Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 242756 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »
Ok, here is the APA  :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXyBDp6ea9Y

Works fine but there is an area in the upper arm that needs to be fixed,  separating that lower shoulder plates from the arm might work. Anyway , it looks great!.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2011, 11:56:24 pm »
It's the bigger scalled model? Because I think he looks unnatural big. And the minigun looks strange. :p It looks still as if it doesn't have a lot power. Maybe it's due to the lack of muzzleflash and stuff, don't know.

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2011, 02:48:28 am »
It's the bigger scalled model? Because I think he looks unnatural big.

Yeah, the dude definitely looks 8 feet tall.  Why are they being upscaled 110% again?  I think they look fine as the same size as normal dudes, it's more realistic and less cartoonish.  The old 2D APAs and PAs don't look like that.

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2011, 04:36:48 am »
Another thing about it, I don't know if this matters as of now but, a Male is in the armor right?  Why is he walking like a girl?

Pay close attention at 0:07-0:11, and then when he undos the helmet a male is inside.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Offline Gray

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2011, 06:18:27 am »
Works fine but there is an area in the upper arm that needs to be fixed,  separating that lower shoulder plates from the arm might work.
Lower shoulders designed as a part of upper arms, just animate them together and it will be fine. The same problem has PA. I've designed lower shoulders as movable, but they are a part of shoulder mesh and not affected by upper arms. Designing the APA, I was trying to avoid that problem and made them as a part of arm, but with the same result :)
One more thing, there are strange black triangles on the inner side of the legs, near the groin. Looks like the texture has gone.

It's the bigger scalled model? Because I think he looks unnatural big.
I don't think so. Can't be sure until it will be compared with sprite APA. I've made it scaled, maybe it was scaled in the game twice?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:47:29 am by Gray »

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:04 am »
Another thing about it, I don't know if this matters as of now but, a Male is in the armor right?  Why is he walking like a girl?

Pay close attention at 0:07-0:11, and then when he undos the helmet a male is inside.

I guess thing is what Karpov said: "Works fine but there is an area in the upper arm that needs to be fixed".

If the armor looks too big, simply scale it bit smaller. But IMO, it should be bigger than other armors, as it is in original sprites. This makes the char look more powerful.

Anyway, the armor doesn't need to be much bigger, our eyes will recognize even little change in the size.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2011, 08:27:31 am »
I guess thing is what Karpov said: "Works fine but there is an area in the upper arm that needs to be fixed".

If the armor looks too big, simply scale it bit smaller. But IMO, it should be bigger than other armors, as it is in original sprites. This makes the char look more powerful.

Anyway, the armor doesn't need to be much bigger, our eyes will recognize even little change in the size.

This
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:05 am »
It seems that APA doesn't looks much worse after reducing number of polygons by 2.
It could be reduced further, but I'm not sure if the shape will stay correct.
Of course, textures should be corrected as well, if someone would use it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:44:43 am by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 08:49:20 am »
It seems that APA doesn't looks much worse after reducing number of polygons by 2.
Umm.... I don't even understand what happend to his helmet :/
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2011, 08:51:48 am »
Umm.... I don't even understand what happend to his helmet :/
Helmet and everything else is ok. The only problem is that after reducing number of polygons, texture should be fixed.

Offline Gray

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:28 am »
The armor is made with 110% scale of normal human.
It should be exactly 110% of human size. Not more, not less.
Comparison with sprite needed.
In static only.
Можно хоть до 500 уменьшить, но анимация будет страшнее 100 китайцев ;)
PA has the same polycount and the half of triangles belongs to a helmet.
There's no sense in optimizing PA/APA further. They weights as much as 5 miniguns, but they are much more rarely.

P.S.

Belt pouches blends with pants. I made them green.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:38:24 am by Gray »

Offline Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:38 am »
Before reducing polygons, better to test is it really needed?

I have PC that handles Crysis and whatever easily for example.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2011, 09:13:09 am »
There's no sense in optimizing PA/APA further.
Ok, boss ;)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2011, 09:14:18 am »
I have PC that handles Crysis and whatever easily for example.

:o My computer can run CoD4 on medium graphics with lag...

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2011, 11:59:30 am »