"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:22:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Supermutants are killing the PvP  (Read 6704 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Supermutants are killing the PvP
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2010, 08:01:28 pm »

What if its a psycho without faction and willing to kill everything and everyone?  Why the would someone like that listen to some dumbass talking over possible bullets being sprayed everywhere about random nonsense?

We're talking about NPCs, the only living beings in Wasteland who wouldn't kill without a reason. They can be tricked.

Of course, it won't work out on underage SHOOTAN ON SITE playerkiller.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2010, 08:30:44 pm »

We're talking about NPCs, the only living beings in Wasteland who wouldn't kill without a reason. They can be tricked.

Of course, it won't work out on underage SHOOTAN ON SITE playerkiller.
Stop that stuff in Bold.  It's ridiculous how you and others have protrayed every single "pk" as a child, complete nonsense and you know it, your just troling.

but yes... npcs...  this would totaly destroy the merc leader build totally, after such thing you will almost never see another one ever :(.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:32:21 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2010, 09:58:07 pm »

Stop that stuff in Bold.  It's ridiculous how you and others have protrayed every single "pk" as a child, complete nonsense and you know it, your just troling.

Yea, excuse me then. IMHO, it's still a childish, troll-like behaviour

but yes... npcs...  this would totaly destroy the merc leader build totally, after such thing you will almost never see another one ever :(.

Why is that?
Heavy armed Supermutants will be easily deceived than more intelligent, but lightly equipped mercenaries - firepower will be balanced out by intelligence, Speech will be worth to spend some skillpoints upon and supermuties will require a intelligent leader, instead of being a gridcamping annoyance.

avv

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »

What if its a psycho without faction and willing to kill everything and everyone?  Why the would someone like that listen to some dumbass talking over possible bullets being sprayed everywhere about random nonsense?

Because the one trying to talk is simply so convincing, that's what high speech is all about. It doesn't matter what the characters are talking about or if it makes sense, it's rpg the chars take care of the details we just order them to do stuff. With 300 speech your char should be able to convince low cha and speech builds to shoot themselves. Use loudspeaker for area effect  ::)

I'm partially fooling around but this is how rpgs work: you roll a dice using your offensive skills versus enemy's defensive skills. In combat it's your damage output and accuracy vs enemy's ac and defensive numbers. So when it comes to convincing someone it's their speech, charisma  and intelligence vs yours. Rpg rules are horrible settings for multiplayer but if steal, sneak and weapons skills work that way, so should every skill speech included. It's skill point investmen as any and should pay off.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 02:03:19 am »

Why is that?
Heavy armed Supermutants will be easily deceived than more intelligent, but lightly equipped mercenaries - firepower will be balanced out by intelligence, Speech will be worth to spend some skillpoints upon and supermuties will require a intelligent leader, instead of being a gridcamping annoyance.
So humans would be less easily fooled then?  I guess that's ok compromise.  But I still don't like it.
Because the one trying to talk is simply so convincing, that's what high speech is all about. It doesn't matter what the characters are talking about or if it makes sense, it's rpg the chars take care of the details we just order them to do stuff. With 300 speech your char should be able to convince low cha and speech builds to shoot themselves. Use loudspeaker for area effect  ::)

I'm partially fooling around but this is how rpgs work: you roll a dice using your offensive skills versus enemy's defensive skills. In combat it's your damage output and accuracy vs enemy's ac and defensive numbers. So when it comes to convincing someone it's their speech, charisma  and intelligence vs yours. Rpg rules are horrible settings for multiplayer but if steal, sneak and weapons skills work that way, so should every skill speech included. It's skill point investmen as any and should pay off.
  But this game has a few factors that are totally unrelated to RPG elements considering of course Real Time combat, taking cover and waiting for aps to recharge, and being able to outwit your opponent.

but you do have a point, but this is the way the game is and how it's going to be so we just have to deal with it and have as much fun and do as much betatesting as we can for it.  But like I've said, I simply don't see how people are going to accept speech skill for this use.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 08:35:12 am »

But this game has a few factors that are totally unrelated to RPG elements considering of course Real Time combat, taking cover and waiting for aps to recharge, and being able to outwit your opponent.

These skill factors only apply when builds and equipment are equal. A stronger builds can simply wtfpwn every weaker build no matter how much they take cover and watch their ap regen.

But like I've said, I simply don't see how people are going to accept speech skill for this use

They already accept that their chars do the aiming, sneaking, spotting, stealing, haggling and encounter travelling for us. So why not speaking too? Maybe you can't convince other players but your char can convince other player's chars. This just shows how unfit rpg elements are for multiplayer. If you take too much control away from players, and give it to the chars the playing experience starts to suffer.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.