"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 16, 2024, 07:26:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strange NPC Behaviour  (Read 910 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Strange NPC Behaviour
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:19:38 pm »

Last few days i was looting the encounters BoS vs Remants of Masters Army.
When Bos won,i tried to heal them with my FA and doc skill, but when i FA'd one of the BoS paladin's they said "Thank you" - then i watied for new action points standing by him - he doesn't said nothing but made of me a cheese ;).
I know i know, people used to steal them from amunition - thats why u can stand near them only 1 - 2 seconds - but if someone WANTS to do it - he WILL do it - so why there are something like "Don't come any closer" option? Maybe make it longer?
I'm not stealer - but other players are - and if they want they will steal them easily with 6 lvl character with 200 % skill of steal.
So i would suggest change time of "close standing" to 10 seconds or make it other way.
1. Im used FA on BoS paladin - and he tells me "Thank You" and give me 5 - 10 seconds more to stand near him , maybe he will think i'll doc him so i'll do it.
2. When someone stand near BoS or other NPC - and he try to do "other thing" not like FA - just want to steal him or worse - he don't have time for stand , or have only 2 - 3 seconds.
I' would prefer only make NPC's more friendly to good person - example i good now 13 karma for healing the BoS after the fight - but maybe - the other karma - for example healing opponent side like " I healed Remant so BoS will shot me off or my karma will decrease with BoS for 50".

PS I know my English is chaotic but my keyboard is more chaotic than me :D - so be careful and read one sentence by one and try understand it :D.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:24:02 pm by Tomowolf »
h

avv

Re: Strange NPC Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:50:58 pm »

I've been shot in similar way.

If a bos paladin has his friends standing next to him, shouldn't they be the first ones to FA him over some dusty wastelander?
The whole rep for FA is a bit work in progress system because players do not have any real loyalty to the faction they provide first aid. They could just FA for some rep points and then slaughter the whole group.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:19:52 pm »

Most npc simply tell you to put your gun away or tell you you're too close.
In either way I don't get close.
Only exception is VC faction with my doc alt which allow you stand near them, heal them, etc.
I'm sure that thieves who are VC citizens can steal.
It would be interesting to know if they get shot when they fail.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:20:24 pm »

Maybe bos guys are sou tough that they take help of others as an insult and stealing as compliment. xD I am just stealing from them and after 200 skill never get shot.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Tomowolf

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:50 pm »

I want only to say that who want - he will steal them - its quite easy - so why there are the limits? Why don't cut them off. I want to say it once again - there will be A LOT of people who will steal them without problems (whats a matter of loosing the precious bluesuit).
h
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:23:31 pm »

Why don't cut them off.
As I know our beloved developers, they will just make bigger limits... do it the wrong way... lol.

Tomowolf

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 07:44:00 pm »

And what are the limits for quake players, or the no lifers - they will easy break them ;).
Limits in this games makes it hardly playable.
h
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 22 queries.