"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:22:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Supermutants are killing the PvP  (Read 6704 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Supermutants are killing the PvP
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 05:21:11 pm »

Speech skill against mercs ^_^
Than more speech than more invisible you're for them when you enter location or they enter location. They are stupid NPCs, you know, you can use speech% to make them not shoot you for some time. It'll make impossible artillery use for muties, even minimal speech (5%) should give something like 1-2 seconds, then create a progression so if you have like 100% speech you'll have ~8-10 seconds to be invisible for mercs on current location when you enter it, or invisible for every merc that enters location where you're at already. However shooting mercs should remove this "invisibility" instantly, so it'll only make you escape/hide/get a position before die.
Also it can affect every other NPC on random encounters, depending on how bad is your reputation with current faction and how many of them there, so high speech will make encounter like now (very very very slow reaction), and low speech will force them attack instantly.

Brilliant idea!
With high speech you'll be talking their teeth in, while your teammate prepares himself for the combat. And with a Charisma check, you won't get attacked at all.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 05:31:12 pm »

So mercs would be payed to kill the enemy unless the enemy is too fucking good looking, a nice person, and knows how to talk smoothly? Even though the merc will never get caps from that person? Even though the merc would probably get killed by another enemy? How is that supposed to make sense?

avv

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 05:47:20 pm »

How is that supposed to make sense?

The same way as you will always hit at 95% chance if you got high weapon skill. In rpgs you throw sense in dumpster and resolve everything with dice roll.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 06:05:30 pm »

The same way as you will always hit at 95% chance if you got high weapon skill. In rpgs you throw sense in dumpster and resolve everything with dice roll.

exactly.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 06:16:37 pm »

The same way as you will always hit at 95% chance if you got high weapon skill.

Still makes more sense than that Speech & Charisma thing.

Alvarez

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »

So mercs would be payed to kill the enemy unless the enemy is too fucking good looking, a nice person, and knows how to talk smoothly? Even though the merc will never get caps from that person? Even though the merc would probably get killed by another enemy? How is that supposed to make sense?

It's making sense, if the speaker can convince the mercs that they're from the same faction, are the reinforcements, intimidate, confuse, humour them or pretend they've delivered the pizza to gain time.

Charisma isn't just pretty blue eyes, you know?

avv

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 06:25:55 pm »

It's making sense, if the speaker can convince the mercs that they're from the same faction, are the reinforcements, intimidate, confuse, humour them or pretend they've delivered the pizza to gain time.

Then we should be able to apply this on players too. What's the difference between succesfully shooting someone or succefully convincing someone in terms of rpg gameplay? They are both just dice rolls.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 06:47:54 pm »

Then we should be able to apply this on players too. What's the difference between succesfully shooting someone or succefully convincing someone in terms of rpg gameplay? They are both just dice rolls.
here we go with "Parle'" again :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 06:57:55 pm »

Do you really believe that makes sense?

-I'm gonna kill you!
-Don't shoot pal, I'm from the same faction that hired you :)
-Oh, sorry, I didn't know. Heh, I'm really sorry, it won't happen again.
-*Bursts the merc's leader dead* Hey! It's fine! :D
-But, what was that?
-Oh, nothing, just some friendly fire! *shoots another enemy*

Alvarez

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 07:23:30 pm »

Do you really believe that makes sense?
Do you really believe that it doesn't? It's psychological warfare.

-I'm gonna kill you!
-Don't shoot pal, I'm from the same faction that hired you :)
-Oh, sorry, I didn't know. Heh, I'm really sorry, it won't happen again.
-*Bursts the merc's leader dead* Hey! It's fine! :D
-But, what was that?
-Oh, nothing, just some friendly fire! *shoots another enemy*

Rather:

-I'm gonna kill you!
-All hail Master!/We bring ammo!/Behind you!
-All hail Master!...Hey, why are you running? (loses 3 seconds)/Oh yea...Umm, what is the password?(loses 7 seconds)/What? There's nobo... HEY!(loses 2 seconds)
-*plasmaeing merc's leader head* Bad day, focker!/Behind you, guys!(confuse them further)/You bastard robbed my money!(lack of civil courage from other mercs)
-*die, being confused*

That's automatical triggered sequence based on Speech. Initially, as long as noone is hostile, this could be viewed as a skill-based Parler for one or a party in tow.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:26:53 pm by Alvarez »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 07:36:11 pm »

Rather:

-I'm gonna kill you!
-All hail Master!...Hey, why are you running? (loses 3 seconds)/Oh yea...Umm, what is the password?(loses 7 seconds)/What? There's nobo... HEY!(loses 2 seconds)
-*plasmaeing merc's leader head* Bad day, focker!/Behind you, guys!(confuse them further)/You bastard robbed my money!(lack of civil courage from other mercs)
-*die, being confused*

That's automatical triggered sequence based on Speech. Initially, as long as noone is hostile, this could be viewed as a skill-based Parler for one or a party in tow.

Nope. Still don't believe it makes sense. Mutants' tendency to have low intelligence is the only small think that could tell me that idea makes sense... But I guess that at some point, someone would shot at that dumb mutant and tell him who to shoot. Alright, that would give you one or two seconds, but I do not see it as a reason to start creating Speech alts.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 07:36:19 pm »

Rather:

-I'm gonna kill you!
-*die, being confused*

What if its a psycho without faction and willing to kill everything and everyone?  Why the would someone like that listen to some dumbass talking over possible bullets being sprayed everywhere about random nonsense?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010, 07:37:29 pm »

What if its a psycho without faction and willing to kill everything and everyone?  Why the would someone like that listen to some dumbass talking over possible bullets being sprayed everywhere about random nonsense?
Hmm.. to prevent from instant grid killing?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 07:43:31 pm »

That does not answer my question in the slightest...
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 07:46:24 pm »

Why the would someone like that listen to some dumbass talking over possible bullets being sprayed everywhere about random nonsense?
I mean... in in-game terms, there's no real life logic or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.