"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:09:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New animal mercs  (Read 2257 times)

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
New animal mercs
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:27:34 pm »

I didn't find any topic about it, so i write.

At this moment we can 'buy' dogs fighting mercs. How about other animals? Molerats, pigrats, geckos, scorps might be 'bought' from some tribal NPCs. Or maybe even centaurs, deathclaws or fire geckos? (with some limitations of course)

1. They might be useful.
2. I thinks it's kind possible to tame some of them. Molerats or pigrats for example. We already saw it in Fall:NV. Scorps might be problem, but it was also seen already in F2.
3. Maybe available only after picking right perk/trait or doing a quest?
4. NOT AVAILABLE for EVERYONE. That would be just.. odd.
5. It will be just.. you know.. "cool" to have a scorp or gecko fallower.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
Re: New animal mercs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 08:35:16 pm »

Ok? ...Ok!
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:51:25 am »

No deathclaws or those other super animals.
And anyway dog is enough, but it need some boost (low hp, low attack power in start)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:53:41 am »

yeah im pretty sure there's been a similar topic, taming not buying already tamed one's and it was argued to not be ridiculous with the whole thing like centaurs and deathclaws (the small one's maybe but it would still have to be pretty hard).
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »

are you from World of Warcraft? in FO we dont use living pets... we use gun pets.

Signorini

• [VBD] Breaking your Dreams!!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 02:46:23 pm »

I prefer can buy robot dogs our robots like skinet. For me geckos scorps and pigrat is only to kill in enconters.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 02:52:03 pm »

As we remember from Fallout 2 or Tactics deathclaws are intelligent animals, they can work in team, with people also. If they would get reward for working for a human just like a normal mercenary, then why not?
They would just take more slots, like 2 slots for a deathclaw. So with 9 charisma you could only have 2 deathclaws(and with magnetic pers. 1 human merc).

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »

No Deathclaws as followers.

Some tamed molerats would be ok though.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 02:28:05 am »

The first thing that comes to my mind is a TC fight in which the attacking team comes with some snipers characters and also about 5 leader characters, with 5 molerats each. 25 molerats that are left free to go annoy the defending group and disctract the enemy mercs, especially the Mutants with rocket launchers who will blow up the rats and get shot by the snipers while doing so.

Doesn't sound too cool. But still, if it brings some balance to the merc Supermutant pwnage...
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 12:56:36 pm »

No Deathclaws as followers.
They are not more powerful than Super Mutants, still SMs are possible to hire as mercenaries.
Explain why you don't want them as followers :/

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:31:38 pm »

Super Mutants are "intelligent", Deathclaws not. It's only one "tribe" of deathclaws which is halfway intelligent in Fallout 2.
Besides this, have fun taming such a beast.

Besides that, the Mutant Followers and Merc Follower Limits etc. will get soon reworked.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 01:38:10 pm »

Deathclaws are intelligent. Did you play Fallout Tactics? Looks like you didn't. There was even a deathclaw squad in Brotherhood of Steel there...
They were not "tamed". They were consciously fighting at the side of BOS agains their enemy.
For the follower limits, i said that deathclaws would take 2 slots. Maybe even 3? So you could only have 1 deathclaw.
Not slave-like, but merc-like - you hire them, they work for you for money or something else(they have their needs too)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:43:11 pm by Floodnik »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 01:45:33 pm »

Fallout Tactics is not really considered "Canon" and has nothing to do with Fallout.
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 01:54:10 pm »

So I've been reading about it, Tactics is semi-canon and has to do something with Fallout. Though it's not sure if these deathclaws in there are canon or not. Well, maybe we don't have these intelligent deathclaws in the area of F1-F2, but what i was reading on wikis bout them:
The Deathclaws are portrayed as intelligent and talking. According to Fallout 2, the intelligent version was created by the Enclave after the events in Tactics. However, Tactics deathclaws have a normal maximum intelligence of 4, making them slightly smarter than dogs and leaving the most intelligent specimens just barely intelligent enough to speak -- this could have been a minor regional variation much like the appearance of hair.
Hairy deathclaw
Gameplay article: Fallout Tactics
   The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.

A deathclaw subspecies living in the area of the former states of Illinois, Missouri and Kansas developed patches of fur to better cope with the colder climate. (However, since reptiles are cold-blooded and produce no own body heat, a real-world reptile with fur would actually freeze to death.) Furthermore, some of them were noted to be capable of speech as early as in 2197, which means that they probably developed speech through spontaneous mutation, or were experimented on by someone other than the Enclave. Another possibility that they were designed to have an intellect and ability to speak before the Great War. They were also more matriarchal than their Western counterparts, with packs being led by a Matriarch. As infants, these deathclaws are less hairy and seem to be absolutely unintelligent, behaving like an animal or simply following the adults. They presumably become self-aware when they grow up.

We could still do something about these Enclave experiments :)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 03:38:38 pm »

Intellingent Deathclaws had no reason to be in Fallout Tactics, as this game is set between FO1 and FO2, before the Enclave starts their experiments with Deathclaws.

We should chek the Fallout timeline to see when the Enclave started such experiments, but anyway I think it is not good enough to say that we could hire Deathclaws. Intellingent Deathclaws could be found in Enclave facilities and in Vault 13. They would never go out and help other humans (except Goris, but this in an exception)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.