"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:27:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to make Sequence affect RT... again.  (Read 2474 times)

avv

Re: How to make Sequence affect RT... again.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 03:06:30 pm »

I am against. It is just too complicated. More mechanisms = more bugs and exploits.

Not not if done well. More mechanisms also involves more options.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 03:43:33 pm »

Not not if done well. More mechanisms also involves more options.
We know how well are done things usually here and if you are willing to risk RT combat system completly broken for a month i think devs do not. ;-)
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 03:37:51 am »

If I got it right, low sequence and high sequence characters will have advantage over regular chars - low sequence char will spend less than half of his APs every time and high sequence char will try to keep his APs lower than half all the time. Doesnt seem too logical, but it can make things interesting

Speaking about perks, its not very relevant, they are going to be reworked soon.

What about changing sequence this way - sequence is derived from AGI and PE and affects AP regen ( so not max APs anymore )
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 08:50:17 am »

If I got it right, low sequence and high sequence characters will have advantage over regular chars - low sequence char will spend less than half of his APs every time and high sequence char will try to keep his APs lower than half all the time. Doesnt seem too logical, but it can make things interesting.
If you find interesting to spend only 1/2 of your AP all the time (if you're low sequenced), then yes, but I think a guy with the same ammount of AP, but high sequence, or even middle sequence will have 100% of thier AP and can use it properly, while low sequenced will have only 50% of thier AP, if they want to regen it with the same speed as high sequence.
But again, you need to spend APs on running, so low sequence will be always worse than average, and average worse than high. Of couse it also requires balancing, it can be even made from average (20%/20%/20%/etc) to high only, so with lowest possible sequence you'll have the same AP regeneration all the time, while than more sequence you'll have than faster you'll regen 1st half of APs and slower 2nd half, if current suggestion will be really so easy to exploit. But again, APs aren't regenerating when you doing an action, it means you'll need to wait everytime to keep your APs in 2nd half for slow sequenced characters, while high sequenced can spend all thier APs so work in 100%/50% = 2 times better at the begining.

If it was up to me, I'd use sequence to determine starting AP. So with low sequence one would only regen 2-3 AP when out of combat, when combat starts the AP regen to full at normal rate.
As someone said about that: you'll see guys punching each other to keep themselves in combat and have full APs.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:35:49 am by RavenousRat »

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:26 am »

It could work, but it's hard to say without empiric tests.

If it was up to me, I'd use sequence to determine starting AP. So with low sequence one would only regen 2-3 AP when out of combat, when combat starts the AP regen to full at normal rate.
So a fastshot gunslinger can draw and fire before a miniguner can get those barels spining.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

I think after some simulations that sequence should work following way:
OOC ( out of combat ) everyone would be efficiently at max AP ( so it was true in original ), once combat is engaged, everyone except NPC or player who started it would begin to recieve AP from zero to their max. This first dose would be significaly faster than subsequent regeneration, and would be based on sequence.
This will emulate order of turns in TB system pretty well.

Another thing is AP per movement, it has to be implemented to make RT battles viable where currently only TB works ( so that you can exit in combat and NPCs, as well as get range advantage over melee NPCs and ranged NPCs/PCs with less AP than you have, because currently running away only negates AP regeneration which is same for anyone, so that you can't run further with more AP, and you can't force enemy to spend their AP by running away )
This might be for another thread, but it won't work without sequence.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 01:05:46 pm »

The problem is, that sequence is determined by agility and perception. At this moment, where many pvp builds and weapons are well balanced, we will have to erase all progress and start from scratch. And why? Because some statistic originally created to choose which side will start fight in encouters only (if i remember it well, it was not in cities.. there you chose that by your trigger or by conversation option), is obsolete in real time. No, there is a lot of others things to be balanced and i dont see any benefit from this.

The second thing is, that fonline is derived from fallout series. Potentialy new players know fallout mechanics, but this one would be something completely new they dont know. The whole result of developing this project is to maintain fallout mechanism but also balance them into MMORPG, result should have been compromise so new players should find all things familiar but old fonline players should be satisfied with changes that improves playability.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »

The problem is, that sequence is determined by agility and perception.
In fact, its only 2x PE now. I was talking just about my idea, where sequence would be derived also from agility ( so people wont heavily favour perception while agility becomes less useful ).
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »

The second thing is, that fonline is derived from fallout series. Potentialy new players know fallout mechanics, but this one would be something completely new they dont know. The whole result of developing this project is to maintain fallout mechanism but also balance them into MMORPG, result should have been compromise so new players should find all things familiar but old fonline players should be satisfied with changes that improves playability.
Oh yeah, RT combat is so familiar to me from original Fallout!

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 03:23:32 pm »

Oh yeah, RT combat is so familiar to me from original Fallout!

Read whole text first. The mechanism that you have some AP, you spend them and you cannot do anything more is same like in original Fallout.

BTW, how your sequence change will affect TB?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 03:31:39 pm »

BTW, how your sequence change will affect TB?
No how, because I don't want to change Sequence like "create something new", I just want to make it work the same way in RT like in TB, so... it won't be changed in TB, because it's already working there like it should be, it makes you to act 1st, if you have more sequence than other, in RT it's just human's reflexes.

About what I wanted to say: well.. I just said that just now, Sequence has no effect in RT, I'm trying to find a way to make it work the same way like in TB. If you don't like current suggestion, then it can be done by other way by starting from average to high sequence, to avoid exploiting or something with faster regen APs in 2nd half. So with lowest possible Seuqence you'll have the same AP regeneration as it is now, the same speed from start to end, with higher Sequence you'll restore faster at begin and slower in the end. Or opposite, low Sequence slow in the begin, faster in the end, high possible Sequence will make you regen APs like now.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 22 queries.