Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 240830 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 01:24:25 am »
Gray, if you are going to use part of the New vegas textures I think you should clean it up a bit. In New Vegas those armors belonged to the Remnants of the Enclave, and they are old and rusty. If you can manage to make it look like new, or at least in good condition, it would be great.

I had a problem with the leather jacket before, that's why I did not include it in the pictures. I was using an old jacket model for a newer version of the character, but I did not notice until I compared the models  >:( . Anyway, there it is. I will continue with the jacket for the woman.

Offline Gray

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2011, 05:34:25 am »
One more sleepless night.

2600 tris total.

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 08:28:47 am »
Gray you're awesome! I love this APA!!!  :D It's fucking falloutish and I WANT SEE IT IN ACTION MOVIE (YOUTUBE) FROM DIRECTOR KARPOV! OMG!

I can't wait to play with this armor! Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome...

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00:36 am »
One more sleepless night.
*Picture of APA*
2600 tris total.

That looks really nice! It could be little bit darker though. Great job anyway. :)

Is it possible to make the power armors bigger than other armors? Just like they are little bit bigger in original sprites. Now it looks a bit funny:

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 09:27:50 am »
Not really possible, because it will give problems with the anatomy. The power armor in the original games is wrong in that point-- no human could ever wear it.

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:47 am »
Not really possible, because it will give problems with the anatomy. The power armor in the original games is wrong in that point-- no human could ever wear it.

True, that human really couldn't wear it, but if we want to make the 3D models look as original as possible, it should be tried out. Then compare with the current size and see which one is better.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 10:32:57 am »
Holy shit  :o Envlave power armor looks great. Keep it good progress man.

(my avatar :D)

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:04 am »
What about other clothes/armors that are in original games? For example some gangsters in New Reno have that leather/jeans outfit with some sort of bandana etc. I asume that the new texture could do the trick, on the other hand it might not be enough.

Offline Gray

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:57 pm »
Is it possible to make the power armors bigger than other armors? Just like they are little bit bigger in original sprites. Now it looks a bit funny:

Yes, that scaling is a pin in ass. Sprites of PA and APA just scaled up to 110% without any structural changes justifying this scale. This is done to emphasize their originality, but the way how it's done (it's just zoomed >:() do not allow me normal way to do it looking good in 3D. I will try anyway.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 01:00:27 pm »
Awesome work!

Sorry, I'd already started on it :-(

Nah, it's okay, your one looks very good and it's good to have this CLJ as soon as you made it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 01:06:32 pm »
Awesome APA  ;D Gray u my master.
Nie ma opierdalania siÄ™! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 01:12:09 pm »
Please don't mess up the mobster models and don't 3d them unless it looks really good and also making the mobsters clothing to wear on character is cool idea +1.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 03:04:44 pm »
What about other clothes/armors that are in original games? For example some gangsters in New Reno have that leather/jeans outfit with some sort of bandana etc. I asume that the new texture could do the trick, on the other hand it might not be enough.
AFAIK we're going to model/texture fluffy stuff(Common clothes and other things) as well. That's what customization is for :D
Lexx - how about new characters? No more Vault Suit for them, ye? With 3d models we can start "naked" or whatever. ]:>
Vault suit should be an unique fluffy item! No moar hordes of bluesuits!

Edit:
That APA looks totally cool. I'm in love. :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:06:18 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »
AFAIK we're going to model/texture fluffy stuff(Common clothes and other things) as well. That's what customization is for :D
Lexx - how about new characters? No more Vault Suit for them, ye? With 3d models we can start "naked" or whatever. ]:>
Vault suit should be an unique fluffy item! No moar hordes of bluesuits!

There's one issue with this.  Everyone runs around as a bluesuit, so then everybody would be running around naked.  Who wants to walk into NCR and see a bunch of dudes in their underwear?  The clothing should be able to be chosen at character creation, along with skin, hair, etc.  Then in game there could be a clothing shop (different than armor shop) where you could buy a different set of clothes (as your default) for, say, 250 caps or something.  Of course, the default clothes would be 0/0% for resistances.
Just an idea.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 04:15:43 pm »

You start with pants, yes. I've also planned to add clothes to the game world that have nearly no stats and are just for look-- casual wear, etc. Stuff that the bums in the game wear and so on.