"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:16:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Keepin the crap out of the Suggestions Forum  (Read 4223 times)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
Re: Keepin the crap out of the Suggestions Forum
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 11:45:40 pm »

That part is clearly showing that I was ironic.
alright, i am ok with irony, but botting is a point actually. i believe we have captcha styled security at forum registration which would handle that.
I also would ask you to refrain from jokin in a rather serious thread. I would like to have less useless posts that only take time to read and take the credibility of this suggestion.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 12:36:44 am »

Actually if the software can do it, you shouldn't be able to + or - a suggestion without making a comment on it, botting problem solved.

avv

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 12:41:23 pm »

This system is tested and worked perfectly in a community where the number of forumtrolls would be almost higher than here. I cant believe someone would really do such excessive trolling as trolls usally dont really care about suggestions and dont even read them, they're busy trolling ingame  ;)
As for last resolve, a moderator can still fix things up if shit hits the fan

I second this. The forum which used this scoring mechanism had even less users than we have so trollgangs could have taken over any time but it didn't happen. Surely there were some dumbasses who -voted everything for whatever reasons but in the end, the really good suggestions did make it to the top of scoreboard.

psssst... look at the filename of my example picture

lol!
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »

drags suggestion out of the realm of the forgotten ones
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »

Unless its a mile long suggestion. it takes about 5 seconds of reading to tell if the suggestion could/should be made or not.

Adding a poll like this means you'll either have to make forum accounts to vote, and to bump your thread so you can at least get your suggestion heared.

So i am against this. people have the right to suggest what they want and not get it auto-junked if no one votes for it in a days time.

-Ulrek-

avv

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 06:19:57 pm »

Adding a poll like this means you'll either have to make forum accounts to vote, and to bump your thread so you can at least get your suggestion heared.

So i am against this. people have the right to suggest what they want and not get it auto-junked if no one votes for it in a days time.

Have to make more accounts? If a suggy gets downvoted or doesn't even receive votes it means others aren't interested in it.
Besides, what comes to +votes, even if some suggestion had +100 votes it only means devs will pay some more attention to it. If it's boosted with multiaccounts it's still the same suggestion and doesn't get any better no matter how many +1votes it has. It just gets more attention, that's it.

Suggestions would get auto junked only if it receives enough -1 votes compared to plus votes.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:40 pm »

This also means that things suggested that might be unpopular with the player base but might actually balance/fix/or simply make the game better will get downvoted and ignored as well.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

who decides what is a good suggestion anyway?
At the end, we do not choose what gets implemented, so the community still can discuss about it but the final choice lays in devs' hands.

And yes, your point that this community is dumb enough to downvote something that would balance gameplay over their overpowered strategies might be true, but even then: these suggestions will not simply vanish, they are still there and i dont think with such voting systems everyone will only concentrate on top10 uservoted suggestions, especially devs/mods and gms who forward good (good in terms of quality, not votes) suggestions.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 10:14:11 pm »

I like it. Also it wouldnt hurt, if new users on this forum couldnt vote (for a while/till they get some posts), so there wont be any trollaccounts or hasty/inexperienced decisions. Or enable regular forum contributers to vote for more +/- points.
Maybe it doesnt belong here, but it could be also affected by reputation of each user (of course, reputation should be added first)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:26 am »

I vote yes. Totally. Truly. Fully.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:08 am »

Only if it is clearly stated, that it is not about Good or Bad suggestion. But, if it is constructive, or not constructive. Not the best words, but i bet you understand what i mean  ;)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:24 am »

Sorry to say this but this whole suggestion is hilarious - suggestion about suggestions. Seriously? Theres nothing more to suggest than this? This suggestion is meant for some fast-pace, constantly changing/developing project, where suggestions,especially the good ones are implemented reasonably fast, out of vast community, all reading and not posting similar ideas - but this couldnt be further from the truth.

As Izual said suggestion-dealing staff already reads and knows the suggestions. Better than that, devs/GMs/staff could make a "poll section" or list the problems or work to do to see what players would like devs to focus on first.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 11:03:50 am »

This suggestion is meant for some fast-pace, constantly changing/developing project, where suggestions,especially the good ones are implemented reasonably fast, out of vast community, all reading and not posting similar ideas - but this couldnt be further from the truth.

this system was tested on a game that had the same update circles like fonline2238, sometimes even much longer.
And i can asure you, the community was posting the same crap over and over again and it was full of trolls.

Its tested, it worked. Why not use it here if devs wish to?

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »

I said that once and i will do again.

This is brilliant idea. Every suggestions should have its'.. let's call it "karma" level. Each forum member could vote:

1. I like it. (+2)
2. Good idea, but require corrections (+1)
3. I don't like it. (-2)

The threads with highest karma will appear on the top of the suggestions list, so every could read it. Threads with score -20 would be automatically moved to closed suggs.

Simple. Clear. Obvious.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

avv

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

In addition a chance to change one's vote is also required. Someone who first votes something but is later convinced otherwise needs a chance to change his mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 16 queries.