"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:22:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Keepin the crap out of the Suggestions Forum  (Read 4224 times)

Re: Keepin the crap out of the Suggestions Forum
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:06 pm »

In my opinion, like i stated above, is that some ideas are not "likeable". Not all changes are for most people to like them. Like nerfing things... A suggestion that is happy for everybody is not a good suggestion i mean, it falls more into category of Bug if it is 100% (100% good suggestion) obvious.

NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 12:54:37 am »

I understand what you mean ktt, but i dont agree.

I think the players will NEVER say that they like something that is not fair or makes the game too easy. Fox example: to give all chars 200 more HPs. But they will MAYBE accept one extra hp per level. And maybe not.

In other words if you wont to know what suggestions is good, then post it. Explain it. And let people vote. If they will say: "yay! 200hp is so kewl!" then it means that it is a good suggestion. If they will say "no fruckin way, dude!" - that means it's not.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »

In my opinion, like i stated above, is that some ideas are not "likeable". Not all changes are for most people to like them. Like nerfing things... A suggestion that is happy for everybody is not a good suggestion i mean, it falls more into category of Bug if it is 100% (100% good suggestion) obvious.

You mean like ideas should have percentage points instead of points?. This is way better solution than NastyKhans' - because it mirrors the whole community with 1 vote per account.

I said that once and i will do again.

This is brilliant idea. Every suggestions should have its'.. let's call it "karma" level. Each forum member could vote:

1. I like it. (+2)
2. Good idea, but require corrections (+1)
3. I don't like it. (-2)

The threads with highest karma will appear on the top of the suggestions list, so every could read it. Threads with score -20 would be automatically moved to closed suggs.

Simple. Clear. Obvious.

Yes but you wouldnt be able to recognize "need correction" ideas with little dont like it votes from idea that is liked and hated very much. There should be at least 2 parameters in this way to work.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:21 pm »

I have seen something similar in Battlefield Heroes forums. People write something like "/sign", then the author adds his name on a list he made earlier. Later he counts have many people have "/signed" and put it in the title of the thread.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 03:48:20 pm »

Well, i mean in short, that this is democracy, and we all know that total democracy is a failure. If it was natural in our world we would all be out voted by flies and had to eat shit.

If anything like this, then allow only Devs to vote anonym votes. If the suggestion helps them or not helps them. In meaning, if it gives them another view on subjective/alternative solution/constructive whining/idea that gives them new point of view maybe. If you dont agree, then explain what means "Good", and what means "Bad", if you suceed in explaining that, then i will agree to it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:51:46 pm by kttdestroyer »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.