"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 11:02:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: few suggestions  (Read 2067 times)

few suggestions
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:10 am »

1) randomiser of unaimed shots

every time you shoot unaimed there is a chance to hit random part of body (except fire,explosive and maybe plasma damage attacks and bursts)
it makes unaimed shots more useful and variable

i see it something like that:

Code: [Select]
 if(aim==HIT_LOCATION_NONE && valid(cr) && valid(target) && dmgType != DAMAGE_FIRE && dmgType != DAMAGE_EXPLODE)
     {
        int roll = Random(1,100);
        if (roll <= 5) aim=HIT_LOCATION_HEAD;
        else if (roll <=12) aim=HIT_LOCATION_LEFT_ARM;
        else if (roll <=19) aim=HIT_LOCATION_RIGHT_ARM;
        else if (roll <=26) aim=HIT_LOCATION_GROIN;
        else if (roll <=33) aim=HIT_LOCATION_RIGHT_LEG;
        else if (roll <=40) aim=HIT_LOCATION_LEFT_LEG;
     }

2) Block - new mode for critter
how it engaged:
block activated by trying to sneak while there is still cooldown (so its block instead sneak in combat because battle and sneak timeouts both affect sneak)
block wears off when blocking char attacks

how it works:
if attacker and blocking target at adjustment hexes or its melee attack that start block roll - compare unarmed/melee of target and atacker weapon's skills
block work on attacks to body/head/eyes/arms  - attacks to groin and legs unblockable.
block work only on front attacks (no blocking by back, not ninja turtles style)
block work only with unbroken arms.
block works only human-human combat (no blocking molerat's attacks, i think that unapropriate)
block dont affect fire/explosive damage
blocking works only if blocker's weapons lighter then 2kg (it makes only pistols and melee weaps no blocking with flamers and miniguns) and have light armor on them (no blocking in combat armour or metal armour).

how it affect:
succsesfull block decrase "chance to hit roll" for attacker and retarget attack to arms (maybe lowering damage for some degree)

examle: Sniper shot Unarmed figther to eyes point blank,  now there is check to simplify something like that (random(1,100) + target.unarmed - attacker.smallguns >50)
if succesfull there is random(0, target.unarmed/5) penalty for chance to hit and if hit, attack would go to arms instead eyes.

+as bonus to block - hth evade perk rework to apply block mechanic for distance attacks (yeah, Neo style), but with 50% to drop block after each blocking attempt for balance.

whole block concept is for light armed / unarmed chars, scouts and for adding variation for close range fights.
(shooter-unarmed hybrid with pistol at point blank range could block only-shooter-guy with rifle)

both game mechanics innovations work now on small russian RP server as small features and dont create imabalance at least as i know.

ps: sorry for bad english, if something unclear or you interested in that feature i could describe more detailed/ with code.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:54:42 am by z0m2h14 »
Re: few suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:22:13 am »

I do like the premise of randomizing unaimed shots. I think more than 75% should always hit torso, but this is a very good idea.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:26:01 am »

1)  i support this ideea 
also -> http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=13342.0
2)i like this ideea, but make it for melle caracters too

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

very interesting, I would love to test this one out, it might give single shot cowboys a chance.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:25 pm »

What's the point of randomizing random shots if the crit chance is equal to the base crit chance, thus pretty low mostly.

What comes to blocking, it won't work as long as players can turn around and run without a delay. If some melee dude came next to me and wanted to block, I'd just run away and shoot from a distance. There's no way he can keep track of my movements.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »

What's the point of randomizing random shots if the crit chance is equal to the base crit chance, thus pretty low mostly.

Well, if you hit limb/groin/head by unaimed shot, you will have the bonus crit chance of that limb as well as the critical table...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:20:36 pm »

Having crit chance and crit roll is not enough?
Anyway either chance to hit random limb will be low or whole idea will be pure unbalance

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:53:34 pm »

and also, rochet explosions shoud do that too,i mean: we can survive to a hell lot of rocket hits(right Quentin Lang?) allready and only lose 40 HP(wa za heck?)
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:09 pm »

i didnt know where i should put these, but here it comes, my guns collection:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:15:38 pm by z0m2h14 »

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »

OMG wtf is that
and that
and that

and most of it....  :o

Loled a lot, shocked a lot.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:24:11 pm by Doctor Eex »
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:24 pm »

and also, rochet explosions shoud do that too,i mean: we can survive to a hell lot of rocket hits(right Quentin Lang?) allready and only lose 40 HP(wa za heck?)
I think Rocket Launchers are as balanced as they could get, man. Nobody wants a FOnline with nothing but Rocket Launcher builds one hitting eachother.
fucken blackmore
gimme my hammer, guy

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 03:21:20 pm »

OMG wtf is that
and that
and that

and most of it....  :o

Loled a lot, shocked a lot.
look like a knife with a stomac
i think it is some testicles with sharpened gears in it
new trowing knive?

Abaddon Raptus

• Die for .NET
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 05:15:21 pm »

true weapon for rus pk:

OLOLOGUN, yeah!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.