"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:59:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Doctor/Joining VC  (Read 1928 times)

Doctor/Joining VC
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:59:07 pm »

Hey,

I browsed the topics a bit, but I didn't find similar one so i'm posting for your advice on this one.

Got a char lvl 14 (here's a link for skills or stats reference), he's got slaver tatoo and i wondered if it would be possible for him to become a doctor.

So I have following questions:

1.  is it possible to meet the INT requirements by using mentats

2. How to join VC if I'm already a member in a Player-Driven Faction (get kicked out by leader? sign myself out? is there a ~command line?)

3. I have 9 charisma and couldn't 'beg myself inside the VC'. Is Wiki misleading me?

Any sort of help most appreciated  ::)

Re: Doctor/Joining VC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:02:02 pm »

Use mentats to get IN for prof and CH so they will let you in.
But you'll get max 2nd prof, because for 3rd you need 9 IN and you have only 6, mentats giving only 2.
Leader can kick you from your gang, or you may leave yourself.
Also, if you're not going for 3rd prof (You're not), then don't go to VC, just talk to ANY doctor, and they will make you 1st and 2nd prof.
So all you need is mentats to get 8 IN for 2nd prof.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »

1. Only for level 1 and 2, which you can get right after one another. Mentats do +2 IN and you can take only 1 of each drugs. In order to get the 3rd level of the profession you need the +1 IN perk. In which case you should get level 2 and 3 right after eachother. If you're not going for level 3 of the profession, you don't need VC.
2. You can resign from your faction's terminal. You will be killed by guards if your faction has them. Not sure if you can set yourself to friend if you're an important member.
3. Might be due to being in a faction, might be due to the slaver tattoo.

I have no idea if VC lets you in when having a slaver tattoo. So I'm not sure if you can get the 3rd level of the doctor profession.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:25:26 pm »

Ok leader will remove me and set the guards on standby.

I'll get some mentats and +1 int perk, and we'll se how will the guard an the entrace to the VC will react to me after I leave faction.

Big thx guys, I owe you a Nuka-Cola !
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 06:07:41 pm »

Player-Driven faction does NOT corrupt with NPC faction. You can be VC Citizen AND in Player faction.

So you don't have to leave your faction.
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 06:13:37 pm »

Player-Driven faction does NOT corrupt with NPC faction. You can be VC Citizen AND in Player faction.

Since when? If its not realy recent change then its false.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:34:53 am »

Since when? If its not realy recent change then its false.

+1
Aku Soku Zan

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 04:13:31 am »

yeah it's false.  You can't be in two factions, player or npc.  You can be a VC citizen and a friend of a gang though.  So if you want to craft doc 3 stuff, you can't really ever truly be in your gang.  So don't die at base or your buddy will need to lead you back.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:34:57 am »

I'll get some mentats and +1 int perk, and we'll se how will the guard an the entrace to the VC will react to me after I leave faction.

Although I don't see a problem, you should try getting into the VC faction first before you take the +1 IN perk.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:46:01 am »

Although I don't see a problem, you should try getting into the VC faction first before you take the +1 IN perk.
Taking it on next level and I managed to join the VC after telling the guard that I won't bring him any hydroelectric-somewhat, and got myself in using high first aid.

Weird part is, I didn't leave my player-driven faction yet, so I gotta check if I'm still a member.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »

Taking it on next level and I managed to join the VC after telling the guard that I won't bring him any hydroelectric-somewhat, and got myself in using high first aid.

Weird part is, I didn't leave my player-driven faction yet, so I gotta check if I'm still a member.

You aren't.  If you join VC, not sure about other NPC factions, you will automatically be kicked from your player faction.  I don't think it works in reverse, you probably would have to manually resign from VC.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »

umm... So why I could join Raiders when I was in a player faction? Unless it automaticly kicked me (And I didn't notice it). Hmm... I must check it...
 Guitar Hero: Fallout

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

You must have been only a friend or it was a bug. I always had to leave even when joining raiders.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 05:00:35 pm »

umm... So why I could join Raiders when I was in a player faction? Unless it automaticly kicked me (And I didn't notice it). Hmm... I must check it...
You must have been only a friend or it was a bug. I always had to leave even when joining raiders.
No, it's ok, he really should check it, because joining raider's faction causes auto-kick from current faction.
Also this is the only way how to leave Mordino faction without GM's help, because you can't leave Mordino faction... because there's no terminal (atleast before wipe, don't know how it is now), but you can join Raiders and you'll be auto-kicked from Mordino.
So, he simply haven't noticed yet that he isn't in his PC faction anymore.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 10:11:16 pm »

Quote from: RavenousRat
So, he simply haven't noticed yet that he isn't in his PC faction anymore.

The gentleman here is right.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.