"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 04:18:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The origins of the conflict  (Read 9690 times)

The origins of the conflict
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:44:52 am »

As each side have launched their worst trolldogs, I will try to recall the facts

1- Before beginning this session, we decided to build our RP on: "some kind of fascist lawyers who beleive hard in their laws and who want to impose their rules on a wasteland region (ie Judge Dredd)"

2- We took TOO MUCH time to have enough power to settle our project => meanwhile North cities were completly dominated by Rogues and CS alternately.

3- Rogues begun their project in BH => I was personnally very happy to hear that => at last some life in those boring dead north cities!=> everything was ok and TTTLA even sent delegations to BH where we were welcomed very well.

4- Something went wrong (probably because of us) => we were not welcomed in BH any more => VSB raided the bluesuits in BH and killed everyone (because of boredom?) => BH becomes soon a warzone => a bit later Rogues stop their project

5-
on our side, at last, RP project begun to take form and we chose Redding to settle it => we contacted Rogues (to see if we could have an agreement and sign a treaty)=> MSH said he would try to convince his team

6- We believed so hard in this treaty that Gasoil even made an artwork on it => it should be called "The Treaty of Golgotha"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DUxdPFq_-BM/TNrTbmZ7s1I/AAAAAAAAAGE/P6N36sgSpt8/s1600/Fonline12-Golgotha.jpg

7- But Rogues (and many other big gangs) soon leave server 2238 because of BOREDOM=> the treaty was never signed.

8-the server was empty and we begun our project without much trouble => as Stachi said, it was not much at the beginning : just people coming in and discuss about bullshit => but it was a new place in NORTH to enter and have some discussion (similar to BH project)

9 - The main idea was: gather people in an North town/ do some events without GM (combat slaves tournament/ trading/ special scenario well prepared on our forum who should involve newcomers and few "actors"

10- a very old team came back and had some "revival" : RDA => they made raids on Redding and thus bring some "natural" events to town

11-
CS came back and totally wiped out Redding and Wasteland was utterly dominated by them => everything was again frozen in north cities.

12- CURIOUSLY, CS came to us and propose a deal => TTTLA accepted but without warning the other alliance teams! => hopefully we finally managed to convince them of this alliance because otherwise server 2238 would be as always => soon empty because NOTHING happened

13- Redding project started again and CURIOUSLY , it was CS who created most animations in town (by doing some RP discussions with alt character and by making some raids by groups of 5-6 raider in Redding mine)

14- Some Rogues entered in town peacefully to enjoy town => they were systematically shot on sight even in bluesuit => we replied them that they needed to make some alts (like CS did) to enter city because our project was based on outlaw blabla...

15- Of course it was unacceptable and a pain in the ass to constantly need to log some alt to enter city and than relog a warrior in time of war and I UNDERSTOOD IT=> that's why I made a poll in our private forum to change our  TOO STRICT rules for the sake of the project => I'm sure we would have found a way with a bit of imagination

16 -TOO LATE => as I was discussing with MSH on IRC to negociate some new rules, an alliance made of RDA+Rogues  raped Redding.

17- Everything went TOO FAST => we stupidly changed the agreement with CS from "cease fire" to "full alliance" to cope with RDA + Rogues swarm (many players like Hololasima still refused to fight side by side with CS).

18- We made a bigger swarm (around 60) => BIG FAIL (I will not try to justify anything => we played very bad because 60 people from 10 different teams/langages is difficult to coordinate)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:04:52 am by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

VongJin

• Rogues
Re: The origins of the conflict
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:12:59 am »

He says the absolute truth as it is. Without sarcasm, false propaganda, trolling  or shit storm. And I must admit that I share his vision of the situation as it was and what it is now.

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:48 am »

see this is the problem if you did not want redding and take gecko you would be fine redding is to big of a town for the others to let go of
Brad Smalls is back

Cha

• Lawyer for Great Justice.
    • TTTLA FORUM
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:00 am »

Nice recall of the facts.

But asides from pure facts, there are a lot of personal/subjectives appreciations my friend  :-\

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:05 pm »

That's a good recap, Cryo, nice job. May the Rat God protect this thread from trolls...
Personaly, I wasn't on hand when we decided to make this treaty with CS, and I wasn't agree, because I was pretty sure Rogues and Co would take this the wrong way.
But the main goal of this treaty wasn't to make some big alliance to defeat Rogues, come back to the "NA vs DA" era, or shit like that.
This treaty specified that we HAD to start TC in the other towns everyday, CS were still shot on sight with their PvP chars...
I must ad the Redding Project is not supposed to make this town like NCR, but to try to create an area where random people could say "yeah, That is Fallout", where you can come without being shot on sight, but you are free to use your gun if you've got troubles, you can spend your time to something else than PvP...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:50:03 pm by Heckler Spray »
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:36:37 pm »

I must ad the Redding Project is not supposed to make this town like NCR, but to try to create an area where random people could say "yeah, That is Fallout", where you can come without being shot on sight, but you are free to use your gun if you've got troubles, you can spend your time to something else than PvP...

I don't know about the recent events (and frankly I don't care) but maybe your eyes are finally opened that the bolded part in your quote will never be possible with this sort of community, never.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:59 pm »

Yes, I suppose that's the difference between those who wanna try some kind of simulation of a postapocalyptic world, and those who miss counter strike...  :-[
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:50:43 pm »

Yes, I suppose that's the difference between those who wanna try some kind of simulation of a postapocalyptic world, and those who miss counter strike...  :-[

Hmm, I'm sorry , but are you claiming that the same people who run around going  " PK this, anti-PK that " are the same people who want to try some kind of simulation of post-apo world? Please.....
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 06:07:11 pm »

Aside from pk/antipk/counterstrike/internet dick measuring...

19- (...so what will be next?)
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »

never be possible with this sort of community, never.

I dont agree, community is very same on all games, here the game and north cities are very pro-pvp however. The thing is, the game must promote the project with splitting it to some extent between PVP and RP. I proposed some things to change that.

Anyways, back to current situation.

The Alliance (Redding alliance or how to call it), did all those things just to secure Redding project and keep it going. A Project is a lot harder to protect then an empty city and now it has turned into full scale war which was not the porpose (Yes, some mistakes was made, like Cryo said). I hope we can return somehow into state of peacefull Redding.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 06:29:26 pm »

ATM i wait for wipe that this endless nightmare stop even for little time.
But i think that Cryo talk like things really are now.

And if we got luckily maybe some "bad guys that shouldn't even play" will stop playing
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:32:46 pm by runboy93 »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

Hmm, I'm sorry , but are you claiming that the same people who run around going  " PK this, anti-PK that " are the same people who want to try some kind of simulation of post-apo world? Please.....

I don't see the link between the way of playing and the will of a credible world... pks and so called apks have their place in such a world.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »

I don't know about the recent events (and frankly I don't care) but maybe your eyes are finally opened that the bolded part in your quote will never be possible with this sort of community, never.

Well maybe a private town could work, like Gray Rock, that way you are sure only wanted players can interact with you, pretty much the only way to start a roleplay project in this game, unless your gang never sleep, i guess.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:07 pm »

Well maybe a private town could work, like Gray Rock, that way you are sure only wanted players can interact with you, pretty much the only way to start a roleplay project in this game, unless your gang never sleep, i guess.

Soon or later kid will send a spy in this private town and put 100 mutants... It is bad to say but Surf probably say the true, this community is to big and from to many origine and have to many goal to see few people making a project supported by all.
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:27 pm »

1) Does this server needs more content? (Yes)

2) Are there people that are trying to fill this server with content (Yes)

3) Is there any possibility how to help them with their effort?

My idea that would need little help from devs.

Use Junktown city, there is only one entrance, replace the guard script so guards would kill everyone who is not in the city member list and add rights to manage those invitations to players like Cryo, Lemark, Shangalar, the players who wants to more roleplay.

In the city, disable status of safe city, so everyone, who would be invited!! could attack everyone, but roleplayer creators could set their own rules based on player behaviour (not ingame rules, but rules among players like in Redding project). If somebody would ruin this roleplay (by avenger, mercs kind of abusing), those roleplayer creators could simply erase him from list and he would be killed immediately after visiting to this city. This would eliminate CS, Rogues, RDA, whoever raids to this community.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:10:23 pm by NixonVSB »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.