"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 03:12:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where is the NCR train station by Shady Sands?  (Read 1114 times)

Where is the NCR train station by Shady Sands?
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:21:49 am »

I just started FO Online today, made various characters but all have failed so far. I want to get to Vault City, and I guess best way to do that is by train (lost one char due to a random encounter owning him). The first couple characters sucked because I did their skillpoints/stats totally wrong. It doesn't help none of my friends want to play (they care too much about graphics I guess)...so its just all me. I did ask for help, but then got killed and lost all my items, and had to remake again. Shady Sands isn't really the best newbie town, since anyone can just kill you off. And all the other towns I've spawned at aren't that great for putting tents or exploring. I guess Vault City is the best from what I've read. Though I do know this is a harder game, and I'm glad for that, but I haven't really been able to do much so far.

I've been all over the zone where the NCR train station should be, closest to finding it was a railroad going across the map, and then it went to two different areas, but no train station or anything was there. I'm guessing I need to do a quest? I can't kill anything, because I don't have a weapon, someone took all my money and my combat knife I bought, among some other cheap items. So if its a quest needing to kill something, I can't do it. I really want to get to a "safer" area, like Vault City...but unable to find that dang train station. And every time I get a small amount of money, I'm killed and lose it again. Shady Sands kinda sucks in that regard, same with The Hub (at least outside it), mostly since its so crowded.

Looked all over wiki-boy, but NCR train station doesn't have any info. And like I said, I spent about an hour looking for the train station, but no luck.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
Re: Where is the NCR train station by Shady Sands?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:50 am »

Here's a quest you need to take to see the train station:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/A_Man's_Job
It was suggested some time ago to make train stations visible from the beggining but devs refused to do so (for some reason).
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:19 am »

Thank you :)

Quest doesn't sound too hard, and does take me to where I want to go.

A bit off the subject, but I do really like this game...very hard :) which is nice from all the easy MMOs that come out in recent times
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:49 pm »

Made it to vault city :) Thanks again for the help
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:54:33 pm by Vendayn »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.