"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 04:38:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The origins of the conflict  (Read 9691 times)

Re: The origins of the conflict
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:07 pm »

as far i a know.

14 - no negociation attempt were made by them to avoid that. Also, the rogues team were dissoluted at this time. (there was no rogues team) So, it posed a problem of team to negociate with. (anyway, we have a public radio channel and many other way to be contacted by ones who want to negociate an access)

15 - A bit early to consider if our rules are too strict or not, as the poll just started when rogues attacked. So the poll was put behind, as we are in time of war, and discussing about how to wipe the ennemy. It's internal business, i think. (not to mention that we are a lot who discuss and have different point of view)

16 - As said before, our discussion about that just began. At the same time, RDA+Rogue were in town. So, we had to take guns instead of considering any deal.

17 - It mathematic. 2 > 1 while 2=2 . without that alliance, it's a lost battle. With it, it's a tight battle, with chances of victory on both side.

18 - Considering the 60 mercenaries and militian we had to face before reaching the ennemy, i don't think we would have been able to take the city, as we did, with only 10 players. (maybe 10 GM). But the number is not enough. strategy and determination are also crucial. But, i wont enter in details here.

I won't talk about players behavior or something.
Just that we reacted to the facts when they came to us, in a way that seems very logical, for me. Try to defend the city of redding at any cost, and try to give it a coherent political behavior when it's possible.

Kinkin

• In dust we trust!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »

I don't think agreement on full Alliance with CS is curious or stupid things, it's natural reaction to face ennemy, like North Bandits Alliance is. TTTLA and Allies was from his creation a TC-PVP Gang, like CS, we could also say after 2 years that CS become our "best" ennemy, i mean we had a lot of honorable fight with them on long long period, everyday when Rogues aren't here.

Just take look on what happened few days before North bandits appeared : We allied to RDA to crush CS the first day, the second and thrid day, we allied the Rogues to crush the CS, then RDA/Rogues become one teams so we allied the CS to face this new threat. The war start because of philosophy of Redding project and all moral values of our Alliance.

Rogues activity was ever variable, when they are here, they are dominating, when they are not here, things just get back to normal, and we can't blame them on what they do, as the other Tc-Pvp Gangs.

I don't agree about "60 people swarm epic fail" => this new war big war between too coalition just begin, remember long months of battle between DA/NA one year ago. The conflicts has to find an issue by total victory as usual. It's a fight to death, we all know that. TTTLA coalition like CS team can't afford to fight on their own against Busted Raiders+RDA+Rogues and former BHH. The situation just can't be different.

Yes being 60 in a team to fight is hard, yes it's need perfect coodination, yes it's boring on long terms, but we aren't responsible of that, Rogues and RDa aren't responsible too. It's about Gang and Tc system. There is absolutly nothing to do to balance teams and avoid these situations appears again and again. It's a cycle (HopeFully, 2012-12-21 is the end of the cycle :p)!

After everything, in old time of NA, like now, we are accused of "hiring every noobs on the server to fight the great only unique pro-pvp players Rogues".. NA, like our actual coalition never stopped working on Roleplaying in destination of everyone, you can't blame people who feel and find their interest in our redding project to fight for moral values we putted in this project.

I mixed facts and personnal opinions, not to troll, no to make people say "you're right/you're wrong". Both alliances want PVP, hard actions, everyday. Both Alliance are in the north because south doesn't have any interest, Both Alliances made Roleplay project for everyone, but not in secured town(we never think about creating a project like this one Vault City).

The only victims of this war will be roleplayers, and roleplayers want adventures, and they can't have it in secured town because it's "too public", Population isn't enough regulated.

Personnaly i'll never put the gun down until the end. And after all, nevermind all of "personal rivalries", it's a game, when you win it's fun, when you loose it's not. We just keep playing Fonline because it's like Poker, and nothing is written :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:04:45 pm by Kinkin »
In dust we trust!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 08:04:13 am »

wastelands need peace

Let the Force be with You.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 10:26:11 am »

wastelands need peace

I have some similar thoughts like Kinkin about this conflict.
As we seen, power isn't in numbers. We could be there even in 80 people but such number of people is hard to coordinate and everyone starting to act for her/his own. I've decided to join the project, because I liked the idea of bring some life to dead northern towns, that's the project.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »

I will try to summarize, why this conflit is so hard to deal with.

Personnaly, i am not a TTTLA, but very close to. (spending 90% of my in game time, playing with ex-cajuns mates)

I also have some misunderstood about considering TTTLA as not anti-pk. For me, if you kill (on sight) people who killed other players for no reason, in other to put more justice, you are an anti-pk. But, if we go deeply into it, TTTLA also has its own RP, which takes the role of a lawyer agency, which makes sure to punish those who not respect the law. An outlaw is not necessary someone who kill everyone else on sight. You can act badly, without pulling youself the trigger. You can scout for the ennemy, being complicite of murder, kill nice npc, use npc to kill players characters, being a thief, betray your fellows and do a rape base (like amboy dukes), and maybe other stuff that i forgot. If you kill all people who break those rules, it makes you an anti-pk, but not only, as you kill people who didn't necessary kill. (but you still are anti-pk, as you kill pk)

But, let's face it, there is a lot more outlaws than good guys. So, in other to still have impact on wasteland, TTT lawyer agency needs help from their friend and allies, who shares the same ideas, or, at least, part of it. These friend could be some VSB, c88, guardians, hawks, remains of cajuns, or even random players who wants to help.

Now, the Redding Projects comes, as creating a city, which its citizens (good guys, as the creators of this project, are) would be free to go, protected by militia, and Redding Alliance. As the project was build with the intent of a city of laws, we firstly killed the outlaws we saw. (the birth of the city, with no government, a fragile safety, and instalments to put)

But the Redding project is not only about TTTLA. There is an alliance, with various faction who believes on the project, (like those above, plus Tsarmatians, dark Alliance, troat slasher, more random players), help this project to grow up, invite more player to come, protect them, take back the city in case of TC attempt. More important, there is a new faction, the Wasteland widlife Protectors, dedicated to the city, with players from all sides, as long they are not outlaws. (more character, than players, as it is possible, for a same player to have various characters. Some are outlaws, others not)

In the town, we will have, for sure, some laws, to follow (and lawyers to write them and make them respected), but the Redding Project is not only about law. There are people who are able to come in a northern city without been shot. They are also protected from thieves. They can chat with us, make some trades (human, to human trade, with stuff on the ground, in a northern city, think about it), they can help us to fight outlaws, they can ask for help, in game, in the city, or in our public radio channel. There is a forum where they can apply for a job, or suggest one (policeman, lawyer, prosecutor, taxi driver, bus driver (for more people), caravan leader, and other stuff that i can't remember). There are also public trial, (in game) and possibility of appeal (in forum) for those who want to keep their characters and stop being an outlaw. The registrations in wwp are made mostly in game, by asking for an administrator by radio, and getting an appointment. (wich is more work for administrators, but encourage ingame communications)

Those things are just a beginning. We have peoples full of good ideas to make the life in redding more enjoyable, like Cryofluid or huitzillin (great RP players who don't kill anyone), KTT destroyer (the exit reporter, the only newspaper in the wasteland), Yanok and his mates, who helps Lou in Malamutes, and people who gets straight to their roleplay, considers their character as a person, different than themselves. Of course, we aren't all like them, but if the project keep growing, there will be more people, more rp, more ideas, more events, more jobs, more life in the north.
So i refuse to accept comment from raiders who say we do nothing in redding, except shoot outlaws and say "hi". (it happens anyway)

We got extremely lucky to start the project, in a period of relative peace in the wasteland. There were some TC attemps, but nothing we couldn't manage to defeat. So people were coming, the project started to grow, we could create the wwp faction, give them control of the city (they gave it to us, as i am more a wwp member than anything). With these people, we made some activities (as said above) and planned to add more. (and expected people to suggest some)
But this kind of project doesn't grow easily. We all have other stuff to do, characters to level up, money to gain, travel in the wasteland, not to mention our works and other activities in real life. So we managed to make something, but maybe not quickly enough. There is still a lot of things we can do. (and want to do)

But, it remains that we spent most of our time trying to make redding city live, with more or less success,  that we put the others pvp activities, a little behind, leaving only two forces on the Town Control battleground, the Red Dot Army/Buster Raiders/Broken Hill Hunters, and the chosen soldier/Dark Brotherhood. The rogues were left for good, and the little team (shi, nine ghouls...) finally abandoned the battle, for unkown reasons. So (it is what i assume) the Red Dot Army, and the Chosen Soldier, who plays fonline only or mostly for pvp battles, especially in town control, only had each other to fight agains't. But, on this game, the red dot army were a little less strong and a little less available, to allow enough fighting, for their ennemies, the chosen. So the chosen started to launch town control everywhere, waiting 15 minutes, then leaving. Pretty boring if you are here for pvp.It last a few days, until they attacked Redding.

And then, it was great. Old TTTLA alliance coming back the city. And not just them : new guys from wwp, coming to assist them. In addition those people really, really wants to defend their city. Great PVP battle for them, especialy if rogues and Red dot are away. So they focused their attention on redding, in other to have the best pvp battle they could get. Better, the red dot army and rogues (not together) also came in redding to fight. So they had good reasons to stay.

But, on our side, it was pretty hard to face it. First, the time Redding is in ennemies hand, our citizens got shot, our militian kill them instead of protecting them. The place become no secure at all. When the city was took by us, then took back again by the ennemy, it shows that we are here, strong enough to face the ennemy, but not to secure the city. Then, when we manage to keep the city, for consecutive days, the life in Redding come back very slowly, with people who still have difficulties to believe that we were able to keep the city safe. (and the first coming only say "hi" and shoot outlaws, as we need safety) Some of them don't even come back, which hurts the project a lot. Endless battles, hurts the project, deeply slowering it.

So it came the idea, to look forward an agrement, with the ennemy, that could preserve the city, its rules, the project itself, without betraying ourselves.
It came to an understanding, that what we wanted was the control or Redding (with our rules, not some dictated by the ennemy, no matter how strong he is), and what chosen wanted, that was pvp agains't us. So, we had a long period of negociation, with the chosen, on one side (some of their conditions were unacceptable, like unallow militia), and with the various factions of our alliance, as we don't work as a monarchy. (the idea of a treaty itself, wasn't something we decided quickly) I repeat, the negociation were long as no one wanted to signe a treaty in they can't believe in.

The treaty itself seems very fair to me, as, we keep controlling redding, with our own rules. Our ennemy remains our ennemy. There is still pvp fight with 3 forces on the battleground. (there was nothing signed to make CS defend us, if Red Dot Army attack us, same thing in the other side) There is some trade between ennemies. (jet for uranium) The Chosen have enough fight and we have enough rp. Giving them Broken Hills is maybe a lot, but, as i said, it was a treaty with a lot of factions, so i can decide for everyone (especially the chosen)

Then, you came, changing everything, creating an alliance with Rogues and Red Dot Army (the North Bandit), and focusing on Redding and Broken Hills. As you were two of the main forces on the battlefield, the two remaining forces allied themselves to counter you, not to mention that the cities you were focused, were the cities we both signed a treaty about. So, you became a common ennemy, for us, an ennemy than none of us could handle alone. So, i don't see any non sense about this temporary alliance. (as they want pvp battle, we will happily fight agains't each other, if we manage to wipe you down)
But this time, the challenge is more difficult, as you are two big teams, with almost infinite caps, huge amount of mercenaries, and available, all the time, taking back the cities in the morning, while we are two on the server. It's a big challenge, which needs big ressources, as we want to defend

Redding at any cost, even if we have to get our hands dirty, to act as bad as the ennemy, and to break our rules. Make no mistake, for wwp members, Redding is ours. Without Redding, we are just some ghost in the woods. So, there no doubt we will fight until the end.

But this huge army of supermuties, this huge alliance, your outlaw behavior, is not something we blame you for. The game itself allow you to buy supermuties, to earn caps, to make allies, and there is no rules on the server who prevent players from killing each other. More important, fonline would be far less interresting without pvp battle. The Redding Project wouldn't have any purpose, if the server unallowed player killing. Redding guardians needs raiders to fight agains't. Lawyers need outlaws to prosecute. We are in the wasteland, not in peaceland.

But, for other things i will be less empathetic :

- Trolling on forum. As it's outside the game itself, i consider this, somehow, like an attack agains't the players themselves.

- Using proxy/dual log/fast relog/multi log/focd/mumble scout and other stuff. It is pure cheat.

- Attack TTTLA policy agains't outlaw, and take this as a reason to attack Redding. First : TTTLA aren't the only people who cares about Redding. Second : Day of election was officially annouced when you attacked. So you prevented wwwp citizen to decide their own future, to keep their distances from their creators. Third : This policy allows various way to be dealt with.(notices of apeal, trial, alt...) Four : Do you think a city could be safe, if murderers are going around, ready to shoot any citizen on sight. Five : They have a policy. They doing something other than shoot everyone on sight. Is that something you want to blame ?

- Complaining of being shot in Redding, while you shoot everyone else outside Redding. (and in Redding now) We don't allow murderer in the city. The point is  clear. Create an alt/stop murdering/try to negociate a deal, like to buy a 1h free access. (or wait the election)

- Saying there was no RP in Redding. Read above.

- Blame us for the treaty with Chosen. I think is fair, as said above. More important, you attacked us before proposing altenatives. (after faking to be on Redding side)

- Blame us for the temporary alliance with chosen.  It Was made to counter your own north bandit alliance. You created north bandit counter alliance, by creating north bandit alliance.

- Prevent Redding Election from taking place in the city.

- Being responsible for the actual situation of the server. Only two big forces on battlefiel. Poor diplomacy.

- Both responsabilities, between you and the server rules. As you buy 100 mercenaries every day, their prices keep going high. Some are 10 more expensive that they've usually been, which affect the whole server, as a lot of player simple can't afford any more, to buy a single mercenary. (so their leader/maybe only character, become useless). It's not only you, but the rule of mercenaries dynamic prices, which make this disaster happenning.

- Not having a clear position.

If you want to make a treaty with us, it is still possible, as long it won't break the other treaty we made, and, more important, our own rules, about how to handle the city. You did nothing to make Roleplay growing in Redding. It is Redding Project, not Roguing project. We could negociate about diplomatic issues, not WWP internal affairs, which are, at the discretion of its own citizens. Talking like you could dictate to us our own internal rules, is an insult, to every member of the project. If you want to change our laws, apply for citizenship and ask for a vote. A murderer can't vote to allow murder.

If, in the opposite, your only goal is to destroy us, to destroy our project, and to destroy the entire wasteland, then do it. (of course, we will defend ourselves, and try to win) You have the ressources, you have the men, you have the will. It is possible for you to succeed. But if you do this, then stop saying bullshit. We didn't want this war. (we just try to avoid defeat). You chose to attack us. You chose to create north bandit faction. It's you choice.

So, choose your side and stick to it. Don't attack us saying that it is our fault, that you are the victim. We all know it is wrong.

I holp you will make yourself clear, and stick to one position. So we could discuss (or fight)

Our position, i my opinion, is deeply clear.

Yours : We still expect to hear it....

Edit 1 : I tried to not troll and be as most empathetic as i can. So don't troll, please. If your point is to destroy us, you could say it.
Edit 2 : I also talk about what your guys said in others topic. So, don't worrry if you just read this one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:59:50 pm by naossano »
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »

I have bad experience of long messages, most people here dont have enough power to read them thought i can tell you. Anyways, i agree with most of it.

I hope to hear some clear respons from Rogues here (how they see the situation). The thing is, i know you guys want to pvp, but, we want to RP (at least big part of us), maybe there is a way to make it work for both of us.  8)

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:31 am »

Hey guys here's a fact: origins of a conflict are simple as that you are in different factions. And that's it. Long story short. :)
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

I hope to hear some clear respons from Rogues here (how they see the situation).

How I (not all Rogues, even if considering all my proxies, alts, duallogs, focds and cheats) see the situation:
- we've made (with a big help of Broken Hill Hunters, who were called "Rogues" and "PK" by you :) ) an RP project in BH few months ago. All we got from you was endless flame, spam and shit in forums, irc and in game,
- no one likes to be shot inside a town, despite how much that PK-ing is justified by some "roleplay" (lawyer project) issues. So, don't expect any peace from Rogues as long as you keep shooting us in Redding ;) telling us to "make some new alt" is just a show of disrespect  ;)
- teaming up with proxy soldiers "to defeat superior evil" (instead of looking for a different way to solve things) seems funny to me, even funnier than our alliance with RDA.

As I know that nothing will change with your politics (therefore, nothing will change with ours), I hope you will soon get used to playing side-by-side with hubertus, janosiks and other strigojs, because we have enough resources and players to bring war to Redding all of the time, till next wipe.

Right now, during twenty-four-hours, the town is run by the North Bandits, you show up in the evening, during the evening and the night Redding is a warzone, eventually we're going to sleep and you have more and more players (yeah, different timezone, I know). After the night, Redding is again taken by the North Bandits and so on. Given these circumstances, I don't have an idea how you want to do any successful RP there. Posting walls of text in this thread won't solve anything. Of course, you can always write that you are so good and we are so evil, but what does it change?

If you think that after several losses we're gonna give up, then you are wrong. PvP is what keeps us playing 2238, and you perfectly deliver us some piece of action every day. And no matter how much you justify your actions/treaties, no matter how much you insult us, no matter how many people you take to a battle, no matter how many of us you will kill - we will always be back to rape your ass there. Good luck.
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

- we've made (with a big help of Broken Hill Hunters, who were called "Rogues" and "PK" by you :) ) an RP project in BH few months ago. All we got from you was endless flame, spam and shit in forums, irc and in game,

As i didn't know much about this one, should be good if someone could give more clue about this dark era.

- no one likes to be shot inside a town, despite how much that PK-ing is justified by some "roleplay" (lawyer project) issues. So, don't expect any peace from Rogues as long as you keep shooting us in Redding ;) telling us to "make some new alt" is just a show of disrespect  ;)

That's why we shoot pk and outlaws on sight. To prevent those we know, are thief or pk, from doing anything in town. Maybe the laws in Redding are a little bit too harsh. But it is up to citizens to decide it, not rogues, who just kill us inside. (or outside, as we don't want bad guys from outside, at least with the actual government)

- teaming up with proxy soldiers "to defeat superior evil" (instead of looking for a different way to solve things) seems funny to me, even funnier than our alliance with RDA.

We didn't choose to start this conflict. But, seems more strange to dig ourself underground and give up Redding, after everything we built, or tried to build.

As I know that nothing will change with your politics (therefore, nothing will change with ours), I hope you will soon get used to playing side-by-side with hubertus, janosiks and other strigojs, because we have enough resources and players to bring war to Redding all of the time, till next wipe.

It is new for me. I don't know where it will lead us.

Right now, during twenty-four-hours, the town is run by the North Bandits, you show up in the evening, during the evening and the night Redding is a warzone, eventually we're going to sleep and you have more and more players (yeah, different timezone, I know). After the night, Redding is again taken by the North Bandits and so on. Given these circumstances, I don't have an idea how you want to do any successful RP there. Posting walls of text in this thread won't solve anything. Of course, you can always write that you are so good and we are so evil, but what does it change?

Threads, in order to correct things that seems non sense for me (or us, or you) and try to find out where could be the common ground. (or make sure to forget it, if it doesn't exist)
... Or to troll from those (from both sides) who think it is better to let's hate grow up.

If you think that after several losses we're gonna give up, then you are wrong. PvP is what keeps us playing 2238, and you perfectly deliver us some piece of action every day. And no matter how much you justify your actions/treaties, no matter how much you insult us, no matter how many people you take to a battle, no matter how many of us you will kill - we will always be back to rape your ass there. Good luck.

So, if you don't care about our justifications, don't mock them.

As i said earlier, it is perfectly possible for you to wipe us. But thank you for trying to make things more clear.

Hope we will find out an way out that won't break our apk policy, your PVP appetite, and the safety of Redding.
(but, as you keep killing us, seems very very hard to find a way of letting you enter, without shooting. You made yourself hardly trustable, by attacking us)

In my opinion, this endless battle with different timezone couldn't last forever.
We needs both alliance to meet and talk deeper.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:23:57 pm by naossano »
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 03:51:10 pm »

As i didn't know much about this one, should be good if someone could give more clue about this dark era.
Greatest one, you make my day.
If you dont know much, so you just posting wall of flame.
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »

The translation of that is a wall of fire. Is it what you said ? On what purpose ?

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »

The translation of that is a wall of fire. Is it what you said ? On what purpose ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)

Jescri

• TTTLA
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 06:13:06 pm »

I don't have an idea how you want to do any successful RP there. Posting walls of text in this thread won't solve anything.

We did it when you didn't spawn with 25 guys to take the city.
Here is the problem.

Now we take the city, you take it, we take it, you take it, we take, you take it ... And it seems that that is what you want, because you take the only city that we care. (There is 6 cities but you choose to do fight in the one where is some RPs players ... strange... )
30 vs 30 + 50 muties fights are cooler than RP.
When a team will have no more stuff and money maybe it will stop, but for the moment it seems that there is still a lot of money and stuff.
[My signature was too big, like Jescri's dick]

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

That's easy.

Horde of apes, let's call them gorillas, started to sit on a Tree X to gather bananas and crap. But then the other ape horde, let's call them chimpanzees, yelled "we no like gorillas, we strong, we kill all and eat their bananas!", so both hordes involved into long fight.
Now chimpanzees are sitting on a Tree Y, gathering bananas and crap. Gorillas don't let them to do such terrible things, because "we no like chimpanzees".

And so the story goes. All about bananas and trees.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 09:02:30 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)

I didn't intent (or did anyway) to post a wall of flame, but answered, about false or misunderstood things, that been said earlier.

Anyway, what is the point with all those bananas ?

Do we have to care about these issues ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.