just massive and unstoppable.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gray

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »
Power Armor...
  There's been a lot of talk about this. If you ask me I like them when they look as a person in a suit. I already said this, but the only way I have to make them like in the sprites is changing the bone structure, it would not just need a Power Armor but a "Power Skeleton" too. That would be an extra work.
Well, it's an intricate question. On one hand, we are trying to rebuild sprites in 3D, but on the other hand, sometimes sprites goes too far in their grotesque. If regular fallout character has 3 feet shoulders, PA/APA has all 5 feet. I think, it's really too much. We should feel the edge between following the original and blind copying.
I've changed nothing since that time:

So, most probably  it's just the perspective.
Look at this. I think, it's heroic enough. What else do we need?
Put it near the sprite APA to have something to compare after all.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 05:21:49 pm »
The power-armor is overally more bulkier - that makes it look just massive and unstoppable.
That's not my point. I understand that fact. just talking about the legs

Offline Gray

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »
Wait a bit...

Have you changed a head? It's looks bigger then on my model. It may cause some misunderstanding of its' size.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2011, 06:03:13 pm »
Wait a bit...

Have you changed a head? It's looks bigger then on my model. It may cause some misunderstanding of its' size.

that stance on the right just looks so much tougher and cooler.

the one on the left looks like a fat robot trying to do a jumping jack

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:49 pm »

the one on the left looks like a fat robot trying to do a jumping jack
The one on the left isn't an animation...
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »
Come to think of it, they MAY be stitches afterall. Seeing as the original LJ didnt have a sleeve there and then the CLJ could've been modeled after it and they just sowed a sleeve on. :)

Not that it makes a damn. Just saying.

Yeah I think the same, especially because of the item description, *searches Wiki then copypaste*:

"You'll definitely make a fashion statement whenever, and wherever, you rumble."

Offline Gray

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
Cryptopsy, please, stop flooding. You are everywhere and your posts are useless a bit more then completely.