"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 05:38:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lose all items after death....  (Read 1888 times)

Lose all items after death....
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:25:54 am »

I'm not starting a flame war or anything, I'm posting my opinion. Without being labeled as a "casual" or a "noob" because what casual would still be looking into this kinda thing? Really? More or less it'd be someone like me who really loves fallout (more than any other game infact).

It's such a letdown. I can understand the logic... apocolyptic... but what's the point of getting power armor and all that stuff and then you die and lose all your work? I mean really? Thousands of hours I'm sure put into this between god-knows how many people, and the simplest thing just ruins it.You'd get so many more players I'm sure if you let people actually keep their work, the more the merrier in any mmo. Everything else seems amazingly done. I'm totally impressed. I cannot stress that enough. It's how I would have done it, had I the chops, which I don't, and I give kudos to the devs for that.

Someone was nice enough to give me a laser rifle, so I sold that to get a pistol and some 10mm and then I spawn in the middle of a raider/guard fight... Didn't go very well. I got one shot infact. Which was pretty retarded. Then I managed to loot a battle I found and some high level asshole with nothing better to do sticks a bomb in me... haha... kinda funny I admit. But really.
I'm an outsider with no friends that play this, this is setup so that people with others to play with are so much better off than a loner.

So I suppose my question is... Why not make a low level dungeon? So someone could hammer out the first five levels? Get a baring on their character?

I haven't given up yet, but this seems like it'd be nearly impossible to be on the winning side of anything without friends to play with.

Soaren
Re: Lose all items after death....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:11:47 am »

There are low level quests. But problem is, that if you spawn as a noob, you dont know the game mechanics and you dont know where to start your journey. All of old players know recipe how to fast level their chars using basic quest, during you get basic armors and weapons. Because of this, i will like to set a general spawn for new players near NCR. But also there are different reasons why not to do this and i respect them. Exploring of unknown is good part of the game.

StuntCat

• Suicidal
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:54 am »

Check this link :P and make a fortune

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5767.0
Remember, boys and girls, a wise man always knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE B****!"
Kanta - Desert Punk
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:10:38 am »

Check this link :P and make a fortune

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5767.0
I had forgotten about that guide, pretty useful and if you want to "hammer" out the first 5 lvls get a basic gun preferably the 10mm over the mauser and go hunt rats and radscorpions. If you have high AP you can do it in turn based although its more time consuming you can usually escape.

avv

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:15:06 pm »

You'd get so many more players I'm sure if you let people actually keep their work

This game isn't mainstream and full-loot drop is actually one of its trademarks.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »

but what's the point of getting power armor and all that stuff and then you die and lose all your work? I mean really?
You can't get Power Armor here, except from drunk GM. It's not the same story about being the Chosen One here, I mean really.

Don't give up yet. After getting through first levels, first deaths and "itanz" losts, the real fun starts. And game was called "Faction Mod" in the beginning, so even small faction has better chances for survive than loner.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:58:13 pm »

My two cents...
Well, get a bank accout and build a tent.  When you do, everything you work for isn't lost, only the crap you have on you is.  Also, the full loot/lose everything when dying is a big reason people play this game.  There aren't many MMOs that are pretty much do whatever you want... kill anything, steal, loot everything, etc. 
There are nice players.  And most players can be nice, or cruel, depending on mood and timing. 
Watch your back man, the wasteland is harsh.

Oh, and TGHGWC is always recruiting.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:22 am »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=10918.0

It would not stop you from losing things to encounters, and ANY version of the above suggestion would certainly make guarded towns safer from bombers shop shooters and the like.  The bank idea isn't bad, but there is one, Tents.  And the underlying problem will still exist, which is getting from wherever you keep your stuff to wherever you're going.  Even if it is a town, like NCR, Junktown.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:12 am »

My two cents...
Well, get a bank accout and build a tent. 
Its easy to say that but not easy to be done. Especially for really new player.
By the way soma peoples CAN help you with tent, but they MAY NOT do this. And they even can cheat you and just shoot&loot you. Watch out whos you trust.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:05 pm »

Yeah, let's keep the players in a massive multiplayer game even more hiding in their own private bases, private tents, private mines, private mining benches, private "PvE Spots", private private... uh.

Bad suggestion. Random encounterable mining spots have been removed for exact this reason.

By the way soma peoples CAN help you with tent, but they MAY NOT do this. And they even can cheat you and just shoot&loot you. Watch out whos you trust.

The mantra of the game being Trust No One, seems to make this a whole lot harder than it should be.  As C.J. says be very careful who you choose to help you, they are out there, but are far more rare than say APA MKII.  Even if my previous suggestion isn't something people want to deal with, perhaps a nice red dot on the map where you died that lasts for a short time, to give people a chance to return and try and retrieve their stuff.  Since I'm sure if I got my ass kicked in real life I'd remember where it happened. 
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

avv

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 02:32:26 pm »

It all depends on what this new player is like. If he's ready to withstand above average odds then starting the game won't be that hard. It takes some trial and error, patience and reading certain guides. Wiki and irc are good places, but asking questions in irc that are already written somewhere isn't recommended.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 04:57:40 pm »

It's not so hard.  Shovel 10 cow turds and you have a bank account.  Then sell, steal, do whatever until you have 1000 caps, or some combination of hides and caps.  Then ".s WTB Brahmin Hides" in NCR.
My first tent, I bought 6 hides in a shop and then paid 400 caps for 4 more, I think.  Easy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.