"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:29:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PK Epidemic and broken justice system  (Read 1166 times)

PK Epidemic and broken justice system
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »

First off I'd like to say I'm not sure which category this falls under, and I acknowledge the fact that this is a fallout mmorpg, and thus it being harsh, brutal and unforgiving is, in a sense, rather lore friendly.

But my fuck people what the hell are you thinking!?

First off, making it so that people who are idolized get to do whatever the fucking hell they want is completely retarded! All they need to do is exploit their way towards their place in competing to be the biggest douchebag on the server.

Also why the fuck is it that after just a few seconds, due to a mouse glitch, computer issue or otherwise something that isn't even remotely my fault do I instantly get -100 rep just for standing in a doorway for 5 seconds!? I mean have it automatically push me aside and freeze me for 2-3 seconds or something...

Stealing and Assault IN ANY GUARDED TOWN SHOULD BE MET WITH FUCKING DEADLY FORCE! THIS IS COMMON FUCKING SENSE PEOPLE!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:41:12 pm by Xanatos »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: PK Epidemic and broken justice system
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:24:47 pm »

It's a feature, and maybe a bad one at that, but not a bug. I'll be kind and move this to Suggestions instead of junking it for your language.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:27:14 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:24:23 am »

well i have to agree there are players with some pc related problems and loosing 100 rep just for standing in doors is bad :p so i think it realy should be treated by moving the player abit and if it cant be just lower penalty to 0-25.

About stealing/assaults ... its anoying ... it can make u seriously mad ... BUT its part of game just like in real life someone can actualy assault you or steal ur wallet so it would be lame to remove it u_u

avv

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:46:34 am »

The rep receiving system isn't working for players. First you shoot someone, then you pay it back by doing something completely pointless like gathering right items and sell them to an npc who doesn't give a damn. The methods to receive rep are completely out of place compared to losing it.

Here's a method to keep thievery at bay: when someone manages to steal from you, you can go to the sheriff/police and tell the thief's name. The thief get permanent rep drop of 100 points which cannot be repaid but following way:

The thief comes to the sheriff and gives him the items he stole, or equal ammount of caps. The one who was stolen from receives a message from local guard that the sheriff wants to talk to him. He goes to the sheriff npc and gets a dialogue option to forgive the thief and receive the items or caps back. This way the thief actually has to repent to get back the lost reputation. But the victim can always choose not to forgive.

About stealing/assaults ... its anoying ... it can make u seriously mad ... BUT its part of game just like in real life someone can actualy assault you or steal ur wallet so it would be lame to remove it u_u

But in real life the offenders are put in jail or mutilated by you. And nobody will tolerate their presence ever since if they are aware what this person has done.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.